A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: making a model helicarrier  (Read 836 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mking52

I love my baby girl

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2012 05:15:45 PM »

My husband and I want to make our son a toy helicarrier for his toys from Super Hero Squad. The one that they sell in stored is $75 and very small. we are hoping to make a bigger one that all of his little toys can go on an and maybe in.

Any help would be awesome.

below is what we want to make for him well a link to my photo gallery and its the only picture in there....

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=301807

Modified:

My husband said to put how big we want it which makes sense. He wants it to be 25" by 13" or so. He has a construction background. so the building materials can be almost anything we are just wondering what ideas others have. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012 05:31:15 PM by mking52 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012 08:27:45 AM »

I think modding a plastic boat might be the way to go, just because of the shape of the hull. I remember having a GIJoe attack boat that was similarly shaped, but with the deck accoutrements of a destroyer. It was 18 or 20 inches long and only 10 or so wide. Maybe a 30 inch GIJoe aircraft carrier would work better for you.  This 31 inch aircraft carrier looks really good, too.

Adding the dome, turbines and other goodies will take some creative scavenging. You can ask at the local dump or recycling facility (or if the bins are accessible for public drop-offs, just poke around!), or simply wander up and down the streets and pick through people's recycling on garbage day. Keep gloves in your car, too, because you never know when you'll drive by the perfect bit of something. If you decide to collect all the materials firsthand, it may take longer and cost more. Imagine yourself squealing in the grocery store about the perfect container to turn into X Tongue

Other useful store-bought stuff might be balsa wood, craft foam, tinted plastic sheet (like document folders), air dry modeling clay, hot glue, PVA glue, modeling paints, acrylic paint, acrylic sealant, ink/bubble jet printable sticker sheets (or get stickers colour laser printed at a copy shop), styrofoam "shapes" (balls, cones, cyclinders, etc)... Definitely have a look around dollar stores and discount stores in both the crafting and toy sections.

Hope that was helpful Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Different Side of Judas Iscariot
The Tucci Cookbook: Cooking at Home With Stanley Trailer
Power Concedes Nothing Book Overview
Truth in Advertizing Book Launch Party at Mother New York
Unexpected Gifts Book Trailer by Chris Heuertz
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...