A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kenmore 385.15108200 Review  (Read 1892 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine_review  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2012 09:06:14 AM »

Here's a bad picture of the old girl.

DSCF1923 by jungrrl, on Flickr

Brand: Kenmore

Model: 385.15108200

Year: Unsure. Maybe 2003?

Cost: It was a gift but I believe it originally cost around $100

How long have you had the machine? Since maybe 2003.

Is it a basic sewing machine, serger, or embroidery machine? Pretty basic sewing machine.

What are your favorite features? I really like the stitch dial. Smiley

What are some of the unique features it has? It doesn't really have any unique features. Cheesy It's pretty basic. It does have buttonhole settings and a buttonhole foot which is nice but I don't think unique. It does zigzag and has a reverse button and has few "fancy" stitches... I think that's about it?

How well does it run? I think it runs really well but I have limited experience with other machines!

Has it ever broken or needed maintenance you couldn't do yourself? It's never broken or needed maintenance!

What are your least favorite features? I don't necessarily have least favorite features since the machine doesn't really have a ton of features! My complaint and the reason why I'll get a new machine is that it doesn't go through as many layers of fabric as I need. I'm trying to make some weekenders and my poor baby just CANNOT put together the outside, it's simply too much. (Just so you know the putting together the outside of a weekend entails 6 pieces of home dec weight fabric, folded bias tape, 6 pieces of interfacing, and heavy peltex and cording very, very close to where you're stitching sometimes getting caught up in your stitches unless you're amazing and perfect! It's a LOT to ask of a machine.)

Would you recommend this machine to a friend? This has been a GREAT first machine and it's been able to do pretty much everything I've needed. I know there are fancier and better machines but I really think this is a great basic machine that I would recommend to anyone starting out! 

I feel like I didn't get everything in here that I needed so definitely feel free to ask any questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Nino
How to Draw Ben 10 Alien Force Spidermonkey
How to Draw Natsu Dragneel
How to Draw Mashiro
How to Draw Maruga
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...