A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R8 - The Wordy Round (Signups CLOSED, Sendout Sept 4th)  (Read 45846 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2012 01:20:24 AM »

Got fabric. Went through some start-of-work hassle. Ruined fabric. Restarting tonight. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2012 05:09:00 AM »

Got fabric. Went through some start-of-work hassle. Ruined fabric. Restarting tonight. Roll Eyes

Ruined fabric? so sorry Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hugarobot
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2012 06:31:55 AM »

MY HOOP FROM ERICA_TATTOOS CAME YESTERDAY!! I had company over when I opened it (she was totally jealous AND asked if I can teach her to embroider. ...one of us, one of us!!) and today I have to work for what seems like forever, so I might not get to post pics until my day off but that is tomorrow so it's not so bad.

But I love it! It's awesome, just like all the work she does and I cannot WAIT to post it and brag  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2012 07:55:47 AM »

Ruined fabric? so sorry Sad

Well it was only like a square foot. And I bought about a square yard or something (2 square yards perhaps? can't remember if it was double) and it's a simple fabric, so I'm good. It's just this particular setup hassle that has me a bit annoyed. I sprayglued my tomatoes once already, and I'm bound to do it again now that I have to repeat it Cheesy But don't tell Amir. I'm sure they're fine to eat. >_> With a lovely protective coating of spray glue, to keep the fruitflies from getting anywhere... It's like the opposite of a deterrent. Make sure they stay on the plant once they're there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
erica_tattoos
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2012 09:28:00 AM »

I sprayglued my tomatoes once already, and I'm bound to do it again now that I have to repeat it Cheesy But don't tell Amir. I'm sure they're fine to eat. >_> With a lovely protective coating of spray glue, to keep the fruitflies from getting anywhere... It's like the opposite of a deterrent. Make sure they stay on the plant once they're there.

lolz. much more attractive than flystrips. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovemybrachiosaurus
If it weren't for dino's, what would we look up to?

Reading, Oboing, and Sewing make up my life!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2012 09:46:25 AM »

Almost finished with my first hoop for deathbeforedishes, then on to my other one! These are so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. -Louisa May Alcott

pinterest.com/libraryoboist
ilovemybrachiosaurus.blogspot.com

My Children's Library Blog!
mrlkids.blogspot.com
celticgoddess

Extinction is forever

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2012 10:39:00 AM »

Still here and still working! My second hoop is turning out awesome. I was a little worried about the lettering, but it's very very cool looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was on the moon at the time.....with Steve.

http://www.wists.com/celticgoddess

http://pinterest.com/lovezombie/
Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2012 10:56:46 AM »

Just about half way finished with the lettering for Averia's hoop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2012 12:12:59 PM »

I imagine that if I'd use as many flystrips as the space the tomato takes up it would be rather terrifying. Imagine all the night bugs you'd catch, it'd look like a horror movie out there.

My second attempt at setup went well! Glue everywhere, though not in a way that would bother my piece. And there are these stripes that I'm going to claim are intentional. Because they could be, you know. And with the lights off you can barely see them anyway.

I'm going to start working on it properly (you know.. with thread) tomorrow or during the weekend, because I had to spend this evening setting up a tekkit server, which was new to me. Cheesy It's probably quite quick once you stop being overly paranoid. (technically it wasn't MY computer I was messing with, and gods know what I might break!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMN
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2012 06:46:13 PM »

Just checking in. I can't believe we have hoops shipped already. I know what I'm going to do and I think I'll have enough in my stash to pull it off, although I need to buy a hoop. Smiley

My family is coming in to town today and we have a busy weekend planned so I'll begin crafting on Tuesday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The “Sock-Bun” Hair Fake-Out
Transform Your Face Shape with the Right Blowout
How to Keep Your Hair Color from Fading
Prive Salon Shows You How to Take a Pretty Braid from Day to Night
How to Get a Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...