A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,973
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: World of Warcraft Rnd 3: s/u thru jul31st sendouts sept 1st  (Read 51574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2012 08:23:16 AM »

I will definitely be making a panda monk just to try it out. I love my druid, but I have to try out everything else. I dropped my DK almost immediately... didn't like that one. I like playing around with my pally and shaman but I still prefer druiding.

In totally other (mildly gross/weird) news, I got a nasty scrape on my leg yesterday, and I swear it looks like the Horde emblem. I won't share a photo (yuck) but it's very weird how exact it is.

In more related news, I'm going to jump head-first into a craft tonight, hoping against all hope that it works. And by jumping in head-first, I guess I really mean "doing a small test area because that's all I have the materials for and if it works I'll get more tomorrow."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2012 09:39:43 AM »

I say try a heal or tank, see how it feels for you. I have a hard time tanking. It took many years to learn how NOT to aggro and when I try and tank I can't keep it. I panic a little and forget often to make sure I have the "bosses" attention.
Most of my alts are dps, I have 2 out of the many (9 or so) characters/alts that heal. One is a priest the other is druid. Toralune is right they were easy to learn along the way, but I just can't play a pally- so I won't. Knowing first hand here too Sylwa, hunter is easy, so is mage. Priest is nerve wracking, knowing your responsible if some one lives or dies. But some people either become humbled or get power hungry. (IE: LFG meanies.)

I'm with Kimbles, I will roll a Panda Monk, and 1 other class, I leveled both a monk and priest through the beta so far and it was fun. But different for both. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toralune
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2012 04:58:36 PM »

Yep, you pretty much have to have a bit of a thick skin in order to tank or heal just because tanks and healers are often the first to get blamed when something goes wrong (tanks probably get the most abuse, but healers are more likely to get kicked since they're seen as more replaceable). It's also really easy to take it a bit personally if someone dies while you're healing so over time you pretty much just learn not to feel bad if it wasn't your fault. And yeah, I'd try out at least one of those two roles if not both. I personally prefer healing, but you might turn out to be more of a tank or dps person. What'll be easy for a beginner though really depends more on the individual than anything. I'd suggest eventually picking a class that can tank or heal for the sake of trying those out (and definitely try tanking/healing a few times before giving up since there can be a bit of a learning curve), but otherwise just pick something that looks interesting and go from there. The first 20 or so levels are pretty easy for just about any class these days and by that point you should have a pretty good idea as to whether or not the class is a good fit.

Still making progress on my crafting, though I had to pick up more supplies after work today since the pattern I was basing one of the projects on apparently had an unfortunate typo when listing supplies needed (should have known though, since there was no way the listed amount could have been nearly enough). Oh well, I think I'm definitely set this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2012 08:56:02 PM »

I've played for a few years, not daily, I go through phases. I have a few toons over a few servers. None higher than 70 something. I have tried a few different classes. I think I like my dk's and hunters the best. I like the hunters because I believe my little green tiger is real with feelings. lol lol I play a lot on my own so it's like having 2 people to me. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2012 10:21:14 PM »

I say try a heal or tank, see how it feels for you. I have a hard time tanking. It took many years to learn how NOT to aggro and when I try and tank I can't keep it. I panic a little and forget often to make sure I have the "bosses" attention.
When I am doing instances, I like it best when my bf is on his rogue so he can tricks to me, which he does without me ever needing to ask. He just knows when it needs to be done. Or when he misdirects on his hunter. Makes it so much easier dealing with aggro monkey dps in dungeons.

I have the opposite problem from you. When I see a stray mob heading for the healer, I'll grab it, even if I am on a toon as squishy as they are. Just habit I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2012 10:24:46 PM »

Yep, you pretty much have to have a bit of a thick skin in order to tank or heal just because tanks and healers are often the first to get blamed when something goes wrong

I always go with "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies it's the tank's fault. If the dps die, it's their own damn fault".

(Unless of course the tank goes haring off when the healer is oom, or other silliness. Or there is unavoidable damage that needs to be healed through. But you know what I mean. Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2012 11:08:02 PM »

wow, y'all! i didn't realize when i asked this question what an amazing conversation i was starting!  Grin i've learned a lot and thought about a few things i hadn't considered...  you guys are awesome! i still have no idea what i'm gonna do with my panda; but i think at some point i'm gonna have to roll a pally just for the sake of curiosity.... 

i've been questing again this evening - i'm at 73% into lvl 83. it's sure gotten a lot slower as the levels get higher... and i tamed a corehound tonight! woot! he's kinda fun but i'm still a traditionalist lol i know i just love em cause that's what i started with but i can't get enough of those raptors! i've got a lot of pets but more raptors than anything else. i've been experimenting a bit with other stuff more often lately (my most recent fave has been a bloodspore moth ~ i've been using it almost exclusively the last several weeks) but i always end up defaulting back to one raptor or another....

how bout y'all, hunters? what are your favorite hunter pets and where'd you find them?
and everybody else - your favorite companions / noncombat pets and where'd you get them?
and while i'm asking... i just topped out my flight speed and i'm daydreaming about a fancy new flying mount. what's cool and how do i go about getting it? i've just got the standard wyvern thingy right now.

