A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3/4 circle skirt with lots of embroidered flowers  (Read 1680 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2012 , skirt , flower  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

p.kok
« on: July 11, 2012 01:49:24 PM »

I had my embroidery/sewing machine for a bit more than half a year now and I only embroidered some of my very poorly digitized own designs and was never really happy with the results. So I also never bought any designs because I wasn't sure I would like the result and that it would be worth the money and time. But now Urban Threads is giving away this awesome designs of "painted flowers" and I had to try again. I wanted to try and make something wearable, so I sewed a 3/4 circle skirt. Which has a very very long hem, but I still decided to embroider flowers all around it:)

So I had to embroider 18 of them, each took around 10 minutes just for the sewing, but add the stabilizing and putting the fabric in hoops, changing the colours ( I used around 10 different ones, around 4 per flower), changing the broken needles (4 Smiley)...

But enough with my rambling on to the pictures:) (which are not that good, sorry:))

Here is the front side (I'm not showing you the back, because my zipper inserting skills are very bad)

and 4 of my favourite flowers

and that's how it looks on me

I'm not really sure if it's age appropriate (it kinda looks like a skirt for little girls), but I'm gonna wear it any way. And I'm also gonna buy more designs, now that I know that it really pays off:))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012 07:16:34 PM »

Love it, and as someone closer to 30 than little girl would totally wear it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
marypoppins

Duct Tape Rules!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012 10:32:12 AM »

I love it!  It looks so pretty and I would totally wear it (and I am on the wrong side of 40!).

Urban Threads is a wonderful place.  Every month they have another freebie and they run sales all the time.  Their designs always stitch out nicely and they are very quick to respond if you ever have a question about a design.  I once bought a design in the wrong size for my machine and they exchanged it for the right size. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't call it trash...I can make something with it!!!
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012 02:34:03 PM »

So pretty! If you ever get tired of it as a skirt you can make hoops out of them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amarok
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012 10:54:10 PM »

this is awesome, and totally propriate! (can you say that? Grin) love the way this looks, makes me wanna do one too!!

yeah, i'm lucky my machine came with an enormous pile of embroideries, some of which were even OK (omg what would i do with an ugly embroidery of two cartoon children holding hands..) so i knew where my machine could go and was never discouraged from making my own embroideries. and the right materials are also the key in this line of work. it's awesome that you found UT, i know you will be happy - i've been extatic! i just did this the other day http://www.urbanthreads.com/products.aspx?productid=UT5111 on the back of a black jacket. my stomach twinches a bit everytime i wear that jacket to school, thinking how jealous people must be! <3 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
p.kok
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012 06:58:49 AM »

I love UT, but currently don`t really have money to buy designs. My machine also came with a dozen of designs, but they are all farm themed(imagine tractors, chickens, cows, barns... Cheesy). I always download the UT freebies and try those out.Smiley I can`t wait to have a job again, and money for designs:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013 10:19:25 AM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2012 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2012 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Milano Cookies Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Jean Jacket Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Pencil Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Wall Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...