A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet Mini Swap Round Four Gallery  (Read 7157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012 12:23:17 PM »

Pua I wanted to let you know I dont have a pool, or lake near by but I have a tub and my mom has a pool for them. Lol your daughter is so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012 01:09:36 PM »

YAY! warpedhooker received! I'll wait for her to post then add some action shots of my own  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012 06:55:56 PM »

Well, I can see why you needed some extra time, Su- SO YOU COULD CREATE AWESOMENESS! Seriously, I cannot believe how detailed each and every one of them are!

And IsikkahJai, your love for men in kilts is amazing! I actually just finished rereading one of my favourite book series and the main male character is known for his kilt-wearing (the Shift series by Jeri Smith-Ready- I highly recommend it!)... Wink I've always been too intimidated to make a poppet with a beard because I wasn't quite sure how to place it, but I will def use him as a guideline!

Sunflowersmiles, does the pillow(?) Sharalee sent you have a faerie on it? If so, I've been coveting that fabric forever at the store- I should probably take the plunge already! Wink Does your poppet go with the faerie theme?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012 07:29:30 PM »

Sunflowersmiles, does the pillow(?) Sharalee sent you have a faerie on it? If so, I've been coveting that fabric forever at the store- I should probably take the plunge already! Wink Does your poppet go with the faerie theme?

The little pillow does have a faerie on it! It's super cute fabric. I've never seen this type of fabric before. Shari said she picked it up (the pillow) at a little shop so I figured it was a specialty type of fabric and not found in fabric stores. You've found fabric like it?  Yes! you SHOULD take the plunge!! It's adorable fabric. Grin

Does your poppet go with the faerie theme?
.  Indeed! She has cute little wings on the back. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012 08:40:29 AM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012 07:51:06 AM »

Those Mermaids are adorable!! Love all their hair! Their eyes are so cool!! Fantastic Job!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012 10:55:40 AM »

Wow... guess I forgot to post when the gallery opened because I came in to put up pics and there are THREE PAGES! LOL! What awesomeness, and the extras -- no wonder we all took so long! Wink I seriously love them all - ALL! We have an amazing group this summer!

oh my! they're wonderful!  the hair is so cool!  Looks like they came up right out of the sea to spend time with your family.  Nice job Sue!  they're beautimus!

Thanks Mer - I'm gonna have to swap you the mermaid tail pattern for your wing pattern. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
puamelia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012 11:03:15 AM »

Pua I wanted to let you know I dont have a pool, or lake near by but I have a tub and my mom has a pool for them. Lol your daughter is so cute.
Hehe I'll let her know. She loves the pics you posted - the surprised looks are priceless! BTW, the she made the fish - we sat together at the machine and she stuffed it herself, then I sewed it shut. I'll tell her it's the boy's pet now.

Well, I can see why you needed some extra time, Su- SO YOU COULD CREATE AWESOMENESS! Seriously, I cannot believe how detailed each and every one of them are!

Aw *blush* it's only what they demand of me hehehe!

And Sunflower Smiles - I'd love to see the fairy pattern, do you have a better pic?

Those Mermaids are adorable!! Love all their hair! Their eyes are so cool!! Fantastic Job!! Shocked
Thanks Sharalee! The list of requests included painted eyes and full hair, and the colors: a "peacock" palette, mostly pink, and they also liked baby blue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012 11:20:46 AM »

Pua--I posted a better..well..the best I could get on this cloudy dark day, of the fabric with the faerie! I LOVE the fabric!
I would love to swap patterns!!  The faerie wings are pretty easy although I broke a few needles and it scares the pants off you when it happens, still really easy. I was wanting to try Angelina fibers but didn't want to wait for them to be mailed to me. Angelina fibers are a type of plasticy fiber you iron into wing shapes. Really pretty stuff. I hope to try that on my next one. I had a poppet all cut out and ready to be stuffed and the disappearing reappearing ink ruined it..I have some plans for that poppet. Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
puamelia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012 12:26:57 PM »

Okiedokie.... So Beth told me the DC said the package came so my younger daughter and I ran off to the post office Saturday morning.

We picked up the box, brought it home and opened it with my older daughter. We knew there was something in there for each of us Wink

The box:

First one out, the Rapunzel Cupcake for my 5yo, by request. Now she wants a dress just like that!

Next, the Green Fairy for my 3yo. She named her Tinkerbell. She has temporarily (?) replaced her teddy lol!

and the back - detachable wings!

Then for me, a mini-me! or a mini-me-wannabe... for when I grow up, I wannabe a nurse!

She even came with a little stand!

Details of hat, hairdo, shoes & undies! BTW, they all have crochet undies lol!

...and all together now...

Thank you Beth!!! Everyone is so happy here! I have to bring the RN to the hospital and show my nurses! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012 12:36:21 PM »

Pua--I posted a better..well..the best I could get on this cloudy dark day, of the fabric with the faerie! I LOVE the fabric!
I would love to swap patterns!!  The faerie wings are pretty easy although I broke a few needles and it scares the pants off you when it happens, still really easy. I was wanting to try Angelina fibers but didn't want to wait for them to be mailed to me. Angelina fibers are a type of plasticy fiber you iron into wing shapes. Really pretty stuff. I hope to try that on my next one. I had a poppet all cut out and ready to be stuffed and the disappearing reappearing ink ruined it..I have some plans for that poppet. Grin 

Thanks, that is so cool! Yeah, I broke a few needles sewing wire into the seams of the poppet's tail, so I know what scary means hehe. Freaked me out. I've seen something about angelina fiber once - pretty stuff! Can't wait to see what you do with the disappearing ink poppet! I'll go back thru my stuff on the worktable and put together something about the tail modifications.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Cornrow Hair - Invert Cornrow
Learn how to Cornrow Hair - Sectioning and Planning the Style
How to Cornrow Hair
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Modifying the Curly Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Competing the Curly Look
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...