A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Pieces R6 : send by August 20  (Read 16152 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kimchery
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012 04:29:10 PM »

Thanks for the tip Smmarrt!  I've got a bin all set out patiently waiting for theme-like inspiration and future arriving puzzle pieces.

Excited about all my partners!  Hey partners!

and ... yikes. I don't even have a puzzle yet.  I saw a few last night, but I'm not sure which I should get.  Too bad most of the puzzles don't have a sample piece shown on the box.  I'd like to get a 48 piece, but I'm concerned the pieces will be too small for anyone to go too crazy altering.

And if anyone has any tips, I say throw 'em up here.  I'm not the only first timer, I'm sure there's a few more.  And I like hearing about someone else's method of doing things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012 05:02:50 PM »

I'd like to get a 48 piece, but I'm concerned the pieces will be too small for anyone to go too crazy altering.

And if anyone has any tips, I say throw 'em up here.  I'm not the only first timer, I'm sure there's a few more.  And I like hearing about someone else's method of doing things.

Seeuudee had a puzzle with tiny tiny pieces and she taped a few together to make one larger piece that she then mailed out.  You could think about doing that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
pilarfarmer
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2012 07:02:18 PM »

thanks for the tip smmart that's a good idea. i made my own puzzle from a template i found online. because it is my first altered puzzle swap i wanted a completed puzzle at the end of the swap. i could'nt find a small enough puzzle (i wanted 12 peices or less). the pieces are pretty large so plenty of room to decorate. i am so excited to start this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
kriSmith
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2012 07:12:46 PM »

One round someone had really small pieces. They were intimidating, but they were my favorites. Of course hers were do what ever you want to them, which made it easier, but the small pieces aren't that bad. I had covered mine with paper before and I learned the new idea of painting them. Now I paint them before I add the paper because it's easier and looks neater. A small puzzle piece is comparable to an inchie. I also had the connected ones, and those were nice because they were a bigger palette. This is my favorite swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
CDEeeek
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2012 07:29:56 PM »

So exciting!! I have the 48 piece puzzle, I thought they'd be really small, but they have plenty of room to decorate. If that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
kriSmith
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012 08:15:27 PM »

Ohhhhh and if you have small pieces you could connect three pieces rather than two or one and they would be odd shaped puzzle pieces. Those could turn out very unique!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
Poison_Of_Gull

Crafting is in my blood and glitter is in my soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2012 10:35:02 PM »

The puzzle I got is 24 pieces... but it came in a wooden box with four puzzles all 24 pieces... I guess there are a lot of puzzle swaps in my future.  Cheesy 

On another note, I am SUPER excited!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for wrist watches or old clocks. Broken or working, doesn't matter! I will swap anything you would like.
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012 07:38:54 AM »

I put my puzzle together but I'm thinking I might look for another one for this swap. So excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2012 11:45:41 AM »

I think I'm going to go for the 48 piece one.  Today, most likely.

Now, I've seen lots of 'lenticular' puzzles.  The ones that I saw that were 48 pieces were lenticular.  I think that means after you put it together you can tilt it and it shows a different image?  In that case, it has that plastic coating....  Is this something I should avoid, since they will be altered anyway?  I don't think it would matter, but I might as well throw the question out there since I barely have any idea of what I'm doing.

Loving the themes I've seen from my partners.  I've been doing constant brainstorming. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2012 01:29:02 PM »

I think I'm going to go for the 48 piece one.  Today, most likely.

Now, I've seen lots of 'lenticular' puzzles.  The ones that I saw that were 48 pieces were lenticular.  I think that means after you put it together you can tilt it and it shows a different image?  In that case, it has that plastic coating....  Is this something I should avoid, since they will be altered anyway?  I don't think it would matter, but I might as well throw the question out there since I barely have any idea of what I'm doing.

Loving the themes I've seen from my partners.  I've been doing constant brainstorming. 

Yes, that's what lenticular means. I'm not sure how it would effect altering. I guess it depends on what your partners want to do to alter it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese from Scratch
Texas Barbecue Meal Recipe
How to Make July 4th Cupcakes
How to Bake a Flag Cake
How to Make a Fried Onion Blossom
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...