A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Insect Swap Gallery  (Read 11760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 10, 2012 12:16:39 AM »

Post your insect goodies once you get them!!

Original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409754.new#new

Sent
Received
Sent/Received
Sending Late with Communication
Contact Organizer Now

whenindoubtsew<-->kathrynsss
sewphie<-->Glamis
QueenNinjaMonkey<-->crazyda79
gotgrey-->La Chapa-->ShannonMN-->gotgrey
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012 12:23:41 PM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012 10:20:17 PM »

Okay, here we go...
I have a LOT of photos.  Personally I love posts with lots of photos, but I see people apologizing all the time about posting "pic heavy" posts, so I do apologize if this bothers some of you, or slows your browsing too much.  I will try to use thumbnails for some of the detail shots!

SO...major spoilage from gotgrey!
Here is ALMOST everything in one shot.  You can see it took up my entire dining table!

The handmades...
A butterfly pouch which is a perfect lunch sack!
(and the backside)
A very cool reversible bag!

Four butterfly necklaces!

A butterfly scrapbook just waiting to be filled.

This very cool framed bug art!  I love how it looks like a bug case! And I love all the bugs she chose too!

An adorable bug sign that is just perfect for my garden!  The tip of the butterfly's wing was broken off (in transit I assume), but I did find the piece in the box after this pic was taken, and I am going to glue it back on.
THREE bug paintings!

A super cute set of bug mug rugs (say that ten times fast!)
(a detail of the fabric)
Some felt bug patches
It's very hard to see the detail of the praying mantis, but you can see it a little better in this close up
A bug hoop, a tiny (moth?) wooden basket, and an awesome set of notecards, one of which has these very cool (repurposed?) metal butterfly wings on it! Love it!

This is a combo picture of similar items.  I think the little orange butterfly was handmade.  It looks like one of those stained glass kits that are made in the oven?  I'm not sure.  The other butterfly looks like it may be a vintage stained glass piece?  I have no idea, but it feels like real glass.  The oval piece looks store bought, and the pin looks like it may be vintage too.  Sorry I don't really know about vintage items.  I really like it though.

Now, I didn't really take pictures of all the non-handmade extras because there were tons!  Gotgrey, if I missed something that you made please let me know and I will take a close up of it and edit it into this post.  Anyway I also received some rubber stamps, a baggy full of buggy odds and ends to craft with, a butterfly plate, an insect book that's perfect for my little boy, and an insect field guide, a stationary kit, and a couple of cross stitch kits.  Here are some thumbnails of some of my favorites!

this dragonfly lamp finial which is already hanging from my dining room lamp, and these two lovely metal ornamentsthese super super cute crostitch kits, which I am very excited about!  I recently learned to cross stitch and can't wait to make these. 
Confession, I have been scouring the bins at Michael's for two weeks looking for that butterfly kit!  I had bought one a while back, & ended up giving it away, but I really wanted one for myself.  So thanks gotgrey!

Okay, so if you've stuck with this post till now, well you're in for a treat!  I saved the best for last!  Gotgrey made me my favorite bug of all time as a giant stuffie...and here she is chilling on my couch!here is a close up of her adorable face!
I named her Arachne.
Thanks a million gotgrey!
Holy smokes! That was thee longest post I've ever posted!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012 11:41:55 PM »

Oh goodness!  What a fabulous start to this gallery!  I love that package.  The stuffie is too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012 07:58:07 AM »

La Chapa, I'm sorry the butterfly broke.  That makes me mad!  The PO knew there were breakables in the package.  The orange and pink stained glass butterfly is a make it and bake it kit from the craft store, that I made.  The red and green stained glass butterfly is vintage.  I think it's from the 80's.  I remember my mom having one just like it when I was as kid.  The lady bug stained glass is store bought.  I don't know if the butterfly pin is vintage or not.  When I bought that multi spot frame, I instantly thought, "Hand drawn bug collection!"  The felt patches are my attempt at felt badges.  I had to look up what badges were.  The praying mantis was sewn up on my machine, the other two were hand stitched.  I thought the little wooden basket looked like a dragonfly.  It could be a moth too.  I'm so glad that you liked everything!  I was very nervous about your package.  I didn't know if you'd like everything or not.  You had stated you like more realistic looking.  I had a hard time finding realistic looking crafting materials.  I tried to stay away from cutsie and the colors you don't like.  Arachne looks adorable chilling on your couch!  I knew you would lover her!  I did too, and really didn't want to let her go. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012 01:13:50 PM »

oh wow  Shocked Is that what a 5 point insect swap looks like?! What an awesome haul, love the stained glass collection and the bug-mug-rugs are so cool! The box framed art is such an excellent idea. Great package  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012 01:26:50 PM »

