A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 12694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012 02:45:58 PM »

The butterflies look beautiful in that photo La Chapa!

Thanks sewphie!

And what a package you got from Glamis!  That beaded butterfly is beautiful!  I really, really, love that embroidered cicada!  I love cicadas and am wondering why I didn't put that as one of my favorites.  Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
Fall Dotee Swap,October Holidays OTT 6, Vintage Halloween Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012 04:51:25 PM »

I wasn't going to but I don't cope well with parcels taking their own sweet time getting places so here is a teaser for Kathyrnssss  Grin

Fingers crossed our parcels are getting here soon  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - sent
Lexophiles Unite - crafting
Vintage Halloween - crafting
kathrynsss
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012 06:29:57 PM »

ooooh a teaser!!! It makes me incredibly excited  Cheesy

Heres one for you whenindoubtsew!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012 06:31:04 PM by kathrynsss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012 08:05:56 PM »

Ooohhhhhhh! Nice teaser Kathrynsss  Cheesy I can tell its insect like but no idea what everything is. can't wait
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012 12:25:25 AM »

I received from QueenNinjaMonkey today!  I love everything.  Well worth the wait!

Group Shot:
Beetle ring, needle punch butterfly hoop, dragonfly salt/pepper shakers lollipop with cricket in it, and a paper butterfly frame

Salt/Pepper shakers

needle punch butterfly hoop- I LOVE IT!!

And my favorite item: 7 paper butterflies in a frame.  Oh this is fabulous!!!!

Oh and just to show how much the USPS stinks, look at this package marked FRAGILE.  OH man!!  Luckily it was safe!  Sorry about not blacking out addys and names (I dunno how)

Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 12:35:18 AM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
ShannonMN
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012 01:44:30 AM »

La Chapa - thank you for posting a better pic of the butterflies! I tried, but could not get a good pic. Not a lot of great light in my house right now, but that comes with the territory in a Vegas house in the summer.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012 02:12:05 AM »

Time to comment - I haven't for a while  Embarrassed

sewphie - your stitching is always divine and the projects you choose are always so beautiful. I love the tiny butterfly in shadowbox and the beetles on the cushion are each so individual and lovely. The leaf pendant is also gorgeous - I think I might try that myself  Cheesy

Glamis - that blue beaded butterfly is absolutely awesome. I would wear that for sure. The paintings are lovely and the embroidered bug silhouettes on the pouch are great

Queenninjamonkey - nice job on the needle punchbutterfly - it's perfect. And I absolutely adore shadowbox art and those butterflies are lovely with the colurs and paper you chose. And who can ignore those salt and pepper shakers - what a great idea. Gla with all USPS shenanigans it arrived in safe condition.

I know Kathrynsss has recieved so I am lucky last waiting for a phenomenal package - fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow and I don't have to bust over the weekend  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathrynsss
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012 03:00:00 AM »

Wow love that needlepunched butterfly! And I'm not quite sure what needlepunching is... hmmm... another craft to investigate!

YES IN-DEEDY:

I received, from whenindoubtsew- a box full of awesome!!!!!

Somehow I didn't manage to get a group shot, but I will kick things off with the extra bits I received: First up- a pair of lovely green mugs with teeny little ants drawn all around them! Love these, and am using one right now! Also in there is some pretty butterfly cookie cutters, buggy stickers and lady bug post-it notes, some pretty bug themed cotton fabric- which I can't wait to play with; and Australian themed chocolate bars... and I swear I had some caramel filled Koala chocolates around here somewhere....  Wink mmmm...

An awesome 3d beetle hoop- which will be the beginnings of a hoopwall I think! It is immaculately stitched, and the colours are soo good- he is all puffy and squishy, the stitching is all metallic and the spots and eyes are beaded! I love this so much.

(I'd like to take the opportunity here to apologize for my terrible photos...
it seems to be perpetually night time at my place!
Can't seem to get good light anywhere...)

Up next I would like to show you a very pretty reclaimed sweater hat- it is so soft and fits great! And pinned on it was this gorgeous moth brooch- whenindoubtsew needlefelted the texture on the wings and it is so detailed and dimensional. It's lovely and has the cutest little antenna!

There was a stunning Luna moth felt badge. I had noticed whenindoubtsew in the felt badge swap and was delighted to find a badge with the most perfect, tiny little stitches on it and cant wait to pop a brooch back on the ..ugh... back and rock it!

