A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 12665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012 11:35:30 AM »

I received a fabulous package from sewphie!

First this cute card with an embroidered dragonfly (that I am going to peel off and frame) in my favourite color. Looks like she used some kind of multicolored thread but I think she didn't. It is just two different colors..

her first stitched necklace with a cutie ladybug at the closure. It is a leaf. But maybe it is one of those insects that just mimicry  a leaf..  Grin

And what is that pink fabric wrapped item?

An awesome stumpwork butterfly box! (And I love it even trough it is not usefull. It is useful to look at it and enjoy it  Wink ) And isnt the name hilarious  Cheesy

look how tiny the butterfly is, compared to my finger. I have now idea how is is possible to embroider something like this. I am in awe  Shocked

I also got a embroidered cushion that totally fits my "in the woods" themed living room! And bf loves it too.

Here is a compilation of all the bugs that are embroidered on it. Sewphie likes the stag beetle the most but my favourite is the earwig (they are called "ear pinchers" in Germany and all the little kids are afraid of them because of the name)

And I also got a bunch of extras: A butterfly notepad, a giant plastic stag beetle, a pretty little book called: Butterflies, moths and other insects and some skull beads (that I collect) plus yummy candy (not pictured) that already found a good new home in my tummy  Wink

At that point I felt really bad for not including extras in my package but there was really nothing pretty available around here and I did not want to send crap. Sewphie, hope you receive soon  and like your package as much as I like mine

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
ShannonMN
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012 01:52:52 PM »

Great swap packages! I love that pillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012 02:03:52 PM »

So glad you like it Glamis- I love that earwigs are called ear pinchers in Germany what a creepy name! The card was stitched with a variegated thread it was a new hand dyed silk I had and was desperate to try.
I have received a fabulous package from Glamis today - will get some photos up tomorrow, it is all awesome  Grin wait till you all see what I got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
kathrynsss
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012 07:58:31 PM »

gorgeous package! Love it all I think  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012 09:42:23 AM »

Thanks ladies for all the lovely compliments!  I had soooooo much fun crafting for this swap.  It's one of those times when I really challenged myself and impressed myself with what I came up with.  You all know that sometimes our new ideas don't really pan out, but this time they really did!  Anyway, your compliments really mean a lot to me!

Sewphie, girl let me tell you, you have got some mean talent!  I really love your style and with the addition of that pillow you are now officially all over my wist!  I would wist that necklace too, but I haven't figured out how to add more than one item from the same page.  I guess I'll have to keep an eye out on the jewelry (needlework?) board and hope you post there so I can add it.  Anyway, you put together an amazing package!  Everything you made rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
The Carnivorous Plant Swap, Pretty Bird 3-D Swap, OWS Rnd 106, Fall Dotee Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Vintage Halloween swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012 10:42:08 AM »

Hi all!  This picture shows the colors on the butterflies a little bit better.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
The Carnivorous Plant Swap, Pretty Bird 3-D Swap, OWS Rnd 106, Fall Dotee Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Vintage Halloween swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012 12:27:26 PM »

The butterflies look beautiful in that photo La Chapa!

Right here are the amazing goods I got from the very talented Glamis- I've been lucky enough to be paired with her on two swaps and she is awesome!!
The package arrived all covered in bug stamps- very cool and inside there was treasure;

A beautiful beaded moth- so pretty, it is resting on the cute stamped card she sent, I just love the colours in this - you couldn't have picked better colours for me

3 mini beetle paintings- so well done, I have a little collection if insecty art in my hall that these have joined (nothing says 'welcome' to visitors like a wall full of creepy crawlies  Wink )

And also these two embroidery project bags just the right size for storing works in progress- the embroidery on them is beautiful- I love to receive embroidered things! These are really useful - I will be able to take my stitching out with me now and get my stitch on in public!
Thankyou so much to my fab partner- it was a great swap! Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012 01:46:31 PM »

glad you like it. And glad you like the colors on the moth, wasn't too sure about them because you wrote you like deep blues and greens..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
kathrynsss
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012 02:10:59 PM »

Another superb package! That beaded moth is amazing  Cheesy And I love the little green bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012 02:15:52 PM »

glad you like it. And glad you like the colors on the moth, wasn't too sure about them because you wrote you like deep blues and greens..
I love the colours! I have a spare box frame, like the one I used for the butterfly I sent you and am going to to put this in it - I have a thing for boxed insect displays !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Polymer Clay Rosh Hashana Magnet Part 2/2
Creative Play Date Activities
Make Your Pumpkin "Two Faced" to Cast Images
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...