A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Herb Garden project  (Read 13137 times)
Tags for this thread: raised_bed_garden , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2012 , herb  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seabound23
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012 07:14:36 AM »

This is AWESOME! I've been yearning to make a little herb garden, and this may be a solution for me.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012 04:19:38 PM »

How wonderful!! I want one at my house! It would be perfect for our pet friendly yard Smiley. Thank you for the marvelous idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012 11:22:15 AM »

Great job Steve! I really like this project and you could also use recycled items like old screens and wood from other projects to cut down on the cost.
I labeled this a "this rocks" project!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss World
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012 03:52:48 AM »

This is just perfect! Enjoy your herb garden ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elyxandra
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012 09:59:03 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing this!

I showed it to my boyfriend - he's been scheming for the better part of a year as to how to keep the squirrels out of his garden, and I think an adaptation on this system would be perfect (and a whole lot easier/affordable than his original idea of building a chain link enclosure).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

txweekendchef
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012 11:50:29 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing this!

I showed it to my boyfriend - he's been scheming for the better part of a year as to how to keep the squirrels out of his garden, and I think an adaptation on this system would be perfect (and a whole lot easier/affordable than his original idea of building a chain link enclosure).

I think this could work against squirrels, but if the squirrel really wants in might you might have to add some hardware cloth to keep him from gnawing through the screen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steve from Cowtown (Fort Worth)
My Weekend Chef Facebook page
kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012 04:30:16 PM »

This is awesome! We've been having bad luck with critters eating our swiss chard no matter how much we fight them off. I think this would be a perfect solution for our chard next year. Thanks for sharing such a great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarachk
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012 11:13:08 AM »

(ROCKED!) I emailed this to myself so I may complete my drooling session this evening. This is seriously drool-worthy. I Loooooooooove what you built here. If I wasn't busy building bunny hutches (4ft by 8ft x 6+ feet LARGE bunny hutches) I might just get on building one of these babies for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
txweekendchef
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012 06:49:43 AM »

(ROCKED!) I emailed this to myself so I may complete my drooling session this evening. This is seriously drool-worthy. I Loooooooooove what you built here. If I wasn't busy building bunny hutches (4ft by 8ft x 6+ feet LARGE bunny hutches) I might just get on building one of these babies for myself!

Wow, sounds like you have some Texas sized bunnies! Looks like your equipped to mass produce some of these. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

txweekendchef
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012 03:19:39 PM »

Herb garden update, I found some adjustable drip heads at Lowe's that I replaced the original drip heads that came with the solar watering system. Now I can vary which plants gets more or less water. Smiley It was something like $3 for 5 heads, so not much of a price increase... Although I am also thinking about getting a rain barrel, I saw some at Tuesday Morning for around $60. If I get it that will be another big price increase for those $2 plants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Project Cain Book Trailer
Geoffrey Girard Explains Cain’s Blood
Christopher Rice: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: What Are You Reading?
Architect’s Suburban Home Haven For City Artists
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...