so my darling daughter saw my owls jumper (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409126.0
) and decided she needed one
I agreed, told her to pick a yarn colour and I'd get right on it.
it's taken me 26 hours spread over about 2 weeks. it's been a long old slog because I've had so much other stuff to do! and I've also ended up with an extra ball of yarn (150yds!!) by accident. probably due to my terrible maths lol.
anyway, again bit props to Katie Davies for her wonderful Owlet/Owl designs.
the buttons haven't arrived yet. I waited to try and find the right ones for the job, ordered some and realised they were waaay too big so I'm swapping them. anyways....
so, problems I encountered:
1. my own inability to count lol.
2. having to rework 2 rows when I realised I'd made a mistake. it wouldn't have been much of a problem had it been in the straight forward stockinette section, but no. I had to buck the trend and mess up on the fricking cables. uuuurgh. but, that fixed (that added an hour and a half to the full make time) it was fine from there. even the wrap and turn stitches were easy, and I've realised that not only have I built brain and muscle memory with regards to super stretchy bind-offs and long-tail cast-ons, but also I can now remember how to do kitchener stitch without having to find a tutorial online or dig out my Socks book lol. I am officially a knitter.
child is incredibly happy. apologies for the mess in the room, as you can probably tell by the boxes, we're in the process of packing up for a move!
righteeho, time for me to go sand down my 6.5mm bamboo knitting needle. it's got a burr on it and keeps snagging.
here we go, buttons all sewn on now.