There was a couple of screenprinted items, one of which was this pair of amazing bee leggings (the bees sit just below my knees, which is so cute!) The bees are adorable and whenindoubtsew screenprinted them in a pretty copper paint- I told whenindoubtsew that I like to receive wearable items and that I practically live in leggings so I think these will be getting a lot of wear! OK- it is super hard to take photos of your own legs...

So good right?! I am amazed by her talent, so what I pulled out next just blew me away. It was another screenprinted item. A incredibly rad apron with so many sweet details; I just love the fold down top and button, the cute thrifty fabric, the handy pockets. Awesome! I had pinned (from craftster!) this awesome Tracy Turnblad dress (John Waters' Hairspray is my favourite film) which features a cockroach motif printed on it- and whenindoubtsew put her own spin on it and this is the result!

AMAZING! (sorry the picture is pretty crappy, I'll try to get another- or, whenindoubtsew, please feel free to post any pics you might have!) I am in awe, there is such skill in this and - as if it couldn't get any better - it is REVERSIBLE! The other side featuring turquoise ants!! She combined so many things I love on this and it just makes it so perfect and special- Thank you whenindoubtsew!!

The awesome did not stop there! I am an avid jewellery wearer, too much is never enough! And I got a motherload!
Three gorgeous necklaces:

This great polymer clay and beaded one:

This amazing stumpwork butterfly pendant, made from a mans tie- so wonderful and dimensional and intricate but incredibly hard to do justice to in photographs!

(again whenindoubtsew, please post any picture you might have to show these gorgeous items better!)

AND a long necklace with locust transfers on these cool metallic beads, also hard to get a nice photo when on ones self!

These next two pendants are amazing any may just be my favourites- which is a big call!! But they are stunning, I have something similar to each of these pinned- but the ones I received are so much better!

The bee is embroidered onto felt and makes me smile- so much (come back summer!!)

And these ants.. these ants are so gorgeous, they are a combination of cross stitch and beading- I adore this pendant- both of them actually, and can't wait to get some chain to wear them on.

Nope, I'm not quite done! I also got an amazing, stuffed cicada brooch; with beautiful tulle wings and gorgeous little beaded eyes!

AND some hair clips and pins! An "ant in the apples" rosette:

And a set of pretty, Poly clay ones: butterflies, moth, bee and beetle pins (some of which glow in the dark!) The poor wee bee suffered a small misshap, but I have his other wing and will do some reconstructive surgery!

Whew! OK, I think that's my loot! Amazing huh?! Along with it all came the sweetest card with explanations of all the items, which I loved reading through. THANK YOU so very much whenindoubtsew!!! You have been such an amazing partner and really have gone above and beyond! I had a blast crafting for you, I hope you receive tomorrow- we can't have you busting, it would ruin a perfect swap  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can see why people send candy- you need something to keep your strength up when posting hoards of amazing items and gushing with lines and lines of text!!!
I would give you all some chocolate if I could
 Cheesy
Thanks crazyda79 too for organizing such a rad swap, with so many awesome and inspiring goodies!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 03:09:52 AM by kathrynsss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012 03:59:31 AM »

It arrived - you take awesome photos  Grin Funny story about the bee leggings I really meant for the bee to be on the outside of your leg just above the ankle - hope your OK they ended up almost on your knees  Undecided

Just a pic of the bugs and the ties they were made out of

Glad you liked - I had so much fun thinking, planning, finding the right stuff and making. It was so hard to make myself stop  Grin C'mon Australia Post you can get my package to me - it's bordering on a medical emergency anyhows!!  Wink

PS mmmmmmm chocolate
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 04:08:02 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012 11:00:00 AM »

crazyda79 ~ I'm so glad you liked everything, and that it arrived in one piece after the way they smashed that box!  Angry  I forgot to mention in the card that the bug sucker was thrown in because I thought it was funny, hope you didn't think it was too gross.  Cheesy

whenindoubtsew ~ That is an incredible package you made! I thought the bees were placed on purpose.... you know, "the bees knees"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Director Mike Newell on How to Work With Actors
EXPOzed #33 - HD Expo 2008 - MACCAM Lighting
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 5
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches Ep4
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...