A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2012 Birthday Swap - Join ALL Month!  (Read 3823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 01, 2012 12:53:10 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410823.0

Swap name: June 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: July 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410823.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put July Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"July Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by July 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: July 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410823.0  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- July 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409423.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

April 2012 Birthday List
April 2012 Birthday Swap Gallery
May 2012 Birthday List
May 2012 Birthday Swap Gallery
June 2012 Birthday List
June 2012 Birthday Gallery

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 04:38:09 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012 03:59:15 PM »

Birthday Swappers
calluna FOC - July 4 - (0,0,2) receiving 4 gifts
fishstix43 FOC- July 14 - (0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
mom2em - July 27 - (0,0,1) receiving 2 gifts
mom24boyz FOC- July 20 - (0,0,1) receiving 2 gifts
chughes225 FOC - July 2 - (0,1,1) receiving 3 gifts
Jen Sews - July 9 - (0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
dreadlocklove FOC - July 12 - (0,0,1) receiving 3 gifts

Non-Birthday Swappers
TroubleT (0,0,1) thank you received!
Avesthel (0,0,4) thank you received!
patty_o_furniture (0,0,1)
alwaysinmyroom (0,0,0)

Claims

Send by July 16

calluna to mama24boyz for yarn and an "UP" hoop
mama24boyz to fishstix43 for a Mario ami

July 17
mom2em to calluna for an altoid tin survival kit and notecards
chughes225 to fishstix43 for a Pinterest surprise

July 18
fishstix43 to Jen Sews for a fabric bowl

July 19
TroubleT to dreadlocklove for jam jar bonnets
Jen Sews to chughes225 for a pillow for her couch
dreadlocklove to calluna for Reusable Twist Ties, Sari Silk Yarn, and Something promoting healing and well-being

July 20
Avesthel to calluna for a pearl or faux-pearl finish accessories
Avesthel to dreadlocklove for artwork
chughes225 to Jen sews for *Any art featuring sun and moon themes

July 24
Jen sews to fishstix43 for some crafty books

July 25
calluna to dreadlocklove for handspun yarn

July 30
fishstix43 to mama24boyz for wool dryer balls and a pinterest surprise

Aug 2
avesthel to chughes225 -- pinterest surprise  

Aug 4
patty_o_furniture to chughes225 for a keychain and geeky surprises

Aug 6
Avesthel to mom2em - Pinterest surprise

Aug 9
alwaysinmyroom to calluna for a surprise
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012 02:24:18 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012 08:23:10 PM »

Hello all, Im Heather, in California, turning 32 on July 4th!  Please, in the name of all things sacred, do not send me something red-white-and-blue, 4th-of-July, or USA-themed -- I've always been inundated with these!  Smiley

Having no space of my own right now, I have to keep my belongings to a minimum and thus prefer small-sized and functional things...though I count as functional anything that inspires or cheers me.  Wink I like reuse, repurposing and upcycling, so I'm happy receiving clean used materials. I need to avoid: cig smoke, THC residue, mold/mildew. I have no piercings, and no noteworthy collections or fan-doms. Its blisteringly hot here in July, so I suggest not sending melty things.

Surprises welcome! My Craftster profile has lots of info and links. I'm always changing/evolving (I'll probably edit this post 100 times during the course of the month...), so don't feel limited by any of it; I often don't know what I like until it's in my hands.  Smiley

Thank you alwaysinmyroom for claiming me for a surprise!!

My wishlist (not in any order of preference) :

Crafted:

Mixed Media
- sweater chain, with reclaimed materials
- one of those beaded wrap bracelets. Another tutorial, and an exceptionally pretty example, is here.
- An emergency candle in an Altoids-type tin
- an altered tin, such as those in the altered tin swaps
- any kind of Altoid tin survival kit (survival could be defined as broadly and creatively as you like, from First Aid to crafting to dealing with annoying people.) Thanks mom2em! I'll keep this up as an option, since no 2 survival kits would probably be the same (and no harm done if they were).
- an interestingly decorated USB flash/jump drive
- a pearl or faux-pearl finish accessory, white, off-white, or ivory range. this hair clip is one nice option, or the Fused Bubble-Wrap Necklace, with a chain that isn't shiny. Thank you Avesthel!

Yarny
- a delicate, dark-colored (or any shade of brown) snood (here is one)
- plarn flip-flops
- a tiny amigurumi animal, or a tiny (but realistic) needle-felted one
- something inspired by my Ravelry favorites (most of these are larges, but I may as well mention it, since I'm fairly useless in knitting and crochet.)

