A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,737
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pink and purple pride outfit!! (complete with the marvelous WIG!)  (Read 22890 times)
Tags for this thread: wig , dye , crinoline  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 28, 2005 01:26:21 AM »

here's my entry.... i'm so excited about it!

the wig is made of variegated wool sewn onto lingerie elastic that created a form once it was on my head. i love how crimped it looks. it's really comfy, but seeing as it's 98% wool, it's probably gonna be really hot to wear!

the outfit consists of the wig, a dyed slip for a top (i could have made it fancier, but i didn't think the outfit really needed anything else! i left it long so that it can be worn by itself too.), a mini skirt, and a polkadot petticoat. i think the slip would look really cute layered with a black slip to wear as a dress, and the petticoat would be cute over pants, or under a circle skirt.

i think i like this outfit better without the skirt though. the petticoat is 7 and a half yards around the bottom ruffle, it took forever to gather!

i never ever wear colours like this, but i wear a lot of pink accessories, like the hair clips, necklace, earring, fishnets and false eyelashes, so they fit perfectly! and i dyed the purple knee highs specifically for this outfit, to wear under the fishnets. i think i'm going to wear it for the pride parade, once i get some pink shoes. i've never had my pride outfit ready this far in advance before! 

and as for what i used......

the most wonderful wool. it came in a big bag of 5 skiens, with 3 skiens of purple cotton. i used about a skien and a half of the multicoloured wool, and less than one skien of the purple. so now i have lots left over to crochet with!
$3.00

a big sheer polka ikea curtain that i got for really cheap since it had a few stains. nothing that purple dye couldn't fix! and it dyed so nicely, the polka dots are so bright. i still have more than half left, i might dye it red or bright pink.
$2.50

a punjabi suit, probably a men's, considering the fabric, despite the colour. women's suits are usually silkier. i only ended up using the bottom, and i like the outfit better without the skirt i made of it!
$2.50

and

a slip dyed purple as well. i forgot to take a picture, but it was just a regular white slip.
$1.50

$9.50 total!

which is pretty good for a wig, dress/top, skirt and a petticoat. not to mention all of the leftovers!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008 09:20:40 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
carina
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005 02:35:30 AM »

You've been busy, but you've done fine!!!
It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
decibel
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005 02:46:19 AM »

Oh boy!

Is that the prettiest Pride ensemble I've ever seen, or what? Yes it is. Well, it is certainly up there on my top 5. Cheesy
I'm especially loving the wig.

You should visit Stockholm in August and show off that beautimous outfit a second time.

Have fun Pridin'!!
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005 07:17:02 AM »

Now that is what I'm talkin about! That is the coolest wig ever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005 09:45:48 AM »

oh that's so fab. *sniffle* another reminder that I had to miss the pride parade this year....Oh well, at least you'll look too fab at yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
LiquidScissors

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005 12:48:25 PM »

wow you should post some kind of tutorial for that wig, it is so cute!!  I have so much yarn going to waste, that could be wig-ified.
Great job!
-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
strangey
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005 02:33:55 PM »

cute!  Smiley Reminds me of Betsey Johnson, sorta. Really great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005 05:10:56 PM »

AAAH! I love it. Its freakin adorable. I was hoping you'd enter because I knew you'd make something fabulous Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005 05:46:34 PM »

wow that is amazing! I am so impressed with your dying the fabrics! They look fabulous! I want to dye some things but am afraid to do it! I alwayxs worry about screwing it up! I love the colour combo you did too and the wig well I just can't believe you put all of this together for under ten bucks!  I think your wig is quite a unique accessory to your outfit!
I once made a raggedy anne wig with red yarn like yours but the colors of the yarn you used are so vibrant and really really work together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arksiel
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005 05:52:07 PM »

this is awesome! the wig reminds me of the rainbow brite wig my mom made me out of yarn when I was three. hehe my mom was so proud of that wig because most people screwed it up and she got tons of compliments!

great job, this is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Beach or Snow Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Backlight Scenes
How to Take a Basic Picture Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set Up the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Basic Pictures
How to Light with a Super Wide Angle Lens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...