A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Meet Our 2Q2012 Home Sweet Home Featured Member - craftewoman!  (Read 3322 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_member  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 07, 2012 04:31:09 AM »

We've been inspired by her artistic and clever solutions to home repairs.  We're pleased to announce the 2Q2012 Home Sweet Home featured member is craftewoman!

Your "Bone" replacement faucet handles are such a clever solution to a common problem.  What was the biggest challenge in making them?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410404
The biggest challenge was making them the same size and shape. I started with aluminum foil as an armature, and was able to get them the right shape and size, but then as I added the clay they became too long, and I had to cut off the already baked clay and reform and add to it. I think if I were to do it again, I'd sacrifice some of the clay and use it as a two part mold. Making them look like bone was the resolution to them being less than perfect in shape.

Your Legend of Zelda mural was an adorable surprise, how was it received?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397623
I am told by her brother that she screamed and laughed when she walked into the room. When I asked her about how she liked it her eyes lit up and she smiled, saying that she loved Zelda.

What advice would you give to someone contemplating painting a mural?
Make a smaller version of what you want to make on the wall first, and then use large pieces of paper to draw the main subject matter on and then transfer with carbon paper onto the wall. There is an easier option of using an overhead projector, but I didn't have one of those laying around!

Your arched doorway repair, From Pow to WOW!, is so pretty.  Where did you get the inspiration?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386474
I used Pinterest to pin several carvings that I liked, whether they were architectural features or just carvings. I stumbled upon an article about how to make polymer clay look like wood, and I had my answer. The "carvings" didn't have to be very detailed, and the cruder they were, the more convincing they were that they were actually carved from wood, rather than sculpted from clay.

What is your favorite project on Craftster that's made by someone else?
There are so many inspired artisans that display their work here that it's difficult to choose, but one that has always stood out in my mind was the tree corset.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156988.0

On what other Craftster boards can we find items that you've posted?
I make a lot of dolls, so, the dolls and toys board is filled with my work and even some patterns that I've shared. I also cook gluten free, so, the cooking board has some stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012 05:08:12 AM »

Great choice. Congrats Craftewoman. I didn't know you did other stuff besides dolls. Thanks Craftster for this Feature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012 08:49:13 PM »

Great choice. Congrats Craftewoman. I didn't know you did other stuff besides dolls. Thanks Craftster for this Feature.
I do a little bit of everything. But I started making dolls earnestly when Ghilie offered up her Poppet pattern for free. The other stuff is my attempt at being a frugal and crafty stay at home Mom. I was as surprised as you were when I was interviewed for this feature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012 04:48:46 PM »

Well, I just have to reply again and BUMP THIS RIGHT UP TO THE TOP. Peeps, craftsters, look at this lady's body of work. You will be awestruck. Just sayin. Love you craftewoman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
selenavaz
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012 09:32:01 PM »

Great work Craftewomen, I really liked your work, the arched doorway is looking beautiful. You must upload some more designs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
100Daiz
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012 09:27:13 PM »

Big Congratulation from newbie..its party time... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Eyes
How to Draw Taz from the Looney Tunes
How to Draw Big Bird from Sesame Street
The New Camera Raw in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Spider Monkey from Ben 10 Alien Force
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...