A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Gallery (send by Aug. 3 2012)  (Read 33125 times)
Tags for this thread: prayer_flag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012 04:58:08 AM »

Very pretty, MaryColleen!  And the wind chime is an unexpected and awesome touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012 07:24:55 AM »

Glad you like your flag, Cinnamoon.  I enjoyed putting it together!  Hoping to receive yours in today's mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2012 08:53:21 AM »

I received a beautiful flag from Tanza. 

Thank you so much.  I love it! (I bought that pattern from Urban Threads too  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2012 12:23:40 PM »

Tanza, the "serenity" flag is beautiful!!

Today I received a fabulous flag from alteredmommy.  It is an amazing piece of art; no way am I hanging this outside!

The front lifts up to reveal a hidden pocket where I can write the things I am happy for!

The detail on these circles at the top is amazing.

and this little bird is the cutest thing!  It is printed on sheer fabric so the whole thing is very light and airy.

Thanks so much, Cheryl, this is really something special to me.  I love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2012 12:52:26 PM »

Beautiful new additions people, I'm in awe of all the arty love flowing around here  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2012 04:05:32 PM »

The Serenity flag is so pretty, amazing stitching on there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
susanab
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2012 07:07:47 PM »

I've been looking at and loving this gallery since I got home from Santa Fe. Every one of these prayer flags is right to the heart. I'm sorry that I haven't seen them as they've been posted!

PS--Wulf, that's so cool that you've been able to photoshop our flags together.
 Cheesy
I love the shape of the flag that you made, Calluna. Having just gotten back from the southwest, it really reminds me of a buffalo. I love all the textures and I love the sentiment!

I was lucky to get a sneak peek at Leslie’s “Be Still”. Just beautiful—so many different facets and parts to it, coming together for that thought. It’s a treasure.

ShannonMN—It blows my mind that anyone looking at your harmony flag-- it looks like their own feet are stepping into the waters. That is an amazing point of view. And your “Let go” flag is lovely. So light and airy and carefree.

theatreorchid—both sides of this flag are wonderful. You have brought nature to calluna. Love the details on the trees—that looks photographic! And the other side is a prayer of thanks for nature. Beautiful.

So much creativity and care in the four flags that you received, Kookaloo_Starr.
Tanza—so sweet, so thoughtful. That Maya-Starr heart is just beautifully crafted. So is your “Blessed Be”.  Wow.

Abbeeroad—I love the pieced background to your Maya Starr flag, That is exceptional! Your peace flag is also totally awesome.

Great flags, Mandys_Momma! I really like your interpretation of a prayer flag for MaryColleen’s brother and his co-workers. Beautifully done—the station folks will really like that! Great great owl. You did an awesome job sewing that and I love the words here, too!

Wagonswest—that is really really nice. Sun painted with leaves?! Even on screen, those greens are gorgeous. That really speaks harmony—and that you created it in tune with nature is just fantastic.

Wow, Phizzychick, I love the peace flag that you created for Leslie! That appliqué nest is gorgeous.  the whole piece—every part that you selected and crafted, beautiful.

Two really heartfelt peace flags that you received, zuliblu.
I love your embroidery, fabricfriend, and I really like the fish theme. It’s out of the box—not a typical image for the theme. Well done!
And a whole other interpretation from abbeyrd83! That is so fun. I especially love that the sunbather/beachgoer’s back is towards us—makes it eaiser for me to imagine that it’s ME! Nice nice craftin’!

That really is a great flag from, Smmarrt! Again, I love how so many different elements can come together—in a relatively small area—and form such beauty. Very very nice!

Waterbaby—awesome! That is a PRAYER! The colors and the light,, the shape of the hands and how they are positioned—awesome.

RandiMaehym—You are branching out and piecing together fabric! Im with you, waterbaby—it’s an idea I need to remember.

The more the merrier—very nice flag, miknessevie! And another word of wisdom that I can use—ever minute. Very sweet, yes, great color and I like that the focus is on Listen.

What is it about burlap that just sucks me in??
I love this prayer flag by taloola. Burlap seems so rustic and unadorned that the embellishments—especially the word Listen-- you put on it really stand out. Very nice.

I love the two flags that you made, alteredmommy. I love the colors of the Create flag-- the pennant shapes and the zipper pulls. The swirls and adornments. It’s a great invitation to get into the whirlpool of making art.  the Serentity flag is awesome—you are amazing with colors and I especially love the fibers. Beautiful pieces of art.

A2K—I have to read further to see if you rvealed how you did that awesome lettering. I love that verse to pieces and you have done a beautiful rendering of it!

MaryColleen—a WINDCHIME flag??  GO ON! That’ a brilliant idea. Love the prayer!

Tanza—that is crazy beautiful embroidery and I just love the colors that you selected. You have worked that piece to an amazing outcome. Great flag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
sparks
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2012 09:02:57 PM »

ah, finally able to post images of my flags. I absolutely loved this swap (even though I was late in sending one--due to unforeseen circumstances coming up) -- I would love to participate in the next one should it come to be.

These are the flags that I received from rosie1981(left) and theatreorchid (right). Both unique and perfect in their own ways.

rosie1981 hand-dyed the fabric used for the flag and had hand embroidered designs on it. Loved the weathered look that the hand-dying give the flag and the various ways she has chosen to accent the phrasing on it.

theatreorchid blew me away with her flag as the sand and thought behind her choices hit a personal note with me. ( I can only hope that she receives her flag with a similar sentiment as I have with mine)

sparks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaryColleen
Lover of all things crafty

This Princess Rescues Herself!

« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2012 09:34:27 PM »

Mandys_Momma - I'm glad you liked your flag, I still haven't sent the note I left out  Embarrassed but I wanted you to know that the heart is cut out of a paint sample card.  I was really trying to do something to match your request to do a traditional symbol in a different way.

I also wanted to post pictures of my 2 flags hanging at my Brothers Fire Station.  Thanks again Ladies - it really means a lot to me that you both picked a theme close to my heart.  They are a little hard to see because they were taken with a phone but they are there.

MaryColleen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My basement is finally finished - Craft room on one side, Bar on the other side.  Why would I ever want to come back upstairs?

www.wists.com/marycolleen
pinterest.com/mcolleenford
ShannonMN
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2012 01:08:02 AM »

These are the first prayer flags I've ever made. Honestly, I had never heard of them before this swap, but I LOVE the idea. I also think it's really cool how different and unique everyone's flags and prayers are. This has been a truly amazing swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Bunch Reveals Who He Admires Most
George Michelsen Foy Talks About Zero Decibels
Benson Bobrick Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Promise
Charlotte Smith Talks About Dreaming of Dior
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...