Sewn
- fabric headphone-pad covers for big headphones (Ill send measurements).
- reusable bowl cover
- reusable fabric twist ties Thank you dreadlocklove!
- something like what is being made in the Felt Badge Swaps; can be anything as long as its small.
- I'll never turn down handmade clothing of any kind, especially reconstructed garments
- something made from a colorful vintage bedsheet or pillowcase. Even just a hemmed square is fine.

Needlework
- a small Teesha Moore-ish embellished square that I can sew onto my own larger project.
- a rather small embroidery or cross-stitch patch, not in a hoop, doesn't need proper "finishing"
- embroidery on a shirt. Mens small or womens fitted medium.

Papercraft
- A tiny book (can be filled or blank)
- notecards I can send with swap packages; they dont have to be ornate or professional-looking. definitely dont go out and spend money on actual card-making supplies. Thanks mom2em!

In whatever medium you fancy
- bolster or throw-pillow cover (just one, and I can buy the pillow myself if it will reduce your postage costs), crafted in your specialty (i.e. patchwork, embroidery, felted, screenprinted, covered with buttons, etc).
- seat cushion; no fabric ruffle around the edge, please (other kinds of edging are fine)
- a decorated Ikea Malma mirror, or some other kind of small decorated mirror. Mosaic would be awwwesome.
- a Craftster Scouts merit badge that you believe I have adequately earned -- Ideas discussed at length over on the Friends of Craftster off-topic chit-chat board, or I can share ideas via PM
- a very earthy (or water-elementy) adornment or accessory made with love, blessings for the coming year, and positive energy
- Any small arty things such as a 4x4 chunky page, an ATC, a few inchies, or any size art journal page. Some themes and attributes I'm fond of are here; again, don't feel limited by them.
- something that inspires wonder or adventure
- Something promoting healing and wellbeing, from any religious/spiritual tradition. Thank you dreadlocklove! It's a broad theme so I'm leaving it up here
- something with a capybara/carpincho, goat, meerkat, marine mammal, sloth, or manatee on it (or any fancy animal looking dignified in dapper apparel)
- a prayer flag, any size; there's information on them and links to inspiration in the thread for the Prayer Flag Swap!

Supplies:

Supplies of substance:
- Main wish on the whole wishlist: luscious batts/roving/carded fiber for hand-spinning or felting
- a 12x12 or larger piece of aida cloth (or similar x-stitching cloth) for extremely small stitches; if it is in packaging, the number will be 28 or higher. Any color is fine.
- semiglobe (oval) foam rubber shape, to be used as a needle-felting resist.
- a functioning, very small, analog/low-tech (no LCD screen) tool/gadget/gauge that I can somehow affix to a cuff/bracer. Like a thermometer, a compass, a retractable magnifying glass, a barometer, etc. It's a grandiose steampunk idea that's been brewing in my head a long time, but gathering the supplies is daunting.
- any size felting needle(s)
- yarn: Noro with color gradation, one of the varieties of Bernat Mosaic, sari silk yarn (sometimes it's smelly, but that's ok, send it in a plastic bag and I'll wash it) (thank you dreadlocklove! I'll keep it on the list), or something that screams "woodland fairy" or "ocean goddess" (or both  Grin).

Supply smatterings/extras:
- A few sew-on buttons, any size, quantity or variety, they dont need to match.
- broken vintage costume jewelry such as a pendant or a clip-on earring.
- a sheet of printable shrinky dink paper
- a bit of dresden foil trim (or similar trim)
- any amount of pom-pom trim
- any quantity of snazzy yarn or art-yarn add-ins, even if its just 6 inches worth.
- a cheapy plain plastic cuff/bangle bracelet that I can decorate/cover.

Other Extras:

- Small bottle of essential oil of...whatever. Just as long as its "essential oil" and not "fragrance oil".
- The little dense cotton squares that go in an oil diffuser
- Loose-leaf or bagged tea that you fancy. Even if it tastes bad but has a great smell, that's good enough.  Smiley
- a jointed cloisonne fish

Thanks and much crafty love!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012 01:31:05 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012 04:48:16 AM »

Hi!  Im Alicia!  Im a chemistry grad student in Wisconsin, and will be 24 on July 19.  I live with my boyfriend and his cat.

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues and greens), argyle, anything food or cooking related, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, video games (Luigi is my favorite!), BOOKS (fantasy FTW), faeries, Ireland, and RPGs

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (its fine in small amounts, just dont generally like it as the main color).

NO ALLERGIES!

Crafts

Homemade lotions/body butters- I have eczema, so anything with dry skin love would be great (please no soap though, full up on that at the moment!)