No Kat, that is not what a 5 point swap looks like.  That's what a gotgrey the over does it, and doesn't know when to stop swap looks like.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012 01:33:00 PM »

No Kat, that is not what a 5 point swap looks like.  That's what a gotgrey the over does it, and doesn't know when to stop swap looks like.  Wink

Whew! I was getting worried  Smiley Lucky La Chapa  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012 02:11:42 PM »

I received a giant and amazing package from the awesome crazyda79!!

First the crafted items....

My favorite thing , a Cicada hoop!

A really cool pillow case

Close up of the sweet fabric

A picture frame showing the life cycle of the Luna Moth. We found a cocoon once and when it hatched (?) open it was a Luna Moth!

Super cute note cards, and a sparkly magnet.

Now for the extras.....

Grow bug, sponge bugs and toy bugs (My son wants these BAD!)  Cheesy

A ton of little bug craft kits! Going to wait for a yucky day and do these with my son

Suncatcher garden stakes and bug ribbon, going to paint the stake and put them in the 2 pots of celery I just planted

Thank you so much for such a wonderful package, I seriously LOVE it!!!  Grin   Grin   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
ShannonMN
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012 02:56:06 PM »

I got a fantastic package from La Chapa! She really spoiled me. I feel like maybe I didn't include enough swap items in my package for gotgrey. I will post pics tomorrow or Monday as I'm off to work right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let your passion lead you to take that leap of faith.
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012 09:53:05 PM »

Gotgrey, don't fret.  I glued the piece onto the butterfly wing and you can't even tell it was ever broken!  I do love everything.  And as a side note, Arachne matches perfectly with my furniture which is all brown and black!

kathryness, yes I am lucky!   Wink

crazyda79, what an awesome package!  I especially love the pillowcase!

shannonMN, yay, I'm so glad your package made it!  Hopefully everything arrived safe and sound.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012 07:52:36 PM »

I received from ShannonMN yesterday.  What a surprise!  I was expecting it on Mon.  I couldn't post yesterday, because I had family in town.  I received the cutest crocheted rainbow caterpillar, 2 crocheted ladybugs, and 3 crocheted hot pads, that have a ladybug, a butterfly, and a dragonfly crocheted into them!  Even my sister was like, WOW!  Don't worry ShannonNM, I prefer quality to quantity and you went above and beyond on the quality!  I always admire people who can crochet and knit.  Because, I cannot, and suck at it.  Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyda79

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012 11:01:56 PM »

That caterpillar is so cute!!  I love the wash cloths too!!  Love how you put the insects into each cloth!  Nice gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012 02:10:43 AM »

I am catching up with the gallery in between putting the final touches to my parcel for Kathrynsss!! Everyone is so crafty and inspiring

Gotgrey love the pouch with butterfly embellishment and the gorgeous material on that reversible bag (I am a sucker for a reversible tote). Cute bug mug rugs and cool spider plushie. Major spoilage.  Grin
Crazyda79 nice cicada hoop and lovely material on the pillowcase. I am falling in love with all the beautiful luna moth crafts and awesome extras  Cheesy
ShannonMN nice crocheting skills I particularly like the caterpillar and ladybugs.  Shocked

Can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Dream catcher swap - sent
Game of Thrones swap - crafting
Science swap - crafting
Summer Nerd Games swap - awaiting partners :-)
sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012 05:57:12 AM »

What great packages so far. Looking forward to seeing this gallery fill up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
gotgrey

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012 08:21:32 AM »

Loving everybody's buggy goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathrynsss
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012 11:04:30 PM »

Awesome packages! Love the knitted items and the pillowcase fabric is so cool!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMN
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012 11:59:16 AM »

I received from La Chapa a few days ago and am just now able to post some pictures. I was hoping to have hung one of the items so the pics would be better of it, but unfortunately that did not happen.

Anyhoo... I WAS SPOILED! Wow, La Chapa, your crochet skills are amazing and totally enviable. She also tried some new mediums (cross-stitch and clay) and I cannot believe this is her first time working with either of those mediums because your finished items look fantastic!

