A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 14216 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012 01:34:40 PM »

whenindoubtsew ~ That is an incredible package you made! I thought the bees were placed on purpose.... you know, "the bees knees"  Grin

*slaps forehead with palm* that would have made sense and I could have taken credit for being clever and witty  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012 04:41:52 PM »

It arrived - my beautiful package of awesomeness from Kathyrnsss! I wish I could take photos here and now and share with you all her gorgoeus work but I have to wait to get home. Everything is so finely made and lovely. You just wait you will all be blown away! I am so glad it arrived today and not after the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012 11:59:28 PM »

Oh my word! That punchneedle butterfly is sooooo lovely!
And i really like the butterfly made from a tie and the beetle hoop, and that apron is very, very cool
Great packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012 03:44:48 AM »

OK I am so excited to post piccies of the awesome package I received from Kathrynsss today.  Grin

By way of a little vent of frustration at myself I typed out 2 whole awesome posts witty, eloquent, with soaring poetry about the loveliness of Kathrynsss crafts and lost them both before they were posted.  Embarrassed Secondly apologies for the quality of my photos I arrived home late and it was dark and the lighting is not good my pictures really miss the beauty of Kathrynsss crafts (Kathrynsss if you have better ones please post them)

Fingers crossed third time lucky.

Now dont be jealous everyone when you see the gorgeous crafts that follow they are mine all mine  Cheesy

I put in my questionnaire that I love bags/purses and wallets and Kathrynsss made my dreams come true. She made me this beautiful messenger bag and I love the colour mix of oranges/greys and off white. It is so well made I was showing it off so bad to my work colleagues today and took it to a colleagues farewell lunch about an hour after I opened the package. I told a friend if I saw this at a market I would definitely buy it. (Another work colleague who saw the package I sent to Kathrynsss said 'you sent a cockroach apron and she sent you a beautiful bag'  Undecided). I think it will be my good day bag as I dont want it to get dirty and worn I want it to stay as perfect as it is! Also a picture of the lovely teapot pocket and lining

Next is a lovely vintage feel wallet I saw these in past posts by Kathrynsss and coveted them. Now I have one of my own. Look at the fabrics used (my washed out photos dont do the colours justice) and the pattern and all the pockets and slots. I look forward to using this. I know how much that goes into cutting out, piecing and sewing an item like this I appreciate it very much,

And a matching coin purse look at the teapot fabric in the middle that matches that in the messenger bag. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland which is great as its one of my favourite stories. I will be taking this to music concerts with me its inaugural outing will be Mumford and Sons concert as its perfect pocket size cant wait

This.hoopla.is.beautiful! The first thing I noticed was the gauzy, see through background fabric which gives it an ethereal feel and the beautiful stitching Kathrynsss you are an embroidery wizard. It has joined my modest hoopla shelf and added to its brilliance

Next are some lovely crochet dragonfly earrings. Kathrynsss wrote she didnt know if they were too big but they are perfect a beautiful deep purple with silver dragonfly charms I had a photo of me wearing them but it was disaster me photographically not the earrings!

But wait theres so much more a wooden brooch with butterfly transfer and 2 felt badges Kathrynsss and I noticed we were in the felt badge swap and thought we would build each others collection. I got a cutie-little ladybug with cut-outs in the wings with black showing through as her spots and crochet dragonfly to match my earrings. They will both be made into brooches.  Shocked

Look at my extras spoilage it includes a beautiful mini butterfly bowl made locally in Wellington New Zealand, cute little wooden butterfly buttons (what to do with these so many ideas), butterfly eraser, extra material matching the inside of the wallet (I have plans for you), little handmade label/sticker, butterfly/babushka combo scissors, and beautiful little card that Kathrynsss wrote in.

And last but not least a gorgeous non-insect felt badge how sweet is that face. Its in the same beautiful deep purple with white/grey background. I kid you not all my outfits will be based around my new jewellery and brooch stash (the way it should be)

Thank you so much Kathrynsss if you are reading this I finally successfully posted. You have so much talent and you crafts look so professional I love everything.

And thanks to crazyda79 for organising this awesome swap and deciding to partner me with Kathrynsss I got crazy spoilt

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012 12:22:56 PM »

Wow amazing package!  With this and all the other awesome insecty packages, we are officially done!  Thanks for a spectacular and flake free swap!  I appreciate everyone for this!!  Everyone should have feedback, let me know if there are any problems!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012 03:42:51 PM »

Wow! What an explosion of awesomeness!!  I want to wist so many items and I can't figure out how to wist several different items that are on the same page!  I'm hoping you ladies will post your projects in their appropriate boards and I can wist them from there.  Smiley

ANYWAY...
QueenNinjaMonkey I love that monarch hoop!  One of my favorite items in this gallery!

Whenindoubtsew you really outdid yourself!  I'm so in love with that beetle hoop and the moth brooch, those two embroidered necklaces are my faves,  what a beautiful butterfly pendant (how ingenius of you to use ties!), and omg! I want that adorable cicada pin!!!

I am so stuck on which item to wist on pg 4! It's killing me cuz I want them all!

Kathrynss you really found the loveliest butterfly fabrics to work with!  I love the bag and that wallet!  Those dragonfly earrings are genius (I may have to borrow that idea!) And what a lovely brooch and hoop-again, love that fabric you used for the hoop!

crazyda79 thank you so much for organizing this swap!  I had loads of fun and I am permanantly bookmarking this gallery.  Everyone is so talented and crafty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
Anatomy Swap, 3-D Bug Swap

Hoping to join:
OWS in Dec
http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012 07:38:30 PM »

Awww La Chapa - thanks for your lovely words. I have never gotten around to posting my items on the general boards so will maybe give it a try.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathrynsss
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012 02:55:50 PM »

Yay whenindoubtsew so happy you received and that you like everything!
When I read in your questionnaire that you liked butterflies I thought "yay a super easy insect to base crafts around" and proceeded to look for butterfly fabrics... How wrong I was! Butterfly fabrics - I soon found out- are either gaudily colored or Incredibly "kiddy" centric, and I wanted to go for a more elegant package; so finding suitable fabrics in your colours was a challenge. So I hope you like them, while they aren't perfect.. I think they work?

Also at first I thought the hoopla fabric wasn't working and was going to start over, but I am happy I didn't because I thought it added to the lightness of the wings.

As for The bees on the knees, they are perfect! Thank you for it all.
And thank you crazyda79 - and all the other swappers for a super fun and amazing swap!
I have had a blast seeing everyone's gorgeous goodies, and receiving my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012 04:37:50 PM »

Butterfly fabrics - I soon found out- are either gaudily colored or Incredibly "kiddy" centric, and I wanted to go for a more elegant package; so finding suitable fabrics in your colours was a challenge. So I hope you like them, while they aren't perfect.. I think they work?

I know what you mean about trying to find beautiful materials to use - you did awesome  Cheesy

Also at first I thought the hoopla fabric wasn't working and was going to start over, but I am happy I didn't because I thought it added to the lightness of the wings.

It's perfect

Kathrynsss - Thanks again for my breathtaking parcel and crazyda79 for being organiser and everyone for crafting and posting photo's - I had so much fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...