Wool socks-knitted, crocheted, made from felted sweaters, whatever!- (US womens size 9 1/2).  I live in WI.  Warm socks are a must. Grin

Something World of Warcraft related for the bf.  He plays an Alliance Dranei Shaman, and would love something with his totem on it.  

Amigurumis of Mario (Thanks mama24boyz!) or Bowser.  I got Luigi and my bf thinks we should have a whole set!

Very simple braided wire ring, with or without a small stone/bead.  Either size 9 for a thumb ring or size 7 for a regular ring.  

Cute herbal sachets- anything that smells good, but lavender is my absolute favorite!

Tie-dyed anything!  Clothing especially, but if you incorporate it into something else you make for me, Im sure to love that too!

A votive holder like this.  Nightmare Before Christmas just like this would be great, or something cool from one of my other themes.

A serger cover for a Brother 1034D

A waterfall cardigan, in any color other than gray, similar to this

Maxi skirts, pretty much any style or colors

Anything from my pinterest would be loved, as well as anything inspired by the things on there, or my likes, or really anything you just love to make!  

Craft Supplies

I would love an all-supplies package, and used (and clean) is always fine!

Fiskars 45mm rotary cutter replacement blades

Water-soluble fabric markers

Any of the books on my pinterest board here

A simple key stamp (handmade or storebought).  I am looking to make a surcoat like this

Fabric- plain cuts large enough to make clothing in things like wool, linen, nice cottons.  I have lots of crazy polyester prints, but I want to make some nice classic basics.  

Any sewing (not quilting) magazines, especially Threads and Burda Style/WOF

Serger thread!  Basics like black and white would be nice, but if you need to destash colors I would use those too!

Cotton clothesline/cord to make fabric bowls with.  This stuff goes like water, so I will take absolutely as much as you want to send me!

Rit Dye- any color other than black or navy blue, any amount.  

Tailors ham or sleeve board (or both!)

Gutterman thread, any color

Small balls of yarn.  Since it's for amigurumis, it doesn't need to be fancy; acrylic will work just fine.  Lots of colors would be better than a ton of one specific color.

Extras

Black teas or flavored coffee
Any of your favorite recipes (especially if you make delicious ethnic foods)!!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012 03:17:58 PM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012 03:39:06 PM »

Hi!!!! My name is Melanie.  My birthday is July 20, I will be 25, heehee, yup sounds good, wait..25 with a 15 year old? Ya, maybe not.  Im a SAHM to my 5 kids from Ontario, Canada, who loves to craft.  I mostly crochet, though never for myself and I love receiving all things crafty!  I like blues, dark reds, and purples.  I dont like greens.  I love tea. I love paisley prints, hearts, funky geometric prints, big flowery prints.  I like the colour combos of blues/browns or pink/browns or pink/bright green/brown.  My fave movies are LotR (cant wait for the Hobbit!!!) and PotC (YAY! Johnny Depp!!!) I also like Labyrinth, Goonies, Little Mermaid, I Am Legend, Hancock..ya, I could go on.  

CRAFTED ITEMS
I LOVE surprises!! My pinterest is http://pinterest.com/mama24boyz/
Anything from or inspired by it would be AWESOME!!

SEWN/EMBROIDERED
1.  I LOVE the hooplas going around!!  I would love one in an UP! (the pixar movie) theme (thanks calluna!!!), a Yertle the Turtle theme, a lavender one for my bathroom, a tea related one, or any theme I like, I have some pinned on my pinterest too.
2.  A full apron
3.  A monogramed keychain with my initial (M) script style
4.  These slippers are sooo cute!!  http://pinterest.com/pin/5559199509533435/  I'm a size 7
5.  Unpaper towels. The kind with the snaps would be cool, but any is fine.  Any colour or theme.
6.  A wetbag

OTHER
7.  A key rack for my hallway in any medium
8.  A windchime in any medium
9.  Wool dryer balls
10.  A cute necklace http://pinterest.com/pin/5559199509592650/
11.  I LOVE this crayon art! http://pinterest.com/pin/5559199510408560/
12.  I NEED this quote http://pinterest.com/pin/5559199510416781/ made someway, vinyl, embroidered, painted, I dont care how, I just need it, lol
13.  A jar of whimsies!!  It looks so fun!
14.  An altered tin in a theme you would think I would like.  I LOVE the teeny things you guys come up with and have no clue where you find the tins!