This is the cross-stitch butterfly she made me. I can't believe this is her first time cross-stitching. This is going to hang up in my studio.

She also made me this adorable crocheted ladybug!! I love her! I knit, but cannot crochet and I am enviable of anyone who can because I LOVE amigurumi!

La Chapa also made this adorable baby rattle! (My husband and my 5 year plan has been changed to a 1 year plan Smiley )

I had put in my questionnaire that I really wanted some plant markers for my veggies and herbs. How fantastic are these! And it's her first time sculpting clay! They are so great and I love their expressions! She also sent along extra cards for the markers!

And last, but certainly not least, she made me 2 crocheted butterfly mobiles! These are the items that I wanted to hang up to get a good pic. Unfortunately, this pic does not do it justice (and it was the best I could get). Each mobile has beads at the end to weight it and each butterfly is actually made out of two crocheted butterflies so they look more 3D as their wings separate from each other a little bit. I love them and they are going to hang in my studio! Smiley

I didn't get a picture of the box it came in, but it had different insects stamped all over the outside!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, La Chapa! I absolutely LOVE everything you sent me and your skills are nothing short of amazing! Thank you for spoiling me! I greatly appreciate it! Smiley

Shannon

THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012 10:14:45 PM »

yay! I'm so glad you like everything!  I had a lot of fun doing this swap!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathrynsss
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012 02:25:02 AM »

What a lovely package  Smiley The rattle is so adorable! Love the cross stitch and the buttefly hanging is so pretty, I bet it moves nicely!

My package to whenindoubtsew has potentially not even left the country- but I just can't wait for her to receive!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012 02:42:32 AM »

My package to whenindoubtsew has potentially not even left the country- but I just can't wait for her to receive!  Cheesy

I am trying to keep myself calm so I don't pass out from anticipation - I am so excited to see what you made for me as well  Grin

La Chapa - I love the crocheting and colours - particularly that cute ladybug and the butterfly mobile is an awesome idea. The garden planters are so well done and the butterfly cross stitch is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012 11:35:30 AM »

I received a fabulous package from sewphie!

First this cute card with an embroidered dragonfly (that I am going to peel off and frame) in my favourite color. Looks like she used some kind of multicolored thread but I think she didn't. It is just two different colors..

her first stitched necklace with a cutie ladybug at the closure. It is a leaf. But maybe it is one of those insects that just mimicry  a leaf..  Grin

And what is that pink fabric wrapped item?

An awesome stumpwork butterfly box! (And I love it even trough it is not usefull. It is useful to look at it and enjoy it  Wink ) And isnt the name hilarious  Cheesy

look how tiny the butterfly is, compared to my finger. I have now idea how is is possible to embroider something like this. I am in awe  Shocked

I also got a embroidered cushion that totally fits my "in the woods" themed living room! And bf loves it too.

Here is a compilation of all the bugs that are embroidered on it. Sewphie likes the stag beetle the most but my favourite is the earwig (they are called "ear pinchers" in Germany and all the little kids are afraid of them because of the name)

And I also got a bunch of extras: A butterfly notepad, a giant plastic stag beetle, a pretty little book called: Butterflies, moths and other insects and some skull beads (that I collect) plus yummy candy (not pictured) that already found a good new home in my tummy  Wink

At that point I felt really bad for not including extras in my package but there was really nothing pretty available around here and I did not want to send crap. Sewphie, hope you receive soon  and like your package as much as I like mine

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
ShannonMN
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012 01:52:52 PM »

Great swap packages! I love that pillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012 02:03:52 PM »

So glad you like it Glamis- I love that earwigs are called ear pinchers in Germany what a creepy name! The card was stitched with a variegated thread it was a new hand dyed silk I had and was desperate to try.
I have received a fabulous package from Glamis today - will get some photos up tomorrow, it is all awesome  Grin wait till you all see what I got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathrynsss
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012 07:58:31 PM »

gorgeous package! Love it all I think  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012 09:42:23 AM »

Thanks ladies for all the lovely compliments!  I had soooooo much fun crafting for this swap.  It's one of those times when I really challenged myself and impressed myself with what I came up with.  You all know that sometimes our new ideas don't really pan out, but this time they really did!  Anyway, your compliments really mean a lot to me!

