A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
296 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Double Crochet Beanie Pattern Using Simply Soft Yarn???  (Read 1117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChelseaHowell
« on: July 21, 2012 02:26:02 PM »

Recently I switched to Caron Simply Soft Yarn because, well, I love it! But I didn't realize until recently that although it says worsted weight, it's actually a little lighter than that. So the patterns I've been using have been turning out smaller. I've been trying to find a simple beanie pattern using a double crochet stitch (because that's the look I like best) that the pattern writer used Simply Soft for. Oh and is in multiple sizes. I don't mind paying for a pattern either. I just want one that will work.

I've tried and tried to just adjust hook size or the pattern itself, but it seems I'm not very good at that so I'd love to just find a pattern that fits these needs.

Anyone know of any??? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Chelsea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012 05:06:58 PM »

I searched Ravelry for a double crocheted toque in a double-knit yarn, and found this pattern.

I would always just increase till the circle looked big enough and then measure it's circumference. I like to make hats about an inch or inch and a half "too small" when I reach that point. There have been times I've had to frog and change hook sizes to get it just right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChelseaHowell
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012 05:35:04 PM »

Ok good to know. Thanks for the link Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladybuggcreations
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013 01:59:25 PM »

This is the pattern I use Smiley
https://www.etsy.com/listing/107316543/crochet-hat-pattern-easy-dk-beanie-with?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=dk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaphiraRayne
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014 01:58:17 AM »

You could use a basic beanie pattern in dc for about any yarn, just experiment with hook sizes and add/subtract rows after the increases. Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! PM me!
iluminameluna
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014 05:18:11 PM »

I've been using this site to do ALL my crocheted hats, no matter the yarn OR the stitch I use: http://anniespictureperfect.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-properly-size-crochet-hats-chart.html?m=1 Make the crown, the flat part, as big as it says measuring across the middle then measure the depth of it by folding the hat in thirds sideways with the beginning circle at the top and measure from it to the bottom edge (your working row). The chart is amazingly complete. Start with 8 dc's in your first row, and go on from there. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abigail E.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014 06:34:46 PM »

My boyfriend loves Doctor Who.  And how does your scarf (so far) look so good LOL?  It just looks like crochet perfection!  Everything's lined up nicely and even.  I've been crocheting for years and still can't manage to get mine to look nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014 03:34:02 AM »

Old post but if anyone else comes here looking for help: use a larger hook with two strands of yarn held together. You can use the same color or different colors for an interesting effect.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014 04:34:26 AM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onlymuttix
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014 04:25:42 PM »

I knew that Caron Simply Soft was lighter than Red Heart but it seriously never occurred to me that this might be the reason my gauge comes out incorrectly sometimes. Thanks for this post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Foolproof Ways to Jump on the Leather Shorts Trend
The Best Swimsuit For Your Body Type
You Can Do What With Double-Sided Tape?
Different Ways To Wear A Striped Shirt
The Mod Style Is Back In A Big Way
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...