A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 306,425
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Drool Love Shirt  (Read 1307 times)
Tags for this thread: dog  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

I had a stroke Oct. 6th. Doing OK..just slow ;D

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2012 12:10:21 PM »

I recently orged a t-shirt swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410020.0 and my partner mycutezombies has received the shirt I made her so I thought I'd show it around a bit Grin.

I printed out a pic of her dog, in a grey scale.  Then I outlined the dog with a felt pen and tried to simplify it as much as possible.  mcz said she liked kawahi, so I tried to make the eyes as big as possible and cartoon it up a bit.  Then I cut the picture up into the parts that I would be using as a pattern.  I used knit fabric samples that I had been given.  They have a high Lycra content with 4 way stretch, so I knew I had to be carefull of puckers.  I pined the pattern bits to the fabric.  I cut them out a good 1/2 inch from the pattern edge.  I wanted to be able to trim things to fit and I thought the larger outline might help to get a more cartoonish effect. I decided to sew the body on, then cut the grey away on the back side, so the yellow is just one layer.  I wanted the muzzle and ears to be a bit wrinkly, so I sewed them on and left the yellow behind the blue parts.  I used spray temp adhesive to hold things still while I outlined them in thread.  The only part that has iron on glue is the drool of love.  I wanted that part to stay crisp.

I had ruff cut the shirt body out before I did all the above stuff.  After the dog was done, I put the rest of the shirt together.  I used the same blue in the sleeves that I had used in the ears.  I think they mimic each other, and I think of them as puppy ear sleeves.   I used the last wee bit of the grey that I had to make the neck line.  I used a double needle (for the first time!!  It was way easy, and gives a nice finish.  I will be using it again.) to do the hem.  I had my partners measurements, but I am not completely confident if I got the fit right...But we shall see Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012 12:17:11 PM »

I love it! Everything from the construction of the shirt itself to the slobber!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012 01:26:47 PM »

Very cool, suereal!  I love that you made the shirt yourself, too!  I so could not do that!  The dog is so cute!  You did such an awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Currently Crafting: Baby Bean 2.0 due June 2016!
whatthepuck
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012 04:18:51 PM »

So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honey Forever Vintage Etsy
Swaps:
Jan ATC
Junker Jane
BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012 06:35:55 PM »

GLORIOUS!  I knew you'd be able to pull that off... and it is way cooler than I imagined Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
$50 Android Tablet - Is It Any Good?
Hands On: Brookstone / Axent Wear Headphones
Throwing Shade at the CNET Smart Home
Pixel C Review: The New Android Tablet King
Sweat-Proof Phiaton Wireless Headphones
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...