Sewphie, girl let me tell you, you have got some mean talent!  I really love your style and with the addition of that pillow you are now officially all over my wist!  I would wist that necklace too, but I haven't figured out how to add more than one item from the same page.  I guess I'll have to keep an eye out on the jewelry (needlework?) board and hope you post there so I can add it.  Anyway, you put together an amazing package!  Everything you made rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012 10:42:08 AM »

Hi all!  This picture shows the colors on the butterflies a little bit better.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012 12:27:26 PM »

The butterflies look beautiful in that photo La Chapa!

Right here are the amazing goods I got from the very talented Glamis- I've been lucky enough to be paired with her on two swaps and she is awesome!!
The package arrived all covered in bug stamps- very cool and inside there was treasure;

A beautiful beaded moth- so pretty, it is resting on the cute stamped card she sent, I just love the colours in this - you couldn't have picked better colours for me

3 mini beetle paintings- so well done, I have a little collection if insecty art in my hall that these have joined (nothing says 'welcome' to visitors like a wall full of creepy crawlies  Wink )

And also these two embroidery project bags just the right size for storing works in progress- the embroidery on them is beautiful- I love to receive embroidered things! These are really useful - I will be able to take my stitching out with me now and get my stitch on in public!
Thankyou so much to my fab partner- it was a great swap! Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012 01:46:31 PM »

glad you like it. And glad you like the colors on the moth, wasn't too sure about them because you wrote you like deep blues and greens..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
kathrynsss
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012 02:10:59 PM »

Another superb package! That beaded moth is amazing  Cheesy And I love the little green bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012 02:15:52 PM »

glad you like it. And glad you like the colors on the moth, wasn't too sure about them because you wrote you like deep blues and greens..
I love the colours! I have a spare box frame, like the one I used for the butterfly I sent you and am going to to put this in it - I have a thing for boxed insect displays !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012 02:45:58 PM »

The butterflies look beautiful in that photo La Chapa!

Thanks sewphie!

And what a package you got from Glamis!  That beaded butterfly is beautiful!  I really, really, love that embroidered cicada!  I love cicadas and am wondering why I didn't put that as one of my favorites.  Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012 04:51:25 PM »

I wasn't going to but I don't cope well with parcels taking their own sweet time getting places so here is a teaser for Kathyrnssss  Grin

Fingers crossed our parcels are getting here soon  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
kathrynsss
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012 06:29:57 PM »

ooooh a teaser!!! It makes me incredibly excited  Cheesy

Heres one for you whenindoubtsew!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012 06:31:04 PM by kathrynsss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012 08:05:56 PM »

Ooohhhhhhh! Nice teaser Kathrynsss  Cheesy I can tell its insect like but no idea what everything is. can't wait
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
crazyda79

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012 12:25:25 AM »

I received from QueenNinjaMonkey today!  I love everything.  Well worth the wait!

Group Shot:
Beetle ring, needle punch butterfly hoop, dragonfly salt/pepper shakers lollipop with cricket in it, and a paper butterfly frame

Salt/Pepper shakers

needle punch butterfly hoop- I LOVE IT!!

And my favorite item: 7 paper butterflies in a frame.  Oh this is fabulous!!!!

Oh and just to show how much the USPS stinks, look at this package marked FRAGILE.  OH man!!  Luckily it was safe!  Sorry about not blacking out addys and names (I dunno how)

Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 12:35:18 AM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
ShannonMN
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012 01:44:30 AM »

La Chapa - thank you for posting a better pic of the butterflies! I tried, but could not get a good pic. Not a lot of great light in my house right now, but that comes with the territory in a Vegas house in the summer.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012 02:12:05 AM »

Time to comment - I haven't for a while  Embarrassed

sewphie - your stitching is always divine and the projects you choose are always so beautiful. I love the tiny butterfly in shadowbox and the beetles on the cushion are each so individual and lovely. The leaf pendant is also gorgeous - I think I might try that myself  Cheesy

Glamis - that blue beaded butterfly is absolutely awesome. I would wear that for sure. The paintings are lovely and the embroidered bug silhouettes on the pouch are great

Queenninjamonkey - nice job on the needle punchbutterfly - it's perfect. And I absolutely adore shadowbox art and those butterflies are lovely with the colurs and paper you chose. And who can ignore those salt and pepper shakers - what a great idea. Gla with all USPS shenanigans it arrived in safe condition.

