A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Swap Round 5 (SIGNUP 7/13/12-7/25/12 ; MAIL BY 8/25/12)  (Read 11043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Momof2!
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012 04:21:28 PM »

I had never even heard of Bento until this swap. I looked it up a bit and I'm interested. I will definitely be stalking the gallery. I'm still not totally sure what makes something Bento vs a regular packed lunch. I am planning on packing my kid's lunch some this year. $80 a month for school lunch for 2 kids seems a bit steep to me. Not to mention, it's mostly junk. This is my little one's first year of school. My 13 year old I have packed her lunch about 10% of the time. I just can't ever think of what to pack. Reading about Bento on various sites, I have gotten some ideas Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012 11:27:01 PM »

My partner just mailed out, and I've yet to even begin shopping *sigh*. Tomorrow I'm exploring the shops around town.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012 06:37:38 AM »

I have a smaller project to finish today and I could possibly mail my package tomorrow. I may hold out until Monday in case I decide this weekend to pick up a few more extras!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012 02:14:28 PM »

I had never even heard of Bento until this swap. I looked it up a bit and I'm interested. I will definitely be stalking the gallery. I'm still not totally sure what makes something Bento vs a regular packed lunch. I am planning on packing my kid's lunch some this year. $80 a month for school lunch for 2 kids seems a bit steep to me. Not to mention, it's mostly junk. This is my little one's first year of school. My 13 year old I have packed her lunch about 10% of the time. I just can't ever think of what to pack. Reading about Bento on various sites, I have gotten some ideas Cheesy
There are many different styles! Frankly, I'm not sure if there is an actual "this is bento, this is not" line in the sand.

I got my store bought bento items today. I love that store, but it's on the opposite side of town from where I live. However, had to drop my sister off at the airport today  Embarrassed but it meant I got to go to Tokyo Discount Outlet!  Cheesy
I have a smaller project to finish today and I could possibly mail my package tomorrow. I may hold out until Monday in case I decide this weekend to pick up a few more extras!

Cool, cool! I just got my shopping done this morning for you both! I have to do some finishing touches on something for arcadian green then take pictures, pack up and ship out! I hope to have them in the mail by Monday at the latest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012 10:46:39 PM »

Interesting note: World Market has Bento boxes and small Tiffin boxes right now. Tiffin boxes are 9.99 I think, but the 2-layer (one with divided compartment) Bento box with holder in the lid with chopsticks and spoon is only $4.99. And I found one store, Asian World, in my town that actually carried a few Bento boxes and supplies. Not many, but I'd stopped at 2 other large popular stores in town, and called others, and everybody else referred me to look online.
Well: Many cities have World Markets. Not sure but I think Asian World is Spokane Washington specific.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2012 06:55:25 AM »

Good to know. Thanks for the tips, Eclectic Dreamer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012 04:59:50 PM »

Yay! the Shipment from __________ came while I was in California :DDDD Now to do some crafty awesomeness and SEND OUT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012 07:17:25 AM »

I'll be heading to the Post Office today to send out my package. Didn't get to spend to much time looking for extras yesterday since my son had a meltdown in the store. Maybe one day he'll appreciate shopping more!  Smiley 

I also received my package and will be posting to the Gallery soon! I loved everything I got!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012 07:06:30 PM »

I received from mom2em today! Will get pics & post later tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

winter83
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012 08:13:23 PM »

Hey everyone just checking in. I'm on track to send out by the 25th. I've just been busy and forgot to check in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Bangs
How to Curl Hair with Hair Straightener Iron
What Hair Extensions to Choose
How to Flatten Hair
How to Achieve Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...