A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: End of Summer Random Swap (signup July 22-Aug 5; sendout Oct. 1)  (Read 57545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2012 11:36:57 AM »

Looking all over my house for tools I need for my next project.  Where the heck did I put them?HuhHuhHuh    Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2012 05:29:49 PM »

I hear ya Miss Barbara.  I probably won't be sending out until the send out date.  I need to make 3 commissioned sock monkeys, in order to pay for all the shipping I have to do.  Sad  I finished 1 of those commissioned sock monkeys today, so I can ship out my monster swap package Wed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2012 07:16:45 PM »

Checking in... still crafting! Thank goodness for the long crafting time!  Almost done with my huge project, probably about 3/4 done. When I finally get done with this, I have several smaller things I know I want to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2012 07:31:15 PM »

Awww gotgrey!!!  I feel so bad  Sad  I hope you get your monkeys all done!!  This doens't mean no more swap right??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
gotgrey

« Reply #434 on: September 09, 2012 07:56:33 PM »

mama24boys, don't feel bad.  I did this to myself.  I get so excited about swapping, I just sign up if I have a slot open.  I don't pay attention to whether or not my shipping dates are close together, or if there is some space between them.  I just happened to have some close together shipping dates this time around.  Plus, I signed up for a few big swaps.  My husband usually pays for my shipping.  But, he informed me the other day, that $ is going to be tight until at least the end of the year.  No, it doesn't mean no more swaps.  I'll find a way to pay for shipping.  And, I'll get the monkeys done.  If I don't get a lot of interruptions, I can get a sock monkey done in a couple of hours.  It really depends on how much hand sewing is involved too.  My husband committed me to these commissions w/o asking me if I had the time to do them.  They are for his boss. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2012 03:22:03 AM »

You gotta love husbands! Cheesy  I bought some fabric for pj pants for DS and hubby saw it and said 'Did I tell you I need a baby blanket for  a guy at work?  That fabric would be perfect!' ::)lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2012 06:02:03 AM »

It's with good reason that I try to keep my husband far, far away from my crafting... He's being a bit sulky at the moment because I haven't finished (started...*cough*) the tool roll I promised him for his blacksmithing tools. But then again the wood for the jewellery box he's going to make me has been sitting in the basement for two years so he really can't grumble too much Tongue
Anywho, crafting on hold today. It's our anniversary so I shall depart from the worlds of teh interwebs, and go spend some Quality Time as I don't have to work until this afternoon and he's home all day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2012 06:10:19 AM »

Happy Anniversary and wow I guess in a way its good that DH has no interest (except to say What are you making NOW in a sarcastic manner  Undecided) except he has asked for baby blankets in the past....hmmmm....ac tually he did ask for one for his one friends now 3 month old....oops  Roll Eyes  My son on the other hand is bad.  He'll ask me the night before the last day of school if I can make his friend something.  And thats really what he asks for, "something"  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
gotgrey

« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2012 06:34:27 AM »

A pic of one of the sock monkeys I finished.  I still have to make a Curious George, OU sock monkey, and a Green Bay Packers sock monkey.  OKC Thunder trademark belongs to the OKC Thunder (disclaimer I was told to post, so I don't get my a$$ sued off Wink)  Sorry for the crappy pic, it was taken quickly, before my husband took him to work, to give to his boss. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey

« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2012 06:38:15 AM »

2 years ago this coming Christmas, I made like 21 or 22 sock monkeys for my husband's agents.  He bought all the materials.  They were his Christmas gifts to his agents.  I didn't make sock monkeys or other sock creatures for a long, long time after that.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Comb Paint to Make Patterns
Handcrafted Cards Using Cookie Cutter Stencils
How to Make An Oversized Ironing Board
How to Use Preserved Roses
How to Use a Bouquet Holder
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...