I know Kathrynsss has recieved so I am lucky last waiting for a phenomenal package - fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow and I don't have to bust over the weekend  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
kathrynsss
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012 03:00:00 AM »

Wow love that needlepunched butterfly! And I'm not quite sure what needlepunching is... hmmm... another craft to investigate!

YES IN-DEEDY:

I received, from whenindoubtsew- a box full of awesome!!!!!

Somehow I didn't manage to get a group shot, but I will kick things off with the extra bits I received: First up- a pair of lovely green mugs with teeny little ants drawn all around them! Love these, and am using one right now! Also in there is some pretty butterfly cookie cutters, buggy stickers and lady bug post-it notes, some pretty bug themed cotton fabric- which I can't wait to play with; and Australian themed chocolate bars... and I swear I had some caramel filled Koala chocolates around here somewhere....  Wink mmmm...

An awesome 3d beetle hoop- which will be the beginnings of a hoopwall I think! It is immaculately stitched, and the colours are soo good- he is all puffy and squishy, the stitching is all metallic and the spots and eyes are beaded! I love this so much.

(I'd like to take the opportunity here to apologize for my terrible photos...
it seems to be perpetually night time at my place!
Can't seem to get good light anywhere...)

Up next I would like to show you a very pretty reclaimed sweater hat- it is so soft and fits great! And pinned on it was this gorgeous moth brooch- whenindoubtsew needlefelted the texture on the wings and it is so detailed and dimensional. It's lovely and has the cutest little antenna!

There was a stunning Luna moth felt badge. I had noticed whenindoubtsew in the felt badge swap and was delighted to find a badge with the most perfect, tiny little stitches on it and cant wait to pop a brooch back on the ..ugh... back and rock it!

There was a couple of screenprinted items, one of which was this pair of amazing bee leggings (the bees sit just below my knees, which is so cute!) The bees are adorable and whenindoubtsew screenprinted them in a pretty copper paint- I told whenindoubtsew that I like to receive wearable items and that I practically live in leggings so I think these will be getting a lot of wear! OK- it is super hard to take photos of your own legs...

So good right?! I am amazed by her talent, so what I pulled out next just blew me away. It was another screenprinted item. A incredibly rad apron with so many sweet details; I just love the fold down top and button, the cute thrifty fabric, the handy pockets. Awesome! I had pinned (from craftster!) this awesome Tracy Turnblad dress (John Waters' Hairspray is my favourite film) which features a cockroach motif printed on it- and whenindoubtsew put her own spin on it and this is the result!

AMAZING! (sorry the picture is pretty crappy, I'll try to get another- or, whenindoubtsew, please feel free to post any pics you might have!) I am in awe, there is such skill in this and - as if it couldn't get any better - it is REVERSIBLE! The other side featuring turquoise ants!! She combined so many things I love on this and it just makes it so perfect and special- Thank you whenindoubtsew!!

The awesome did not stop there! I am an avid jewellery wearer, too much is never enough! And I got a motherload!
Three gorgeous necklaces:

This great polymer clay and beaded one:

This amazing stumpwork butterfly pendant, made from a mans tie- so wonderful and dimensional and intricate but incredibly hard to do justice to in photographs!

(again whenindoubtsew, please post any picture you might have to show these gorgeous items better!)

AND a long necklace with locust transfers on these cool metallic beads, also hard to get a nice photo when on ones self!

These next two pendants are amazing any may just be my favourites- which is a big call!! But they are stunning, I have something similar to each of these pinned- but the ones I received are so much better!

The bee is embroidered onto felt and makes me smile- so much (come back summer!!)

And these ants.. these ants are so gorgeous, they are a combination of cross stitch and beading- I adore this pendant- both of them actually, and can't wait to get some chain to wear them on.

Nope, I'm not quite done! I also got an amazing, stuffed cicada brooch; with beautiful tulle wings and gorgeous little beaded eyes!

AND some hair clips and pins! An "ant in the apples" rosette:

And a set of pretty, Poly clay ones: butterflies, moth, bee and beetle pins (some of which glow in the dark!) The poor wee bee suffered a small misshap, but I have his other wing and will do some reconstructive surgery!

