A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 14130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gotgrey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012 07:52:36 PM »

I received from ShannonMN yesterday.  What a surprise!  I was expecting it on Mon.  I couldn't post yesterday, because I had family in town.  I received the cutest crocheted rainbow caterpillar, 2 crocheted ladybugs, and 3 crocheted hot pads, that have a ladybug, a butterfly, and a dragonfly crocheted into them!  Even my sister was like, WOW!  Don't worry ShannonNM, I prefer quality to quantity and you went above and beyond on the quality!  I always admire people who can crochet and knit.  Because, I cannot, and suck at it.  Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyda79

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012 11:01:56 PM »

That caterpillar is so cute!!  I love the wash cloths too!!  Love how you put the insects into each cloth!  Nice gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012 02:10:43 AM »

I am catching up with the gallery in between putting the final touches to my parcel for Kathrynsss!! Everyone is so crafty and inspiring

Gotgrey love the pouch with butterfly embellishment and the gorgeous material on that reversible bag (I am a sucker for a reversible tote). Cute bug mug rugs and cool spider plushie. Major spoilage.  Grin
Crazyda79 nice cicada hoop and lovely material on the pillowcase. I am falling in love with all the beautiful luna moth crafts and awesome extras  Cheesy
ShannonMN nice crocheting skills I particularly like the caterpillar and ladybugs.  Shocked

Can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012 05:57:12 AM »

What great packages so far. Looking forward to seeing this gallery fill up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012 08:21:32 AM »

Loving everybody's buggy goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012 11:04:30 PM »

Awesome packages! Love the knitted items and the pillowcase fabric is so cool!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMN
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012 11:59:16 AM »

I received from La Chapa a few days ago and am just now able to post some pictures. I was hoping to have hung one of the items so the pics would be better of it, but unfortunately that did not happen.

Anyhoo... I WAS SPOILED! Wow, La Chapa, your crochet skills are amazing and totally enviable. She also tried some new mediums (cross-stitch and clay) and I cannot believe this is her first time working with either of those mediums because your finished items look fantastic!

This is the cross-stitch butterfly she made me. I can't believe this is her first time cross-stitching. This is going to hang up in my studio.

She also made me this adorable crocheted ladybug!! I love her! I knit, but cannot crochet and I am enviable of anyone who can because I LOVE amigurumi!

La Chapa also made this adorable baby rattle! (My husband and my 5 year plan has been changed to a 1 year plan Smiley )

I had put in my questionnaire that I really wanted some plant markers for my veggies and herbs. How fantastic are these! And it's her first time sculpting clay! They are so great and I love their expressions! She also sent along extra cards for the markers!

And last, but certainly not least, she made me 2 crocheted butterfly mobiles! These are the items that I wanted to hang up to get a good pic. Unfortunately, this pic does not do it justice (and it was the best I could get). Each mobile has beads at the end to weight it and each butterfly is actually made out of two crocheted butterflies so they look more 3D as their wings separate from each other a little bit. I love them and they are going to hang in my studio! Smiley

I didn't get a picture of the box it came in, but it had different insects stamped all over the outside!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, La Chapa! I absolutely LOVE everything you sent me and your skills are nothing short of amazing! Thank you for spoiling me! I greatly appreciate it! Smiley

Shannon

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012 10:14:45 PM »

yay! I'm so glad you like everything!  I had a lot of fun doing this swap!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
Anatomy Swap, 3-D Bug Swap

Hoping to join:
OWS in Dec
http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
kathrynsss
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012 02:25:02 AM »

What a lovely package  Smiley The rattle is so adorable! Love the cross stitch and the buttefly hanging is so pretty, I bet it moves nicely!

My package to whenindoubtsew has potentially not even left the country- but I just can't wait for her to receive!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012 02:42:32 AM »

My package to whenindoubtsew has potentially not even left the country- but I just can't wait for her to receive!  Cheesy

I am trying to keep myself calm so I don't pass out from anticipation - I am so excited to see what you made for me as well  Grin

La Chapa - I love the crocheting and colours - particularly that cute ladybug and the butterfly mobile is an awesome idea. The garden planters are so well done and the butterfly cross stitch is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Naruto
How to Draw Scrat from the Movie Ice Age 4
Superhero Comic Artist: Behind the Scenes
Paper Folding the World with Papiroflexia
Coffee Cup Art by Cheeming Boey
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...