A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 2718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 02, 2012 01:18:24 PM »

Swap name: July Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 2 July 2012 to 31 July 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the June swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410879.0 Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim and send.  Also send a PM to the organizer and your sender when you receive.  You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims.  Please include the swap name and month in your subject line!  Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from.  If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: July Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 03:03:53 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012 01:20:50 PM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swap Participants
(3) Jexxican 4/0/4
(2) Pollyprissypants 2/0/2
(1) fishstix43 2/0/2
(2) bunny1kenobi 1/0/1
(1) CamOovas 1/0/1
(2) Velvet Rose 2/0/2
(2) littlebluegirl 2/0/2

(2) Becreddick 2/1/1
(2) Koreena 1/0/1
(1) Annchen 1/0/1

ANGEL rhymeswithorange

Claims
Sent
Received

Due July 17th
fishstix43 --> jexxican for Mario perler beads magnets
bunny1kenobi --> jexxican for peacock note cards

Due July 18th
pollyprissypants --> jexxican for some Vick's shower disc thingies

Due July 20th
Velvet Rose --> bunny1kenobi  - supplies package

Due July 26th
Becreddick --> Velvet Rose for drawstring bags and supplies

Due July 28th
jexxican --> bunny1kenobi for some photo-booth props
jexxican --> pollyprissypants for a big hoop!

Due July 29th
Koreena --> fishstix43 for one t-shirt & some Star Trek pint glasses

Due July 30th
littlebluegirl --> Velvet Rose for chunky flower brooch.
CamOovas --> Koreena for some wall art/home decor
Velvet Rose --> becreddick for a pinterest surprise
fishstix43 --> pollyprissypants for wool dryer balls and some bracelets

Due August 1st
Littlebluegirl --> becreddick for a mug cosy
Becreddick --> Little Blue Girl, for a Rainbow Zippered Pouch. and some button related goodies.

Due August 7th
Annchen --> littlebluegirl for a rainbow surprise

Due August 14th
PollyPrissyPants --> CamOovas for a knit cowl
Jexxican --> Annchen for a hoop
Jexxican --> Koreena for a hoop! or something
Winner of this month's giveaway: FISHSTIX43!

Angel
rhymeswithorange --> littlebluegirl
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012 03:29:07 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012 01:31:57 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a new baby. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do. Here is the link to my Pinterest board specifically for my kids, though I'm sure you can find inspiration for them on some of my other boards as well: http://pinterest.com/jexxican/little-people/ Need info for sizing or anything just ask!

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican
Also, stamps are cool but I've been pinning stamp ideas to the "To be made for me, by me" board specifically for the Stamp swap, just so you know.

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. The board "Nerdery" is all about him. I think that's all there is to us. Feel free to be inspired to create for any of us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012 07:09:24 PM »

Hey all! I'm Andrea, from the Houston area of Texas. Summer is my favorite crafting time- it's too darn hot here to do anything else!

All of my boards are open, feel free to choose anything you like (except the stuff marked with Peanut). 'Based on' items are fine, too. I don't have any kids, but I do have a niece- anything marked with Peanut in the description is for her, and I'd prefer to craft those items myself. Supplies are fine, too- I have a soft spot in my heart for handmade yarn (and really, who doesn't?)

I teach, so if you feel like making posters of any of the sayings on there for my classroom, feel free!

Excited to be aboard, looking forward to a great month of crafting awesomeness! Exclamatory sentences all over my bio!

If you need sizes or color preferences or whathaveyou, just pm me!

http://pinterest.com/culver1culver/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012 06:00:23 AM »

Hi!  I’m Alicia!  I live in Madison, WI, USA.

I’m a chemistry grad student, and I live with my boyfriend and his crazy cat, and my new dog!

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues and greens), argyle, anything food or cooking related, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, video games (Luigi is my favorite!), BOOKS (fantasy FTW), faeries, Ireland, and RPG’s

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (it’s fine in small amounts, just don’t generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

All my boards are technically fair game, though the only ones really useful for this swap are “Generally Crafty” through “Crafts for DJ” (though if anyone is a B&B crafter, “Makeup and Such” would be fair game as well!”)  I’m not very picky about exactly replicating anything, or even just making something tangentially inspired by one of my pins is probably fine!  I’m always happy to give sizes or additional preferences; just PM me!