Whew! OK, I think that's my loot! Amazing huh?! Along with it all came the sweetest card with explanations of all the items, which I loved reading through. THANK YOU so very much whenindoubtsew!!! You have been such an amazing partner and really have gone above and beyond! I had a blast crafting for you, I hope you receive tomorrow- we can't have you busting, it would ruin a perfect swap  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can see why people send candy- you need something to keep your strength up when posting hoards of amazing items and gushing with lines and lines of text!!!
I would give you all some chocolate if I could
 Cheesy
Thanks crazyda79 too for organizing such a rad swap, with so many awesome and inspiring goodies!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 03:09:52 AM by kathrynsss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012 03:59:31 AM »

It arrived - you take awesome photos  Grin Funny story about the bee leggings I really meant for the bee to be on the outside of your leg just above the ankle - hope your OK they ended up almost on your knees  Undecided

Just a pic of the bugs and the ties they were made out of

Glad you liked - I had so much fun thinking, planning, finding the right stuff and making. It was so hard to make myself stop  Grin C'mon Australia Post you can get my package to me - it's bordering on a medical emergency anyhows!!  Wink

PS mmmmmmm chocolate
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 04:08:02 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012 11:00:00 AM »

crazyda79 ~ I'm so glad you liked everything, and that it arrived in one piece after the way they smashed that box!  Angry  I forgot to mention in the card that the bug sucker was thrown in because I thought it was funny, hope you didn't think it was too gross.  Cheesy

whenindoubtsew ~ That is an incredible package you made! I thought the bees were placed on purpose.... you know, "the bees knees"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012 01:34:40 PM »

whenindoubtsew ~ That is an incredible package you made! I thought the bees were placed on purpose.... you know, "the bees knees"  Grin

*slaps forehead with palm* that would have made sense and I could have taken credit for being clever and witty  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012 04:41:52 PM »

It arrived - my beautiful package of awesomeness from Kathyrnsss! I wish I could take photos here and now and share with you all her gorgoeus work but I have to wait to get home. Everything is so finely made and lovely. You just wait you will all be blown away! I am so glad it arrived today and not after the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012 11:59:28 PM »

Oh my word! That punchneedle butterfly is sooooo lovely!
And i really like the butterfly made from a tie and the beetle hoop, and that apron is very, very cool
Great packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012 03:44:48 AM »

OK I am so excited to post piccies of the awesome package I received from Kathrynsss today.  Grin

By way of a little vent of frustration at myself I typed out 2 whole awesome posts witty, eloquent, with soaring poetry about the loveliness of Kathrynsss crafts and lost them both before they were posted.  Embarrassed Secondly apologies for the quality of my photos I arrived home late and it was dark and the lighting is not good my pictures really miss the beauty of Kathrynsss crafts (Kathrynsss if you have better ones please post them)

Fingers crossed third time lucky.

Now dont be jealous everyone when you see the gorgeous crafts that follow they are mine all mine  Cheesy

I put in my questionnaire that I love bags/purses and wallets and Kathrynsss made my dreams come true. She made me this beautiful messenger bag and I love the colour mix of oranges/greys and off white. It is so well made I was showing it off so bad to my work colleagues today and took it to a colleagues farewell lunch about an hour after I opened the package. I told a friend if I saw this at a market I would definitely buy it. (Another work colleague who saw the package I sent to Kathrynsss said 'you sent a cockroach apron and she sent you a beautiful bag'  Undecided). I think it will be my good day bag as I dont want it to get dirty and worn I want it to stay as perfect as it is! Also a picture of the lovely teapot pocket and lining

Next is a lovely vintage feel wallet I saw these in past posts by Kathrynsss and coveted them. Now I have one of my own. Look at the fabrics used (my washed out photos dont do the colours justice) and the pattern and all the pockets and slots. I look forward to using this. I know how much that goes into cutting out, piecing and sewing an item like this I appreciate it very much,

And a matching coin purse look at the teapot fabric in the middle that matches that in the messenger bag. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland which is great as its one of my favourite stories. I will be taking this to music concerts with me its inaugural outing will be Mumford and Sons concert as its perfect pocket size cant wait

This.hoopla.is.beau tiful! The first thing I noticed was the gauzy, see through background fabric which gives it an ethereal feel and the beautiful stitching Kathrynsss you are an embroidery wizard. It has joined my modest hoopla shelf and added to its brilliance

Next are some lovely crochet dragonfly earrings. Kathrynsss wrote she didnt know if they were too big but they are perfect a beautiful deep purple with silver dragonfly charms I had a photo of me wearing them but it was disaster me photographically not the earrings!

