A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days Of Halloween Mini swap Round 4 (SU-July 10-25; SO Sept 30/12)  (Read 71780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seabound23
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012 06:41:37 AM »

Tempting....even though I'm already signed up for the bigger one....I may have to tackle this one as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012 07:38:02 AM »

Tempting....even though I'm already signed up for the bigger one....I may have to tackle this one as well.

Me too!! I've never done the small one before, so it may be interesting!!!  I have to get a spot open though.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Anubisheart

Lost in Zombieland

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012 07:52:39 AM »

sent in my questionnaire last night, just couldn't say no to the Halloween goodness! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/AnubisCreations
Check out my Blog!
http://anubiscreations.blogspot.com/
Moriwen
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012 08:24:08 AM »

I think I might be able to finangle this sized swap, the bigger one was awfully intimidating. Lemme check my schedule and see if it's feasible! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Superhero Swap -Feedback time. ^.^

I do personal swaps!

Unseelie Sidhe with a penchant for rainbows and sparkles.

I <3<3 The Doctor
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012 09:18:54 AM »

So, I'm a little confused.  The swap requirements say, "13 items are required", but then that "one item a day will be candy, or a candy related item."  That sounds like all thirteen items would be met by filling a bag (required for the first day) with one piece of candy each day.   Hmmm.

But that doesn't sound right.

Because the swap also says that we need to send 6 to 7 crafted items.

So it must be that we're required to give at least one piece of candy a day, and then double up 6 or 7 of the days with a crafted item...

Which totals not 13 required items, but 19 or 20 (13 pieces candy, 6 to 7 crafted items, and a crafted bag).

Also, does the "mini" in the swap title mean tiny, like under 4x4 inches?  Or is it referencing "small" as in the crafting points system?  Or is the term being used simply as comparing the "mini swap" to the larger 13 days Halloween swap?

Ooom...I'm a noobie to this particular swap, so maybe someone can enlighten me.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012 09:32:25 AM »

So, I'm a little confused.  The swap requirements say, "13 items are required", but then that "one item a day will be candy, or a candy related item."  That sounds like all thirteen items would be met by filling a bag (required for the first day) with one piece of candy each day.   Hmmm.

But that doesn't sound right.

Because the swap also says that we need to send 6 to 7 crafted items.

So it must be that we're required to give at least one piece of candy a day, and then double up 6 or 7 of the days with a crafted item...

Which totals not 13 required items, but 19 or 20 (13 pieces candy, 6 to 7 crafted items, and a crafted bag).

Also, does the "mini" in the swap title mean tiny, like under 4x4 inches?  Or is it referencing "small" as in the crafting points system?  Or is the term being used simply as comparing the "mini swap" to the larger 13 days Halloween swap?

Ooom...I'm a noobie to this particular swap, so maybe someone can enlighten me.   Smiley

For the candy a bag of treats is usually send depending on the likes of your partner. For example a bag of hershey candies in a decorated container. You would not want to send one piece of candy as it does need to be equivilant of a small per the point system. Day one is usually the treat day, not one a day.
Smalls mean in terms of the crafting point system. Depending on your partner this can vary as my previous experience I found it difficult to stay within the small item realm and I know my partners did too. I would check on the previous galleries to check out all of the goodies that were swapped. I think I saw more mediums than smalls but again the requirements are only a small. This could be discussed with your partner. Grin
Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012 09:33:39 AM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012 10:15:30 AM »

Oh yes!  13 (mostly crafted) Halloween items is much more within my reach than 91 (mostly crafted) items.  I really wanted to do the other one, but knew that DH would be very disgruntled with that amount of postage!

Bookmarked, and working on questionnaire so that I can beg the hubster to say "okay". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012 10:48:24 AM »

I missed every single Halloween swap last year because of my surgery. So I am definitely interested in this. I think I'll work on the questionnaire and be back to sign up. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012 11:28:32 AM »

Umm... it says that the first item needs to be a container to hold the other items...does that mean that there is a size (as in dimensions) requirement, or is it feasible that items could be bigger than the container?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012 12:31:13 PM »

Umm... it says that the first item needs to be a container to hold the other items...does that mean that there is a size (as in dimensions) requirement, or is it feasible that items could be bigger than the container?

I have had a hard time with this aspect of the swap in the past and usually didn't follow this particular guideline  Undecided
Here is a link to last years gallery so you can get an idea of what was sent http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390137
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Engrave Your Drinking Glasses
How to Decorate a Shadow Box
How to Tie the Sheet Bend Knot
Where Is the Best Glass Blowing Museum
The History of Glass Blowing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...