A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blue Forest Nursery  (Read 2220 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blue_lalita
« on: July 27, 2012 09:18:48 PM »

I'm expecting my first baby (a boy) in September, and have been having a lot of fun getting ready! My husband let me do whatever I wanted in the nursery, and I wanted something that was basically gender neutral and not too baby-ish (so we don't have to repaint in the near future), and something that was really peaceful and calming (for me, since babies don't care much about what's on the walls). My favorite color is blue, we live in the woods, I love trees, and baby animals are adorable, so that's what I went with!

First I picked the fabric for the curtains - Michael Miller's Backyard Baby Birch Forest (http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=215c4f90-39ab-4e24-b8d1-1f7a80e81ee4). I also bought a bunch of the coordinating "Lotsa Dots." We painted the walls to match the darker blue in the fabric, and I painted a tree on the wall.

(There's a little bit of red in the curtain fabric, so that red and white lantern does match). I made the crib skirt with the "Lotsa Dots" fabric.  I cheated on the quilt by buying a fabric panel (http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=7b3e7767-79ce-43c3-8d66-942007f01a3a) and just quilted around the shapes on the fabric and added a satin binding. The picture frame on the wall is empty because I'm going to put maternity and newborn pictures in it.

The matching curtains, pillow case, and table mat. I also made the bunting above the window, as well as the giant gray rabbit, orange monster, and blue elephant on the bookcase. I happened upon a perfect area rug at Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50203793/.

I bought a second quilt panel, and hung some of the animals in embroidery hoops on the last wall. You can also see the diaper bag I made - I made it before designing the nursery, and it doesn't go, but the fabric is SUPER cute.

So, that's my peaceful blue forest nursery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012 09:21:19 PM »

Ahhh... adorable!  I love this room and I'm sure you'll have many many memories made there.  I really love the hoops! Smiley  Designing my son's nursery was one of my favorite projects, so this whole post just makes me smile!

As for the bag matching, no matter!  It won't be in there often anyway.  It'll be out and about with you and the family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012 05:22:03 AM »

It all works together so well, and it's just lovely.

Now I need you to do my room Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juliettesjules
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012 05:50:09 AM »

Congratulations!
Everything looks lovely, what a wonderful space you've created.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012 07:43:32 AM »

Well done - and that Michael Miller fabric is so cute - great choice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
FoxyBlue
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012 03:20:43 PM »

What a lovely peaceful room! Nice work. Lucky babe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012 02:06:50 PM »

that is absolutely beautiful. I love all of it. I do think that babies are influenced by what what is on their walls and in their environment, so a calming room is a good thing! My son's nursery was painted in bright primary colours (we had never decorated the room since we moved in) and Im convinced he calmed right down when I got around to decorating it in muted soft shades...

Im actually trying to get the guts up to paint a very similar tree on my daughters walls... I have just painted the room pale  primrose and painted the floorboards, and it looks very bare right now with just a white cot bed in it. So your room is quite an inspiration to me!

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_lalita
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012 12:32:13 PM »

Im actually trying to get the guts up to paint a very similar tree on my daughters walls...

I was actually really worried about painting the tree, I ended up borrowing a projector and tracing the outline!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AhuraFarouk
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012 10:41:31 PM »

Congratulation!!!

Adorable kid room decoration....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012 04:26:56 PM »

A projector, yeah? Thats what my husband was telling me to do and I have borrowed a friend's projector.... Smiley I love the quilt too. Your baby is a lucky baby Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Love Mayo? Try One of These 5 New Burger Toppings This Weekend!
The Perfect Hot Dog for Summer
Sunny Anderson Tops Your Burger With New Ketchup Recipes
Get the Dish: Buffalo Wild Wings Honey-Barbecue
3 Different Ways to Grill & Prepare Corn
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...