But wait theres so much more a wooden brooch with butterfly transfer and 2 felt badges Kathrynsss and I noticed we were in the felt badge swap and thought we would build each others collection. I got a cutie-little ladybug with cut-outs in the wings with black showing through as her spots and crochet dragonfly to match my earrings. They will both be made into brooches.  Shocked

Look at my extras spoilage it includes a beautiful mini butterfly bowl made locally in Wellington New Zealand, cute little wooden butterfly buttons (what to do with these so many ideas), butterfly eraser, extra material matching the inside of the wallet (I have plans for you), little handmade label/sticker, butterfly/babushka combo scissors, and beautiful little card that Kathrynsss wrote in.

And last but not least a gorgeous non-insect felt badge how sweet is that face. Its in the same beautiful deep purple with white/grey background. I kid you not all my outfits will be based around my new jewellery and brooch stash (the way it should be)

Thank you so much Kathrynsss if you are reading this I finally successfully posted. You have so much talent and you crafts look so professional I love everything.

And thanks to crazyda79 for organising this awesome swap and deciding to partner me with Kathrynsss I got crazy spoilt

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
crazyda79

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012 12:22:56 PM »

Wow amazing package!  With this and all the other awesome insecty packages, we are officially done!  Thanks for a spectacular and flake free swap!  I appreciate everyone for this!!  Everyone should have feedback, let me know if there are any problems!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012 03:42:51 PM »

Wow! What an explosion of awesomeness!!  I want to wist so many items and I can't figure out how to wist several different items that are on the same page!  I'm hoping you ladies will post your projects in their appropriate boards and I can wist them from there.  Smiley

ANYWAY...
QueenNinjaMonkey I love that monarch hoop!  One of my favorite items in this gallery!

Whenindoubtsew you really outdid yourself!  I'm so in love with that beetle hoop and the moth brooch, those two embroidered necklaces are my faves,  what a beautiful butterfly pendant (how ingenius of you to use ties!), and omg! I want that adorable cicada pin!!!

I am so stuck on which item to wist on pg 4! It's killing me cuz I want them all!

Kathrynss you really found the loveliest butterfly fabrics to work with!  I love the bag and that wallet!  Those dragonfly earrings are genius (I may have to borrow that idea!) And what a lovely brooch and hoop-again, love that fabric you used for the hoop!

crazyda79 thank you so much for organizing this swap!  I had loads of fun and I am permanantly bookmarking this gallery.  Everyone is so talented and crafty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012 07:38:30 PM »

Awww La Chapa - thanks for your lovely words. I have never gotten around to posting my items on the general boards so will maybe give it a try.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
kathrynsss
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012 02:55:50 PM »

Yay whenindoubtsew so happy you received and that you like everything!
When I read in your questionnaire that you liked butterflies I thought "yay a super easy insect to base crafts around" and proceeded to look for butterfly fabrics... How wrong I was! Butterfly fabrics - I soon found out- are either gaudily colored or Incredibly "kiddy" centric, and I wanted to go for a more elegant package; so finding suitable fabrics in your colours was a challenge. So I hope you like them, while they aren't perfect.. I think they work?

Also at first I thought the hoopla fabric wasn't working and was going to start over, but I am happy I didn't because I thought it added to the lightness of the wings.

As for The bees on the knees, they are perfect! Thank you for it all.
And thank you crazyda79 - and all the other swappers for a super fun and amazing swap!
I have had a blast seeing everyone's gorgeous goodies, and receiving my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012 04:37:50 PM »

Butterfly fabrics - I soon found out- are either gaudily colored or Incredibly "kiddy" centric, and I wanted to go for a more elegant package; so finding suitable fabrics in your colours was a challenge. So I hope you like them, while they aren't perfect.. I think they work?

I know what you mean about trying to find beautiful materials to use - you did awesome  Cheesy

Also at first I thought the hoopla fabric wasn't working and was going to start over, but I am happy I didn't because I thought it added to the lightness of the wings.

It's perfect

Kathrynsss - Thanks again for my breathtaking parcel and crazyda79 for being organiser and everyone for crafting and posting photo's - I had so much fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science swap - crafting
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2014 Grammys Beauty Trends
An Anti Aging Moisturizer That’s Worth the Splurge
The Best Enzymes for Your Skin Type
How to Upgrade Your Look with Just a Curling Iron, Belt and Mascara
A Decade of the Most Outrageous GRAMMY Beauty Looks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...