my favorite ground mount is a black wolf i got by wearing my orgrimmar tabard in dungeons of course, and i got a kodo the same way from the tauren; i don't like the jerky way they run tho... honestly once i earned him i rode him once and put him away. and i think i've got 3 raptors of course lol... i've got the regular and swift raptors; plus i did the dailies to get the venomhide ravasaur which was a pain in the butt to stick around the crater for sooooo long to get him! so of course once i got him i had to go out and tame a venomhide ravasaur pet that matched. we cut quite the figure when we stroll thru town! (lol not that anybody's lookin but me)

aaand of course i'm jealous because i'd love to have an obnoxious little imp buddy and can't....  Undecided  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2012 11:33:25 PM »

Back before they took away their cool ability, I had a rhino called Steve.

You should get a baby ravasaur non-combat pet too Smiley

I think my fave mounts are my pink proto-drake and my rusty proto-drake just because they were so damn hard to get. Though the nicest looking mounts I have are actually the bought ones.

I have sooo many non-combat pets. One of the cutest that is easy to get is Withers. It's a little ent and he shrinks as he dries out, and then grows again when you take him in water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toralune
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2012 05:00:40 AM »

I always go with "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies it's the tank's fault. If the dps die, it's their own damn fault".

(Unless of course the tank goes haring off when the healer is oom, or other silliness. Or there is unavoidable damage that needs to be healed through. But you know what I mean. Smiley )

Heh, yeah, I agree with the quote in theory, but I've definitely learned that there are so many exceptions that it's only a general rule. I've had a lot of tanks die on me because of something they or the dps did (in cata that usually involves pulling too many adds without any cc, or forgetting to use a cd on deathwing's insta-kill moves Tongue), and sometimes it's very much the fault of either the tank or the healer when the dps die, but there is some truth to that statement as long as you're not following it too closely. And yeah, I really wish dps would learn to stop blaming us healers when they can't figure out that fire = hot. Tongue

how bout y'all, hunters? what are your favorite hunter pets and where'd you find them?
and everybody else - your favorite companions / noncombat pets and where'd you get them?
and while i'm asking... i just topped out my flight speed and i'm daydreaming about a fancy new flying mount. what's cool and how do i go about getting it? i've just got the standard wyvern thingy right now.

Hmm, my favorite hunter pets are probably my draenei's devilsaur (that blackish-with-whiteish-spots one from Un'Goro), nightsaber kitty (first pet and all) and Skoll, and my blood elf's favorite pet: Ed the hyena. Tongue I also used to love my corehound I tamed from bwl (or whatever the abbreviation is), but that was before blizzard prevented pets from showing as boss level. It was cool having a "boss level" pet while it lasted though.

Not sure on my favorite companion pets since I have a ton (144 on my main so far plus a couple others on alts). I love the moonkin hatchling from the blizzard store, also the balloons for some reason, the darkmoon zeppelin (from Darkmoon Faire of course), the Phoenix hatchling (the sunwell 5-man whatever it's called), and the Teldrassil Sproutling (Night Elf Argent Tournament pet, and goes perfectly with the old druid tree form). Also the Deweaponized Mechanical Companion for my rogue (engineering pet).

I don't have too many awesome flying mounts so I can't say much on those. Aeonaxx is awesome, but that comes from a rare spawn in Deepholm so your luck will vary on that one. I also kinda love the Frostbrood Vanquisher mounts, but those would involve finding a group that wants to run a bunch of ICC so not exactly easy to get unless you luck out in that area (I lucked out and had a guildy who wanted Frostmourne and got us all the achieves while she was at it). There are also several reputation flying mounts that are pretty cool, such as all the proto drakes in Northrend or the Nether Rays from the Shatari Skyguard in Outland. Or there are the Netherwing Drakes (also from Outland) if you really want to put your time into it. Also, of course, the Time Lost Proto Drake in Storm Peaks, but most people spend months and/or years camping that thing before getting it so again it's very luck-based. Beyond that, a lot of mounts from random instance or raid drops or from a lot of the heroic (Wrath and Cata) and raid meta achieves (the ones where you do a bunch of achievements to make one awesome achievement). There's also the Headless Horseman's mount, of course, which drops from the Hallow's End boss (though you'll have to be willing to level quickly once MoP hits if you want maximum shots at it this year).

Also, of course, there are Trading Card Game mounts or mounts off the official blizzard store, but that's only if you want to spend money for a mount. Oh yeah, you can also get flying mounts if you either successfully send a Scroll of Resurrection to someone (specifically a player who's been unsubscribed for a while) or if you refer a friend who buys the full game and pays for at least either 3 or 6 months (the official site should explain how to do this if you know someone who might want to join WoW).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2012 01:49:34 PM »

also, gals, i woke up this morning and realized we're running out of time!!!  Shocked  it looks like we've all chosen to do a slightly larger swap (seems most everybody's aiming for 5~6+ points). who's in favor of extending craft time? if we tack on a nice even 10 days that puts our ship date on sept 1st ~ which conveniently happens to be a saturday. y'all game?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...