A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sketchbook project  (Read 604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

white_lilyblossom
« on: July 29, 2012 08:04:35 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Has anyone heard of http://www.arthousecoop.com/sketchbookproject/ ? Has anyone done it before?
I'm intrigued by this, but it's a lot of money (I couldn't understand if the delivery costs something, too, on top of the 25$ fee) and I wanted to hear from someone who did this before I make a commitment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Addicted to beads
TheMadMel

Meh... Just start cutting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013 08:34:01 AM »

I'm not sure why there aren't any replies to this post from so long ago...

But this came up in a search, so I'm going to reply for the benefit of anyone else who stumbles across it wondering the same thing as you.

I have participated in 3 projects by the Art House Coop so far. Two were of the Sketchbook Project variety (I did the Limited Edition Sketchbook Project that got published as a book, which was cool) and the third was when I participated in their project A Million Little Pictures. I am ready to start another Sketchbook Project as soon as I finish my gobs of homework this semester and graduate.

It is a good exercise. It gives you a deadline which helps you push yourself to create. It helps you practice letting go of your artwork by sending it to live in the art library in Brooklyn and tour the country or world. I have a hard time doing that, so I paid extra for digitization AND I scanned mine before I mailed it off so I would have a copy for myself. It takes them a while to get the digitization done.

I've not been able to visit any of my work while it was on tour, but I still get email notifications from time to time letting me know that someone has checked out one of my sketchbooks in the library. I think that's neat.

It's a fun project to be a part of, and there is usually a craftalong thread here on Craftster where you can share your plans, progress, pictures, etc with others who are also working on the same project. It's nice having some company throughout the project.

In conclusion, I recommend it. Don't wait til the last minute to sign up, otherwise you'll be scrambling to finish your book before the deadline. Technically they'll still accept your book whenever you get around to finishing it, but if it's late it will miss out on the tours, publications, or whatever else is in store for your sketchbook when it gets there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour - "Adhere to Me"
A Million Little Pictures - "The Great Adventures of"
"My NEW blog!"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Recipe Photo Shoot
How to Clean a Camera Lens
How to Make a Mini Tripod for Your Camera
How to Make a Tripod with a Piece of String
The Rankin Live Exhibition
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...