A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
337 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Sorting Help  (Read 877 times)
Tags for this thread: party_planning , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilak Tygress
« on: July 29, 2012 02:57:44 PM »

My sister, sister-in-law, BFF and I are collaborating in throwing me a Harry Potter baby shower in October.  We've got lots of great ideas thus far (ex: everyone who brings a package of diapers will be entered into the Goblet of Fire to win a prize!).  My first brain block has been, how do we sort guests into their houses?

I thought about using one of those paper fortune tellers (while the guest is wearing a sorting hat of course), but that would make the sorting pretty random.

The only thing I can come up with is a quiz for each guest to fill out.  Then the prefects can review the quiz and sort them.  Either, "well, you'e chosen mostly C's, so you're a Slytherin!" or "your total score was 15, so you're a Hufflepuff!"

I don't want it to be random, but I also don't want "Which animal do you like the best? Lion, Badger, Eagle or Snake?" They pick "eagle", and ta-da, they're a Ravenclaw.  ::yawn::

Thanks for the help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012 03:37:35 PM »

Well, you'll know the guests beforehand, so you don't have to sort them on the day: you could just fake it. Ask them for , oh, I don't know, the last dream they remember having or anything really, and then the sorting hat can put them in the house you've secretly previously chosen. That way you could have balanced, or hilariously unbalanced, teams for later use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Lilak Tygress
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012 05:26:19 PM »

Well, you'll know the guests beforehand, so you don't have to sort them on the day: you could just fake it. Ask them for , oh, I don't know, the last dream they remember having or anything really, and then the sorting hat can put them in the house you've secretly previously chosen. That way you could have balanced, or hilariously unbalanced, teams for later use.

You know, I though about that too... only problem is, I'm not very good at it!  I thought for sure my husband would be a Ravenclaw... he's an awful smart man... but when he was sorted in Pottermore, and I was watching him answer his questions I was amazed to see him answer like a Slytherin!  And sure enough, he was sorted into Slytherin!  I also desperately don't want my brothers girlfriend to end up in Hufflepuff with me, so I was going to sort her into any other house regardless, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012 01:33:02 AM »

Does it have to be accurate? Perhaps your perceptions would be good enough as it's just for one evening.

Another thought, if you don't mind it being a little bit random: you could have 4 drinks on offer when people arrive, sort them according to their choice of drink, it could even be Potter themed if you labeled your drinks pumpkin juice, butterbeer, firewiskey and (oh no, I can't think of a fourth one at the moment!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilak Tygress
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012 01:15:23 PM »

I like that drink idea- although you're right, it still makes it pretty random.  Going off that idea- I want to make a wand for every guest too, so what do you think if I labeled the wands, "this wand is for the successful"; "this wand is for the brave";  "this wand is for the brainiacs"; "this wand is for the loyal" and depending on which wand they chose dictates what house they're in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012 01:31:38 PM »

That sounds like a great idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katie Holmes Sports Tight Leather Pants
Three New Ways to Wear Stripes During the Summer
Kate Moss Sports a Bohemian-Style Outfit in St.-Tropez
Tips for Finding the Perfect Swimsuit Fit
Three Ways to Nail the Peplum Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...