I would love an all supplies package, and I have a couple of boards that are only supply type stuff!

I’ll try to keep adding things as the month goes on, but my list is here:  http://pinterest.com/fishstix43/

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 07:54:31 AM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012 07:53:04 AM »

Hi, Im Deanna and I live in sunny AZ!  Im excited to be able to play this month and Im looking forward to stalking everybodys boards!

If you choose to claim me, most of my boards are suitable, and use any you like for inspiration (exact replicas not required).  The ones that probably wont be much help to you are Upholstery Fabric, How Bizarre, The Best Medicine, For Me?, My Craftiness is Showing, Im An Artist Heres my Card, Someday Grandbabies, Gift & Swap creation  Inspiration (this is for things I'd give to others, not things I want myself), and my food boards.  

My kids would also be happy with goodies "Gifts for my kiddos" is where to look for ideas for them.  Im starting the Christmas preparations earlier this year!  If there is a * in front of the notes, it means some kind soul has already made that item.  Because my kids pin their own wishes on there, coming out and saying I got one will give away the Christmas surprise!   (If some kind soul would be willing to make my son or hubby the bearded beanie on this board, they would be sooooooooo thrilled!  My son's 24, so you'd need a man-sized pattern, with sandy brown beard. Hubby has dark brown almost black. Thanks!)

If you need sizes or additional info, please let me know.  

Supply  items gladly received!  I have a board for that, actually  

No allergies, but Im not a big fan of cigarette smoke aroma.  My husband is EXTREMELY allergic to rabbits.  If you have rabbits, please don't claim me unless you have washed your hands thoroughly before crafting, and the clothing you are wearing and the crafting items you are using have either never been anywhere near a rabbit, or have been washed since coming anywhere near a rabbit.  (hope that didn't sound rude... he's REALLY allergic -can't even be within 10 feet of one  )
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 07:55:26 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012 04:28:44 PM »

ABOUT ME

Hello, my name's Wendy and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I am currently studying design, and hope to end up working in sustainable interior styling or product design (I would love to design craft products!).

I have dabbled in many crafts over the years, but my current obsession is paper crafts/altered art. I LOVE Tim Holtzs work and was privileged to meet him recently (and receive a tag he made in a demo).

My Pinterest boards which relate to this swap are the  Craft Supplies Wish List and Crafted Items Wish List, but the other boards give an idea about my style and interests.

I like bold, chunky jewellery made out of natural materials such as metal, agate, glass, wood. I mainly wear black, chocolate brown or grey, accented with red, purple, or magenta.

I like pinky reds, purples, black, beiges & browns and earthy greens. I dislike blue, mint and dark green, peach, yellow, orange, lavender, as well as cutesy, country, checks, spots, stripes, skulls. My favourite patterns are modern leaf prints, printed damask and William Morris designs.

I love natural fibers and fabrics (cotton, wool, silk, linen) and would prefer not to receive anything in polyester, acrylic or other synthetics.

I would really LOVE a supplies package..but please only send the items/brands I have requested as I am trying to destash. Thanks

Please PM me if you have any questions.

http://pinterest.com/WendyBurgess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012 11:49:19 PM »

Hello, I'm Mercedes and I'm in northern Wisconsin.   I have two dogs and two cats, two rats (new! they need stuff!) no allergies.

I love fiber but NOT yarn.  I don't knit or crochet, so I am very impressed by yarny things.  I love absolutely anything in miniature form. Seriously, anything.  I am currently working on a couple mini houses (like half-scale or smaller, but I'm not picky about scale) and hoarding everything tiny that I can find.  I also love wall art, especially things in abnormal sizes- I'm a huge fan of 5-6" squares, especially in sets of three.  Is that odd?  Anyway, I like earthy/natural colors but unless it's for clothing or something, I'm not too picky.  I don't really like busy patterns, flower prints, neon, or pastel. 

