Embroidery Hoopla Round 8 – The Wordy RoundNow is the time to think about your favourite quotes, phrases, words, monograms and letters because this round of Hoopla is all about stitching fancy fonts for your fabulous partners. Let's make this a great round! Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411403.0
- Please only send your completed hoop. No extras.
- There are no hoop size requirements for this round
- Piece can be embroidered or cross-stitched.
- You may opt to have 2 partners. See notes below for more info.*
- Posting to the discussion thread or PM’ing organizers is required at least every 2 weeks.
- Have fun!!
Swap name: Embroidery Hoopla Round 8 – The Wordy Round
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: mezcraft
Sign-up date range: July 14th – July 29th, 2012
Date to send item by: September 4th, 2012
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):No limit. Thank you Homerof2 and canamharris , for offering to co-organize.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?N/A
Additional Age requirement? NoSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Embroidery Hoopla Round 8 –The Wordy Round
Your real name
Mailing address including the country (as would need to appear for mailing)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (cats, smoke, etc)?
Do you embroider, cross-stitch or both?
Would you like to receive embroidery, cross-stitch or either?
What general themes do you like (vintage, modern, cutesy, country, kitsch, etc)?
Are there any themes that you really don’t like?
Colors you’d like to receive?
Colors you’d prefer not to receive?
Can you list at least 10 - phrases, words or letters you might like to see on a hoop?
Are there any particular font styles that you love? (ie, Carnival fonts, medieval fonts, Calligraphy, Times new Roman, Artistic fonts like flamingos in the shape of letters?)
Is there any language you are uncomfortable with having on your hoop ( ie. curse words, offensive stuff?)
Would you like 1 partner or 2?
Do you have specific ideas or inspirations that would help your partner personalize your piece (Pinterest, Wists, Etsy Favorites, Flickr, etc)?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?
Send your completed questionnaire to your organizer. That would be me, mezcraft. Also please remember to post in the discussion thread in order to be a participant in the swap!
*Selecting Two Partners
If you opt for having two partners then you will be paired up twice. This will require that you communicate, craft for and send a hoop to two different partners. See the example below...
Person A - 2 partners
Person B - 1 partner
Person C - 1 partner
Person D - 1 partner
Person E - 1 partner
Person A <> Person B
Person A <> Person C
Person D <> Person E
Sending, Receiving, and Feedback
SENDING: Take pictures of your items before you send. When sending, you must use a DC# (or for overseas keep that receipt). Keep your receipt until your partner receives.
PM organizer, co-organizers and partner when you send.
RECEIVING: PM organizer, co-organizers and partner when you receive. Take pictures of received items. (Please take quality pictures, like ones you would take of your work.) Post pictures in gallery in a timely manner.
FEEDBACK: Given when a package is received (verified through PM or DC#) I will be keeping track of what has been received by gallery pictures (This is why it is important for you to take pictures of your items, just in case your partner does not) *Please PM if there is difficulty with pictures.*
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE,remember to send your info TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
7) indigo_roses NH822
38) thenorm02Resources for stitching and lettering: How to's on stitching lettering: http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/10/hand-embroidery-lettering-and-text.htmlCross stitch alphabets: http://www.freepatternsonline.com/xscharts/alphabets.htmFree fonts: http://www.dafont.com/All sorts of embroidery stitches: http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.htmlgreat site for monograms: http://www.dailydropcap.com/see-everything