A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper Dollhouse Furniture (Free Pattern and Picture Heavy)  (Read 4470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

microjivvy
« on: July 12, 2012 02:09:33 AM »

I didn't start out to make paper dollhouse furniture. I was just working on a paper craft project and needed a wee little chair.

So I made this:

Then I thought, if I make this project a free download, it's going to be hard to explain the fold pattern on that wee little chair.  Maybe I can make a bigger one -- just to explain how it's folded.

And I made this:

And then I thought, that's fairly stable for a paper chair... if I make it a little bit bigger, it's a pretty nice (and cheap!) 1:12 scale dollhouse chair...

And I made this:

I call it the Burton Collection. Wink

Then I thought, with the basic pattern done, it would be easy to make different collections of paper dollhouse furniture ...

Over the next bit, I'll be posting the folding instructions for the individual pieces of furniture and a blank pattern for each piece. The blank pattern pieces will be suitable for printing on colored paper or for printing on white paper and hand coloring.

Once all of the instructions are done, I'll upload the printouts for the Burton Collection...

I've finished the instuctrions and template for the first chair.

This is the chair that started it all. It's also the easiest to one to fold... or maybe I just think that because I've folded about a gazillion of them. There are two files to download: the template and the instructions.

While I originally intended to offer these in 1:12 scale, I did get curious as to how small this pattern could go and still look respectable.

So, 1:96.  The download file includes a template for each of the four sizes.

And yes, I did do a 1:144 chair, but... it looked a little goofy. Some minor modifications might correct the goofiness, but that's work for another day (so a 1:144 is not included in this file).

Download Paper Chair #1 Template
Click the image to the left to download the dollhouse chair template. The template is a PDF file and requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any other PDF reader).

This one file contains the template for all four scales of the dollhouse chair pictured above: 1:12, 1:24, 1:48, and 1:96.

This file does not contain the folding/assembling instructions -- those are in the next file which you also need to download.

Download Paper Chair #1 Folding/Assembling Instructions

Click the image to download the chair folding and assembling instructions. The template is a PDF file and requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any other PDF reader).

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012 01:19:54 PM by microjivvy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012 02:40:58 AM »

Wow, thant you so much for the template and folding instructions, They look brilliant, and the range of sizes mean I can make them for all my god-daughter's dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
javaannie

Love is in the details.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012 09:41:55 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Microjivvy! I downloaded both files but they are the same thing, the template, no instructions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Javaannie
www.facebook.com/kateandeugene
www.kateandeugene.etsy.com
With enough caffeine, I could rule the world.
microjivvy
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012 01:21:18 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Microjivvy! I downloaded both files but they are the same thing, the template, no instructions?

I must've been thinking about something else when I posted both here and on my blog -- I did the opposite on my blog post (two sets of instructions, no template).  Cheesy

I just fixed it... I think. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicing It Up: Tiger Jambalaya
Doritos Locos Tacos Sales Pass $1 Billion
How to Make Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza
How to Cook Chicken and Dumplings
Discover 5 Breakfast Casseroles
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...