My Pinterest is huge so I will try to be specific   Useful boards:
"Pretty things-" for wall art/photography/inspiration
"Tiny things-" Mini things I like and inspiration
"Mini house-" Mini themes and ideas that I would like to include in current or upcoming projects
"Better homes and gardens-" Mostly ourdoor/yardy inspiration
"Yarny things I want-" Pretty self explanatory. Make me anything inspired by this board and you will be my best friend.
"Home decor-"  Self explanatory
"Handmade stuff I want-" general lovely craftiness
"Palletize"- If you dare!  You might have trouble fitting these projects in the mail though....
"Wishlist-" Mostly non-crafted things, but feel free to use it for inspiration
"Crafty inspiration"- Stuff I like and I might make if I ever feel so inspired, but I would also love to receive.
"Make my cat" - Make my cat. Smiley She has huge paws and green eyes, all white
"for the critters"- mostly so far only for the rats.  I'm building them a cage but they need nice things.
"My imaginary style pinboard-"  As stated, this is mostly stuff I love but would never *actually* wear.  But some of it I might.  So if you really feel inspired by something on this board, check with me first

Everything else probably isn't super relevant to crafting.  I don't really like stuff with words/quotes on it even though I have (at least) a whole board of that.  The "pin me something" board is one that I share with my friends so that we can share ideas/mock each other.

http://pinterest.com/camoovas/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Becreddick
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012 01:57:07 AM »

Hi. Im Bec! I have been counting down the days until I have been a member for a month so I can register for this swap!! Yay, very excited!  Grin

I live in Perth western Australia, I have a husband (who love DVD's of Michael Cain and Dr Who) A little girls named Emelia who is about to turn 2, and loves all things pretend! She loves to be a little mummy, 2 cats and 1 dog :-) No allergies  Cheesy

I love Sewing, and love receiving all things sewing. I am currently learning to crochet, but am not very good at it, so far I can make a granny square  Wink I scrapbook, make jewlery and do all things papercraft.

I LOVE hoops, crochet doileys, Art for my sewing room wall, anything for my little girl, and well really anything!!

My pinterest board is really quite big, so I have gone through all of my albums and put anything I would really LOVE into this album - http://pinterest.com/becreddick/someone-pleasssse-make-for-me/ but please feel free to make anything from any album! exact replicas are not required.

I mainly wear black, grey, red, purple and green. I love big earings, and long dangly necklaces. 

this is the link to my pinterest board

http://pinterest.com/becreddick/

excited!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins :-)

Practice random acts of crafting

my pinterest; http://pinterest.com/becreddick/
Koreena

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012 10:00:08 AM »

Hello everyone  Grin

I'm so excited to join you for this swap!  My name is Koreen & I live near Niagara Falls in Canada.  **I have an American PO Box for swapping with people from the US**

I am mom to a giant boy who is about to come to school at the university where I work.  My job is to provide "cultural activities" for students who have come to Canada to learn English & it suits my absolute love of learning about other cultures perfectly.

My current obsessions include playing roller derby (go Niagara Roller Girls!), all things crafty, spending time with family & friends, and relaxing with a good book or movie when I have some spare time. Which is almost never haha.

I am allergic to dust, mold & cigarette smoke, but don't think that those things should really affect what I receive...  I don't have any pets at home, but often spend time/craft at my SO's house and he has a cat.

All boards on my Pinterest are fair game and supplies are great Smiley  Boards that will probably be easiest to claim from are: "I want these things. Bad", "Decor Ideas", "Things I want to make (or have made for me)", "Crafty Supplies I need" and "Jewelry".

I love blues above all but like most colours except for pastels and neons.  I love bracelets, earrings & necklaces and silver is my preferred metal...  Hand stamped charms are amazing, if you ask me.

My apartment is sadly boring when it comes to decoration... You know that place you decide to live 'for a little while' and don't really make it home?  Well, I've been there 4 years now... Think some wall art or hoops to start a hoopla wall would be pretty awesome.   I love trees, words & quotes, birds, books, silver, retro/pin-up images...  There's really not much I don't love.

I guess that's enough about me for now!  Questions about sizing or specifics for projects are welcome Smiley

Have a great day everyone!
 K>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To: Celebrity Hairstyles By Famous Stylist on Celebrity Wire
Wedding Hairstyle Ideas
Pre-wedding Hair Treatment Tips
Top Wedding Hair Advice
How to Create an 'Up Do' Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...