A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 80
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days Of Halloween Mini swap Round 4 (SU-July 10-25; SO Sept 30/12)  (Read 73626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sederick

"Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now doughnuts!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012 12:40:23 PM »

It works like this Smiley
Your first item is a box or bag that all the other items fit into. Like a trick or treat bag.
Then you have 12 more items, all wrapped.
11 of them are small items and one of them is like a bag of candy
So for the thirteen days before Halloween you get an item of pure joy each day starting with the bag or box
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kapow. Totally logical and irrefutable rebuttal to your possible doubts.
Deviantart http://sederick.deviantart.com/
Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrixiesTrash
Pinterest http://pinterest.com/sederick/
tiffi_333
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012 05:03:50 PM »

Ive sent my questionnaire in and cant wait to get started Smiley Im going to work on a halloween themed board on my pinterest to help my future partner out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparks
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012 07:47:43 PM »

Was intrigued by the 13 days of Halloween swap but couldn't commit to such a large swap with my household's schedule around that time of year, but this will be perfect. I am going to fill out my questionaire right now and start a halloween board for inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012 09:25:58 PM »

Okay I hope this answers all the questions out there. Day 1 (October 19) is some kind of a crafted container. (example: tick or treat bag, box, any type of decorated Halloween Themed container). Days 2-11 are small crafted items. And Day 13 (oct 31st. Is a bag of candy or goodies that your parnter likes. )/ It is hard to stay in the Realm of smalls for all of the days. I just say have fun crafting for your partner according to their likes.

p.s. the bag or container is to place all your crafted goods for your parnter into. I suggest that you wrap each day and lable each package with the correct day (example. Day, 2 Oct 20, Day 3 Oct 21, etc....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012 04:23:46 AM »

Okay I hope this answers all the questions out there. Day 1 (October 19) is some kind of a crafted container. (example: tick or treat bag, box, any type of decorated Halloween Themed container). Days 2-11 are small crafted items. And Day 13 (oct 31st. Is a bag of candy or goodies that your parnter likes. )/ It is hard to stay in the Realm of smalls for all of the days. I just say have fun crafting for your partner according to their likes.

p.s. the bag or container is to place all your crafted goods for your parnter into. I suggest that you wrap each day and lable each package with the correct day (example. Day, 2 Oct 20, Day 3 Oct 21, etc....
Hey purple, the first day is day 13 and the treat has always been on that day per the swap requirements. It has always been a count down to the final day and I believe this is what is stated on page one too. I just want to make sure that this has not changed as it looks like the previous swap was copied over with the same requirements.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momof2!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012 05:01:58 AM »

Makes sense to me that the goody would be one of the first (or at least second) package to be opened. Especially if it is something that you make. Halloween cookies sitting in a package for 2 extra weeks probably wouldn't taste so good Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012 06:32:52 AM »

Got it!  I was looking at the galleries with so many "big" (as in size) items, and thinking:  How in the heck am I going to make something "big" enough to hold all those things...
LOL!  I forgot that the criteria for the swap is "small" when I was looking at the galleries.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012 08:52:41 AM »

i dont think it really matters which day you choose to give the candy on since all the days have the same size requirements. obviously if it's something that can go bad and no the typical candy bar then maybe they should open it first. i think purple was just trying to be clear about what the days require because there was some confusion about whether you give one piece of candy on each day or just one specific day.

dewshinesdopp you could always get a tote bag and decorate it if you're worried about actually making a bag big enough. Im sure if a couple days dont fit into the bag or container it wouldnt be a big deal. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012 09:32:29 AM »

Not to cause even MORE confusion LOL, last year my partner sweetyetevil crafted a container that was full of treats for the first day but it didn't hold all the other crafts.  Those were wrapped separately and labeled according to the dates they were to be opened.  I can't remember exactly what I did but I know that the container didn't hold everything I sent.  We also agreed to open our goodies starting on 10/01 so that we could actually use the goodies rather than opening them then packing them right up! 

I think the best thing to do is to discuss these things with your partner so that you are both on the same page....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012 09:48:39 AM »

Hey purple, the first day is day 13 and the treat has always been on that day per the swap requirements. It has always been a count down to the final day and I believe this is what is stated on page one too. I just want to make sure that this has not changed as it looks like the previous swap was copied over with the same requirements.

Thanks!
Hi,  I have done this swap for the past 2 years. And co-organized last year, I know that some groups decided to open early and that is okay it is up to you and your partner. I know that some peoples work schedules, travel etc... sometimes conflict with the days. Day 1 is October 19th And this item is supposed to be a container of some kind to hold your goodies that you have crafted for your partner. With the final day being Oct 31 Day (13). A treat or treats of some sort. Sorry for the confustion. Im sure whatever you and your partner agree to do will be A.o.k. with me.
I hope I have not confused you any further. Please feel free to contact me anytime for clarification.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012 09:52:41 AM by PurplePaisley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 80 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Gift Card Holder Pouch
How to Craft a Holiday Wreath with Coffee Filters
How to Make a Glittered Pinecone Gift Topper
How to Make Graham Cracker Gingerbread Cottages
How to Make a Holiday Photo Card Ornament
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...