A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Put a Bird On It! Swap - Send out Friday July 27th  (Read 20540 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

microjivvy
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012 03:52:14 PM »

I think the skelly's about 6 inches (working on memory, though... which can be faulty).

I felt like my post was getting pic heavy, so I left out the "scale shot", but here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012 05:36:53 PM »

You know what entrances me, is the grace of the pose. 

It is truly an amazing piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012 05:58:43 PM »

You know what entrances me, is the grace of the pose. 

It is truly an amazing piece.

Same here. I never thought I would say a skeleton was beautiful but the grace she omits in her posture is stunning. She's telling this beautiful story.  This is truly a wonderful piece of art.  It would have been really hard to let her go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012 06:22:36 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and post pictures for my partner as she said she had problems with her camera.
I took a chance in making these as I'm not sure my partner would like it but I found the idea in a magazine with these little birdies on a quilt. I thought I would try to make a few try framing them.

She said she would like a mug rug so I made her two. I've never made mug rugs. These are really fun to do!

And lastly, my first embroidery project. She wanted something with one of the Hawaiian birds on it. The embroidered bird is a Hawaiian Red-Crested Cardinal. Learned a lot on this little project...after the fourth try. LOL! try something bigger next time!

And the necklace. There's a little sparrow in the frame. I used the new mod podge dimensional magic on it. That stuff is cool!
This was a fun swap to craft for!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 06:30:01 PM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012 07:34:27 PM »

I received from my partner this afternoon - Craftsunderground can craft - that is for sure!

Look at this wonderfulness - two wrapped packages and a bird -

The bird is made from a felted sweater - the wings and his tail are from the ribbed parts of the sweater, his beak is leather - so cool - He's chubby and sits atop a vintage "log" box - Craftsunderground and I are both avid thrift store junkies!  She found the log box at one of those shops.  She made the bird so he can sit on top of the log, or hang by himself - I like him on the log - so so wonderful!  She nailed the "PUT A BIRD ON IT" part of this swap in more ways than one.

Next - these beautiful tile coasters she made - lovely colors, and beautiful bird prints-

Aren't they great?!!!  I love them and they will be used in my living room.

Next, a knitted bag - with owls - button eyes!  This bag is the perfect shade of grey.

WITH THE PERFECT LINING - BRANCHES -

This bag is lovely, Craftsunderground - you rocked this swap for me!  I love everything.  Thank you so much.  I truly appreciate these things you crafted for me.

Cool Cheesy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Smmarrt

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012 09:21:53 PM »

Love the bird prints in the white frames. And the mug rugs. And the necklace and the embroidery - great job Sunflower.

And lucky you, fiddlegirl! The bag is divine and the little felted bird is super cute. Love how the ribbing of the sweater made the wings and tail.

Such a fun gallery. We may have to do this again....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012 09:41:10 PM »

I absolutely LLOOOOOVED everything from the swap package I received from SunflowerSmiles. Thank you so much for posting pictures. I can't believe I was stupid enough to RIP the battery out of my phone (The Verizon guy was impressed). Totally destroyed. lol

Everything is so me, even the green tissue paper it came wrapped in.

1. The two framed pieces are actually fabric with what looks like free hand stitching from the sewing machine on them. I know you were worried it might be too modern but I find them absolutely adorable. The frames help to make it more country too. That little curly-Q on the blue bird makes me want to pet it!

2. That little owl mug rug is so cute!! It looks young and confused to me for some reason. My favorite piece out of the whole package though probably has to be the mug rug with what I think are chickadees on the fabric. I can tell you really took the time to see what I like with that one. The fabric must have been a great find as it looks very similar to some of the things I had on Pinterest.

3. I am SO going to wear that necklace! I like that it's not completely clear and that the beads are nice and bright.

4. The embroidery hoop! OMG. I call those birds little red heads and they are so silly. You captured him so perfectly with his little butt up in the air and that beady little eye. It is only the second hoop I've ever received and I'm so excited to find a place for him up on the wall.

Grin

Thank you so much! I'm going to bring the mug rug with me to work tomorrow now that I don't have to worry about staining it before pictures. I'll try and get close ups of the stitching on some of the pieces when I have a phone again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2012 06:27:36 AM »

Wow! I usually don't like skeleton type crafts, but that piece by microjivvy is beautiful! Seriously! Normally I'd be like, "meh...it's ok, not me but I can see that she put a lot of work in it..." However, this is just stunning! I'd be thrilled to have something like that! She's beautiful!

Love the mug rugs, the cute little sweater bird (I'm going to steal that idea!), the framed birds, and the knitted bag. What a great gallery we have!

So I'll add to it now Smiley I received a great package from ollieorange.

Firstly, some lovely bird bags to help organize my purse. I hate having things scattered about and these will definitely come in handy.

Secondly, some bird notecards. These are so cute!

Lastly but not leastly, these wonderful bird etched jars. Can't you just see these filled with buttons? Or ribbon? Or markers? I love these!

Thank you ollieorange!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2012 09:35:56 AM »

What gorgeous packages.  To me, the skeleton looks like she is gracefully dancing.  I am loving all the birdy goodness I am seeing.  So fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2012 09:39:49 AM »

Wow, everything is so beautiful!  The skeleton reminds me of an old tale told by the inuits, about a girl that was washed out to sea, and a fisherman inadvertently brings her skeleton home w/him.  He carefully cleans her skeleton, and she comes back to life as the beautiful inuit girl she had once been.  I'm not big on skeletons, but, I would be proud to have her in my house!  She would have a special place of honor in my studio, so I could gaze upon her every day!  And, the bird box, I would definitely be keeping it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
At Home Remedy for a Flaky Scalp
Whitney Port Shares Her Hair Secrets
Ponytail 2008 Spring Trend
Jason Wu Hairstyle Trend - Fall 2009 Hairstyle
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...