A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 12365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 10, 2012 12:16:39 AM »

Post your insect goodies once you get them!!

Original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409754.new#new

Sent
Received
Sent/Received
Sending Late with Communication
Contact Organizer Now

whenindoubtsew<-->kathrynsss
sewphie<-->Glamis
QueenNinjaMonkey<-->crazyda79
gotgrey-->La Chapa-->ShannonMN-->gotgrey
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012 12:23:41 PM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012 10:20:17 PM »

Okay, here we go...
I have a LOT of photos.  Personally I love posts with lots of photos, but I see people apologizing all the time about posting "pic heavy" posts, so I do apologize if this bothers some of you, or slows your browsing too much.  I will try to use thumbnails for some of the detail shots!

SO...major spoilage from gotgrey!
Here is ALMOST everything in one shot.  You can see it took up my entire dining table!

The handmades...
A butterfly pouch which is a perfect lunch sack!
(and the backside)
A very cool reversible bag!

Four butterfly necklaces!

A butterfly scrapbook just waiting to be filled.

This very cool framed bug art!  I love how it looks like a bug case! And I love all the bugs she chose too!

An adorable bug sign that is just perfect for my garden!  The tip of the butterfly's wing was broken off (in transit I assume), but I did find the piece in the box after this pic was taken, and I am going to glue it back on.
THREE bug paintings!

A super cute set of bug mug rugs (say that ten times fast!)
(a detail of the fabric)
Some felt bug patches
It's very hard to see the detail of the praying mantis, but you can see it a little better in this close up
A bug hoop, a tiny (moth?) wooden basket, and an awesome set of notecards, one of which has these very cool (repurposed?) metal butterfly wings on it! Love it!

This is a combo picture of similar items.  I think the little orange butterfly was handmade.  It looks like one of those stained glass kits that are made in the oven?  I'm not sure.  The other butterfly looks like it may be a vintage stained glass piece?  I have no idea, but it feels like real glass.  The oval piece looks store bought, and the pin looks like it may be vintage too.  Sorry I don't really know about vintage items.  I really like it though.

Now, I didn't really take pictures of all the non-handmade extras because there were tons!  Gotgrey, if I missed something that you made please let me know and I will take a close up of it and edit it into this post.  Anyway I also received some rubber stamps, a baggy full of buggy odds and ends to craft with, a butterfly plate, an insect book that's perfect for my little boy, and an insect field guide, a stationary kit, and a couple of cross stitch kits.  Here are some thumbnails of some of my favorites!

this dragonfly lamp finial which is already hanging from my dining room lamp, and these two lovely metal ornamentsthese super super cute crostitch kits, which I am very excited about!  I recently learned to cross stitch and can't wait to make these. 
Confession, I have been scouring the bins at Michael's for two weeks looking for that butterfly kit!  I had bought one a while back, & ended up giving it away, but I really wanted one for myself.  So thanks gotgrey!

Okay, so if you've stuck with this post till now, well you're in for a treat!  I saved the best for last!  Gotgrey made me my favorite bug of all time as a giant stuffie...and here she is chilling on my couch!here is a close up of her adorable face!
I named her Arachne.
Thanks a million gotgrey!
Holy smokes! That was thee longest post I've ever posted!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
The Carnivorous Plant Swap, Pretty Bird 3-D Swap, OWS Rnd 106, Fall Dotee Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Vintage Halloween swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
crazyda79

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012 11:41:55 PM »

Oh goodness!  What a fabulous start to this gallery!  I love that package.  The stuffie is too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012 07:58:07 AM »

La Chapa, I'm sorry the butterfly broke.  That makes me mad!  The PO knew there were breakables in the package.  The orange and pink stained glass butterfly is a make it and bake it kit from the craft store, that I made.  The red and green stained glass butterfly is vintage.  I think it's from the 80's.  I remember my mom having one just like it when I was as kid.  The lady bug stained glass is store bought.  I don't know if the butterfly pin is vintage or not.  When I bought that multi spot frame, I instantly thought, "Hand drawn bug collection!"  The felt patches are my attempt at felt badges.  I had to look up what badges were.  The praying mantis was sewn up on my machine, the other two were hand stitched.  I thought the little wooden basket looked like a dragonfly.  It could be a moth too.  I'm so glad that you liked everything!  I was very nervous about your package.  I didn't know if you'd like everything or not.  You had stated you like more realistic looking.  I had a hard time finding realistic looking crafting materials.  I tried to stay away from cutsie and the colors you don't like.  Arachne looks adorable chilling on your couch!  I knew you would lover her!  I did too, and really didn't want to let her go. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012 01:13:50 PM »

oh wow  Shocked Is that what a 5 point insect swap looks like?! What an awesome haul, love the stained glass collection and the bug-mug-rugs are so cool! The box framed art is such an excellent idea. Great package  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012 01:26:50 PM »

No Kat, that is not what a 5 point swap looks like.  That's what a gotgrey the over does it, and doesn't know when to stop swap looks like.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012 01:33:00 PM »

No Kat, that is not what a 5 point swap looks like.  That's what a gotgrey the over does it, and doesn't know when to stop swap looks like.  Wink

Whew! I was getting worried  Smiley Lucky La Chapa  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012 02:11:42 PM »

I received a giant and amazing package from the awesome crazyda79!!

First the crafted items....

My favorite thing , a Cicada hoop!

A really cool pillow case

Close up of the sweet fabric

A picture frame showing the life cycle of the Luna Moth. We found a cocoon once and when it hatched (?) open it was a Luna Moth!

Super cute note cards, and a sparkly magnet.

Now for the extras.....

Grow bug, sponge bugs and toy bugs (My son wants these BAD!)  Cheesy

A ton of little bug craft kits! Going to wait for a yucky day and do these with my son

Suncatcher garden stakes and bug ribbon, going to paint the stake and put them in the 2 pots of celery I just planted

Thank you so much for such a wonderful package, I seriously LOVE it!!!  Grin   Grin   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
ShannonMN
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012 02:56:06 PM »

I got a fantastic package from La Chapa! She really spoiled me. I feel like maybe I didn't include enough swap items in my package for gotgrey. I will post pics tomorrow or Monday as I'm off to work right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012 09:53:05 PM »

Gotgrey, don't fret.  I glued the piece onto the butterfly wing and you can't even tell it was ever broken!  I do love everything.  And as a side note, Arachne matches perfectly with my furniture which is all brown and black!

kathryness, yes I am lucky!   Wink

crazyda79, what an awesome package!  I especially love the pillowcase!

shannonMN, yay, I'm so glad your package made it!  Hopefully everything arrived safe and sound.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
The Carnivorous Plant Swap, Pretty Bird 3-D Swap, OWS Rnd 106, Fall Dotee Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Vintage Halloween swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Spoon Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Create a Wine Glass Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Make Clouds - Pixelmator
How to Create a Cool Text Trick - Motion 3
How to Get Real Time Play Back - Final Cut Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...