A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me where you craft! Ideas for craft/office space needed.  (Read 748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SuzyScissor
« on: July 02, 2012 11:02:54 AM »

Please share pictures of your craft space.  Smiley What is the one thing you wish you had? Is there anything you would have done differently in setting up your space?
I need ideas please! My boyfriend recently moved into my house and we converted one of the bedrooms into an office for him.  So I had to give up my bachlorette ways, and make room for him (suprisingly he doesn't think the sewing machine should live on the kitchen table).  So I've been doing some major purging and now need to set up my workspace/office/woman cave to accommodate my ADD crafting~hopefully on a small budget to boot!
I'm thinking of getting rid of the oversized desk and using a 50" long countertop I took out during the bath remodel as a work table. But what should I do about the sink hole in the middle of it? I put shelving in the closet for storage. But can't decide if I should leave the sliding doors on, or maybe make a large curtain for the opening.  
So bring on the ideas and inspiration because I'm stuck on what to do.  Huh
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012 03:10:54 PM by SuzyScissor » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012 12:19:21 PM »

What a great idea for a thread!  You'll find a lot of inspiration here, as well.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=craftroom

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=craft_room
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SuzyScissor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012 06:30:17 PM »

Thanks for sharing the links, some awesome inspiration out there. I tried searching, but a lot of posts have both "craft" & "room." I didn't think to search tags, noob mistake.  Embarrassed
I'd like to put in a comfy place to sit, but still don't know how much work surface I want.  Should I have a place to keep the sewing machine set-up if I only use it for a couple of times a month? Or should I store it out of the way until I need it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yizzimindi
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012 08:15:35 PM »

I would suggest using the sink hole as a bin drop, put the bin underneath and have it hidden away but still be able to use it. Bookcases are a good way to get a lot of storage and you can use old drawers or baskets to keep small things tidy. You can pick these up for free sometimes off the side of the road. Choose a colour or theme to decorate your space to make it neater and more appealing. You will feel less creative when your space is a jumbled mess! I find that it's easier to have my sewing machine out, but only because if I don't I fill up the space for it with junk and when I want to get it out there's no room for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzyScissor
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012 11:03:04 AM »

Thanks Yizzimindi. I have one bookcase in there now, and another one in the basement that just needs a fresh coat of paint, and we had an extra dresser I've put in there.  I've been hard at work and have a workable space now. It's amazing how good it feels to have someplace to create, each thing I get done wants me to do something else.  Grin
I decided to take the doors off the closet, it opens the space nicely. I moved the clothing hanging rod to re-use to hang an old tablecloth as a curtain.  I also moved a small love seat from the porch in there. The cushions need some love but in the meantime I've piled old pillows on it to make it more comfy. 

Another question, I've used old baby food jars from Freecycle to sort my beads, what's the best way to store the jars? Right now they're in a dresser drawer, but it's hard to see what's in them.  I have wall shelves I can scavage from around the house...any other ideas? (I'll try and post pictures when I get to a real computer!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chocolate Salami
How to Make Halloween Themed Carrot Cakes
Cute Kids Halloween Snack: Vampire Donuts
How to Make Homemade Gourmet Chocolate Bars
How to Make Bloody Marshmallows for Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...