A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Gallery (send by Aug. 3 2012)  (Read 29404 times)
Tags for this thread: prayer_flag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2012 04:15:37 AM »

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The print used for the silohuette (sp?) is completely perfect!  And the applique is beautifully done.  It is so full of joy - an embrace of the universe.  Nicely done, ShannonMN.  Waterbaby- your mom would be proud of the work you are doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plucky1_08

Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2012 08:26:03 AM »

I'm not in this swap but have been following it since signups.  These flags are absolutely beautiful. I love all of them.  I can't sew to save my life (which is why I didn't join)  but did just receive a used sewing machine for free so I'm hoping I can figure it out and try out one of these on my own.  I have a friend getting ready to redeploy to Afghanastan and I can see a camo patriotic prayer flag in my head for him.  Maybe if all goes well I can join in a future swap.  Thanks or sharing and inspiring.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2012 09:08:52 AM »

Wow - the "Let go" flag is stunning.

And plucky1_08 - You don't have to sew these on a machine - there's glue, hand-stitching, embroidery, stamping and lots of other stuff I haven't even thought of yet...Go fot it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2012 09:29:23 AM »

OH WOW.  This gallery is amazing.  I want one of each flag  Grin   I'll be sending out my flags tomorrow with some anxiety of letting them go.  They have been so relaxing to make (and with work stress it has been great!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zuliblu
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2012 07:47:48 PM »

Oh my, all of these flags are amazing, I love the uniqueness of each and every one! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fontiua
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2012 08:12:35 PM »

i love everything about the joyful flag.  It is amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
calluna
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2012 08:24:35 PM »

The flag theatreorchid sent me is rocking my socks off:

(the scanner shows the detail better than a photo for this particular flag)
I had a whole truckload of themes/prayers on my list, but I'm sure it became clear in our conversations how suffocated I feel while stuck living in a heavily-polluted area and how much I value being in nature (and how jealous I am that she lives in the Pacific Northwest  Cheesy)...She gave me a forest as a result! The tree to the left says "breathe"; much easier to see in-person than to capture on the screen. The trees in the foreground are sewn onto the green surface, and all the details and background are painted/drawn.

And here is the beautiful back, with variegated embroidery...I didn't expect so many people to do nice things with the backs of the flags! (Lacking a sewing machine, the fabric ones that I'm making have so far been unfinished on the back, but maybe I should stick some backing fabric on with fusible web or something....)

It was all wrapped up in tissue paper with a lovely note and it feels like something sacred. It is exactly what I need, and I love it!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012 08:28:26 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2012 10:15:48 PM »

I'm so glad you like it!  I really wanted to create something meaningful for you.  It was a pleasure to make- it just felt "right" and everything on it just came together (I love it when crafts happen like that).  I have to admit though- you're giving me a little too much credit for the painting!  While I did paint the texture on the trees and the larger background trees, I was lucky enough to find this beautiful fabric at JoAnn and it did most of the work for me. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012 12:09:42 AM »

yeeeah, but you still painted over it and made it your own!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012 02:56:38 AM »

The postman has been and I have mail from Tanza and Abbeeroad - how cool that I got them both on the same day  Cheesy
I'm not allowing myself to open them until I have been to the PO and posted Abbies flag, when I come home I can then add to the gallery and also comment on all the flags that have been added since my self imposed gallery ban!
I didn't want to be influenced by any of the other flags or feel like mine weren't up to the mark (though I'll probably think that when I see them all anyway  Roll Eyes)
Off to get dressed and go to the PO. Back soon  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Audrey Niffenegger Talks About Her Fearful Symmetry
Michael Capuzzo Talks About The Murder Room
Cassandra Clare Talks About Clockwork Angel Part 2
Meet Author Jeannette Walls
Indu Sundaresan Talks About Shadow Princess
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...