A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff an Envelope Swap (INTERNATIONAL) rd 2 - GALLERY  (Read 14104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012 11:46:45 AM »

Here is the package I sent Nostephot. She emailed saying she received but hasn't posted pics, so I assume everything arrived safe & sound.

Buttons, beads, paper crafting/scrapbooking stuff, random stickers and recipe cards, buttons, tea, necklace, lucet woven bracelet and some additional lucet or finger weaving woven cords. Not shown: a mini beaded keychain (it was originally supposed to be a bracelet but I couldn't get it to work right so decided a keychain was plenty)

Embroidery floss, scrap fabric, and some sort of fine cording I found at a 2nd hand store forever ago.

Kool-Aid dyed wool, hand spun on drop spindle. Single ply but I felt it would make a beautiful "rustic" embroidery floss.

Close up showing the fine color swirls. I didn't want to ply this due to fear of losing the effect.

Edited to Add:
The "made" includes the woven bracelet, woven cords, spun wool, and in a pinch: the unshown keychain.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 11:53:17 AM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2012 12:03:54 PM »

A little piece of art (is it an ATC? If so, it's my first one  Grin), a really pretty doily and two pieces of (spool knitted?) soft and comfy jewelry. I've been wearing the purple one all day; it's perfect!

Thank you, mini_mum, for the amazing package and for organizing this fun swap!

Not an ATC - if it is big enough you could cut it to the correct dimensions to make it into one - just a little bit of art work I did a while ago.
Again a no - I don't have a knitting bobbin any more, my childhood one got lost/thrown out/left behind at some point over the years, so these were all knitted i-cords.

So glad you liked everything and thank you for helping out and co-organising this with me!.

Someone has mentioned another round - any takers for October sometime?

Wow, I'll have to check how you knit these. I bought one of these knitting bobbins recently just for nostalgia sake  Wink

Another round in october? Sure!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2012 08:22:46 PM »

Eclectic Dreamer, that dyed hand spun wool is really neat!  I have no clue how to hand spin wool, but it looks like a lot of time went into that.  The colors look really good! 

Nostephot also messaged that she received my package, but she hasn't uploaded any pics, so I'll follow Eclectic Dreamer's lead and post photos of what I sent.

This is a pic of the whole shebang.  I had to stand on a chair above the kitchen table and take an overhead pic, so it doesn't show details very well.  There is a lot of paper including scraps, ephemera, note cards, tags, etc.  There are also various stickers, ribbons, and fabric scraps.  The colorful tube-like things in the pic are zippers that I wrapped in press and seal to better condense them for sending.  I think there were around 10 zippers total in various colors and sizes ranging from small to large. 

When I researched nostephot, I found that she liked Harry Potter, so I made her some magnets as the crafted item.  They have a sealant on them that creates a bit of a clear "bubble" (I can't think of a better term right now) over the top of them.

And last of all, I had fun decorating the envelope to build up the excitement upon receipt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2012 11:30:28 PM »

Summer6061: that's an awesome envelope Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012 03:33:25 AM »

I love the hand spun! The colours are amazing! I've tried kool aid dyeing, but haven't been able to achieve anything like that.

The HP picture (ATC?) and magnets are fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2012 08:18:39 AM »

Love the handspun! Really neat!
Woah at the envelope! :O Harry Potter fan Cheesy I would have been excited to receive such a decorated envie! But honestly, i would never have the heart of ripping it open xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2012 11:38:45 PM »

Hint on Kool-Aid dying: apparently it only works on protein fibers. IE: wool. Silk. the hair on your head if you wanted to. Not cotton. Despite what internet "how to's" say. And soak the fiber first in a water/vinegar bath, and the dye is made with 2 packs kool aid, 4 Tbsp vinegar, 6 oz water. And we wrapped the fiber in saran wrap & microwaved it 3-5 minutes (or until it started popping) after adding color.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2012 04:42:19 AM »

YAY, i received guys Cheesy It took its time, but its finally safe and here, so kudos Wink  Grin
What's more amazing is that tomorrow is Eid festival, the biggest festival in muslim religion, and this arrived like a pre-Eid gift  Cheesy Cheesy
Pics!
The whole loot! ^_^

Keyrings and AWESOME charms that i adore!

Buttons!! Colour coordinated too Wink

Jewelry findings and chain

Self adhesive ribbon Shocked Did you know that existed?? A postcard of Washington and the handmade- and earphones holder made from a music fabric i'm totally in love with!

There was also what appears to be handmade paper and "cover your own" buttons.

I loved everything she sent! Perfect is the word to describe that package! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2012 07:54:15 AM »

I'm so glad you like your envie, MoonlitSun, and that it arrived!

The paper is all from the store. I only made the earbud holder. Smiley

It was lots of fun finding things to send you and making the craft! I'm looking forward to getting yours. Have a wonderful Eid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2012 04:42:04 PM »

I came home from a canning party today to find MoonlitSun's awesome envie waiting for me! Her 1st one went missing so she sent this 2nd one and I can't imagine a more perfectly stuffed envelope. Look!

A matchbox suitcase that I've wanted and wished for and now have for my very own that was stuffed with...

beads and confetti and inchies! I love inchies but am not very confident making them myself so I'm always thrilled when people send me some and Moonlit's, wow, they are wonderful!

Here are some strung beads from the suitcase with a narwhal stamp (!), a fun eraser, travel info for Moonlit's country which I've always had a soft spot for since doing a report on it when I was in elementary school. Plus a couple of cute envelopes folded in a way I've never seen before and is very cool which contained...

Tons of postage stamps, bus tickets and blank bus ticket paper! Fantastic!

She also sent delicious sounding recipes, beautiful stamped postcards and a note from herself. Everything was packaged so sweetly like this:

I absolutely adore everything you sent, MoonlitSun! I hope nothing got lost in transit (it came partially opened). I could not be happier with all the gorgeous, useful, fun and interesting things you gave me. Thank you for resending and thank you for everything, MoonlitSun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Homer Simpson - 1st Drawing
How to Draw Young Homer Simpson - 58th Drawing
How to Draw Moe Szyslak - 23rd Drawing
The Special 1000 Subscribers Video - 52nd Drawing
How to Draw Spider-Pig - 27th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...