A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R8 - The Wordy Round Gallery  (Read 33276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2012 05:31:00 AM »

Retrouvaille, gorgeous!
What is that watercolor effect on the kissy-couple? LOVE IT!

Shaun of the Dead...YAY!!!!
One of my fave lines from that movie. I just got inspired to have my 3yr old son be some kind of Simon Pegg for Halloween...heh heh.

I love all the hoops that have shown up so far, there are just so many talented people...not enough wall space IN THE WORLD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2012 06:12:08 AM »

Shaun of the Dead...YAY!!!!
One of my fave lines from that movie. I just got inspired to have my 3yr old son be some kind of Simon Pegg for Halloween...heh heh.

go stalk lanikins ~ she did a shaun costume for her son that is sooo simple but SO CUTE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2012 10:21:42 AM »

So many awesome hoops already!! I love the Shawn of the Dead one and the monogram H is so bold- amazing! I can't wait to see what's next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2012 12:52:22 PM »

Hey birdak, i am soglad you liked it! This was actually my second attempt at a hoop for you,so i was really happy that it turned out and i am super happy that you likedit! My first attempt was the quote from hot fuzz. "Shit just got real!" But it wentvery wrong part of the w a y through, so iwent back to more research,aka, watching shaun of the dead and this is what i came up with...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2012 05:43:57 PM »

Retrouvaille, gorgeous!
What is that watercolor effect on the kissy-couple? LOVE IT!

It is watercolour on calico - I traced the design on, used watercolour pencils so I just had to use a little bit of water on the tip of the pencil and then brushed it on, then embroidered around it to hide any of the leaks (there wasn't as many as I expected because I only used really minimal water). I think I might use this more often Cheesy

I have some catching up to do!!
silentblair - great picard with all those tiny french knots (I envy anyone that can do them and do so many in an organised way -  mine are pants). How sneaky are those little heads peeking over the line on the DFTBA hoop!! Glow in the dark - I am in love,
Megzy818 - those button spiders are so cute - which makes it funnier as Ron is petrified of them!
ilovemybrachiosauru s - love the different stitching and floss - and you got to say b**th twice - huzzah
Fancybutch - love the colour gradation in that petrichor hoop - such gorgeous blues
Birdak - nice Canadian hoop - love the geometry in the stitching
Queenofmarigold - awesome job on the crayon tinting and craftiness in covering the hoop with more words!
Celtic Goddess - Such neat stitching on the OUAT - beautiful and the design around your runes is also gorgeous,
beccas_song - love that thought bubble and designs on your imagination hoop - very pretty (and Albert Einstein knew his stuff) and mlookyloo's dad is going to love his hoop I am sure,
Tarmine626 - dustbunnies - hehe - all those french knots - much envy,
Mezcraft - I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost to bits - the detail in the portraiture is phenomenal! Looks just like them
Cindy - Love the H
indigo_roses - I don't know how you got your text so neat as I couldn't on mine but I am super jealous!!

Pheew I think I am all caught up - this is the most amazing gallery - keep em coming!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
birdak
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2012 08:15:36 PM »

Oh man! I would've loved that too! Now I'm wistful over what might have been. Good thing I love the Shaun of the Dead one too much to bear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist: wists.com/birdak
my Pins: pinterest.com/katmada
my Tweets: twitter.com/katmada
my Tumblrs: katadamsdesign.tumb lr.com
                   catatoms.tumblr.com
                   thefaithfulta.tumbl r.com
                   shitkatlikes.tumblr .com
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2012 08:15:50 AM »

And here are the awesome 2 hoops I recieved! The Gryfendor one is from indigo_rose and the believe cross stitch is from homerof2. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get the pictures up. There's been a lot going on in real life, well and it took forever to figure out my camera and reduce the size of the pictures so that I could post them on here. The hoops that I have made will be going out Tuesday! I hope you guys like them!

Thank you again!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012 08:17:46 AM by Pixiefirefly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spidersweb
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2012 06:59:09 AM »

Ooh, those are lovely!  I'm sending out today (using the self-service kiosk, though it won't leave until Tuesday am).  I can't wait to see what hoops are still to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
likls
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2012 01:07:05 PM »

I think I may have fallen in love with that H. And I don't have an H in my name.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2012 08:28:58 PM »

I think I may have fallen in love with that H. And I don't have an H in my name.  Grin

Cheesy  I don't know if I've ever stressed over a hoop as much as I did the H - it seemed so plain and simple and I was concerned about sending it.  It's nice to hear that other people actually like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Brittany Balyn
Back-to-School Saturday Haul With Shannon Barker
Jeanius - Jane Herman Bishop on Her Favorite Jeans
How to Wear Pajama Dressing
Voguepedia - Gwen Stefani and Punk
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...