A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Broomstick lace Wrap  (Read 1412 times)
Tags for this thread: broomstick_lace , wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kasuro
« on: July 21, 2012 09:06:05 AM »

I have been working on increases to release knitted broomstick lace from itís natural, scarf-like, rectangle shape so it could become a lot of other things. The problem with that is that broomstick lace doesnít behave like ordinary knitting because of the large row of loops so standard ratios of increases didnít yield a predictable shape.

Initially I wanted to create a triangle shawl, but it looked more like a carrot than anything youíd be able to drape over your shoulders.  The next iteration had a wider angle, but was creating too much fabric and arching at the center back.  I felt as if it would bunch up at wearers neck and look funny.

The roundness was intriguing to me though and I decided if I couldnít beat it, I would join it and this wrap was born. The best part is that I learned a lot about increasing with Knitted Broomstick lace and I hope it wonít take me as long to push out patterns with even more shaping.

You wonít believe how well this wrap stays on your shoulders. By adding increases in the style of a Raglan sweater, it hugs and wonít let go. I also think the Broomstick Lace gives this wrap great flexibility to be dressed up or down depending on your moods.

The pattern is available at Ravelry, but, as always, I have free copies for my pals here at Craftster, so don't hesitate ask. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twisted5whispers
Even through the darkest days, this fire will still burn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012 10:38:19 AM »

I really love this wrap! I think it would be awesome in all sorts of different colors for any outfit. I would love a copy of the pattern if you don't mind sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
mandyandbingley
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012 10:47:04 AM »

Really nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasuro
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012 10:48:03 AM »

Right now, the pattern is at http://karlierobinson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/knittedbroomstickwrap.pdf but I'll be taking it down sometime on Sunday, July 22.  After that I'll send it via Ravelry with either your user name there or with your email address.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twisted5whispers
Even through the darkest days, this fire will still burn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012 08:55:45 PM »

Right now, the pattern is at http://karlierobinson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/knittedbroomstickwrap.pdf but I'll be taking it down sometime on Sunday, July 22.  After that I'll send it via Ravelry with either your user name there or with your email address.  

Thank you! I got my copy! Now if only I had some more free time to work on it.. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
kasuro
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012 03:42:49 AM »

Thank you! I got my copy! Now if only I had some more free time to work on it.. LOL

Great!  Whenever you get to it post pictures somewhere so I can see where your creativity took the pattern.  If you leave a comment on my blog when you do, I'll be sure not to miss it.

And don't wait until you have a finished object, because I act like a kid at Christmas once I know someone is working one of my patterns.  Or maybe it's more like a nervous mother... anyway, don't keep us in suspense forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012 10:07:12 AM »

Rats, I slept in this morning and missed it. I'm suzeeq at Ravelry.

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
MaddiesMom
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012 11:06:14 AM »

I missed it this morning too!  I'm Knitchick10 on Ravelry.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.

http://jilliej.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Louise the Big Cheese Book Trailer
Helen Mirren Talks About Her Book and Writing
Indu Sundaresan Talks About Her Novel Shadow Princess
Adrienne Vrettos Talks About the Inspiration Behind the Exile of Gigi Lane
Get to Know Bestselling Author Lisa McMann
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...