KNIT/CROCHET
15.  I have not even watched Twilight nor do I plan to, but I really like the Bella mitts ( http://subliminalrabbit.blogspot.com/2008/12/bellas-mittens-updated-pattern.html )
16.  I would love knitted socks, I really like these ones ( http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lavender-and-lace-socks )
17.  This bracelet, the charcoal grey is nice, but other colours welcome too! http://pinterest.com/pin/5559199509960505/

SUPPLIES Used is welcome too!!
1.  YARN!!!!  thanks calluna!!! But more would be welcome!
2.  Susan Bates bamboo handled hooks
3.  Sharpies, in any colour any size
4.  Grosgrain ribbon in any colours, and size
5.  Safety eyes, any colour or size
6.  I Love This Yarn in any colour.  I cant get it here and its soooo soft!
7.  Any video game related type fabric
8.  Cake pop mold pan
9.  One of those Barbie type dress cake molds
10.  Jump rings in any colours to try chainmaille
11.  Jewellery pliers also for chainmaille
12.  Lobster clasps
13.  Stamp carving blocks
14.  wool felt
15.  Theres lots of patterns I would like in my Ravelry faves http://www.ravelry.com/people/mama24boyz/favorites/patterns?view=&in=&q=

EXTRAS

Souvenir spoons from where you are
Candies
Anything tea related
Big Red gum!!!!  I thought they stopped making this but I guess its still made just not sold here, yummy

Thank you!!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012 05:56:45 PM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mom2em
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012 04:05:29 PM »

My name is Christine.  I live in Delaware.  My birthday is 7/27/78.  I have been married for 8 years (6/13/04).  I am a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful daughters--Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).  I am a huge animal lover and have 3 dogs and 3 cats.  Im a vegetarian so please dont send me anything made from animal products.  I love reading, scrapbooking, trying my hand at other crafts, being outdoors, etc.  My favorite color is purple.  I also like blues and earthy colors.  I like paisley prints.  I don't like the color yellow or neon colors.  For scents I like vanilla and tropical and food scents.  I don't like mint anything (scent or flavor).   Please dont send me anything from a smoking environment--I am very sensitive to it.  Thank you.

Crafts:
Double handed oven mitts--country/farm animal theme kitchen
Dish towels
Dust cover for my cricut expression
Ironing board cover
Beach blanket that can fold into a carrying bag
Felt/fabric happy birthday banner
Wine bottle gift bag
Fabric storage baskets
Yoga mat and carrying bag
Mama cloth, medium to heavy flow, topped w/organic bamboo velour, snapping wings
1 of the quotes on my pinterest, framed
Hand towels w/butterflies design in purple or pink
Play mat and see through toy sacks (examples on my etsy favs) in girly or animal fabrics
Chair pockets (to hang on back of chairs)
Fabric camera strap
I love purses/diaper bags/backpacks, etc.
Anything from my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
Anything from my etsy favs: http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more

Supplies:
Wet felting how to kit/supplies  
Fabric marking pen
8 1/2x11 laminator sheets
Mini craft iron
Empty tic tac, altoid containers; mini m&m tubes
Glue sticks
Metal cookie sheets (the ones magnets will stick to)
Bone folder
Mickey Mouse shaped paint chips
Wooden scrabble tiles
Colored sand
Powdered tempera paint
Chalkboard paint (colored preferred)
Squeakers (for making dog and baby toys)
Rotary cutter

Extras:
Bubble bath
Magazines--womens, scrapbooking, other crafts, cooking
Natural lipbalms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
chughes225
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012 04:34:35 PM »

Hi! Im Cristen from Ohio.  My birthday is 7/2 and I just turned 31.  I am a avid crafter...ok border lining on obsession. I craft every day. I have three crazy kids 11,7,3 and am a cake decorator. I am also a huge geek. I love anything Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the rings, Goonies, Doctor Who, Hunger games, firefly, twilight ans many more but those are top of the list. Color wise I like black a lot, but most other colors are fine not a big fan of pink. I don't like real feminine girly things. More bold bright patterns and anything geeky goes.

No allergies

Surprise me
  Anything from my pintrest is fair game http://pinterest.com/chughes225/ You'll see how geeky I am. Thanks avesthel!

Crafted items
 Love embroidery hoops.  I have a wall of them and love to add to it.  
 Totes of any shape or size
 wall signs
 Pillows for the couch thanks jen sews
 Etched or painted glasses or mugs.
 I pod nano 5th generation case
 Key chains and geeky surprise Wink Thanks patty_o_furniture
 Christmas ornaments.  I have 17-20 trees every year all with different themes.  So be creative!
 For these items any of the themes from above would be great.
 Anything for my star wars bathroom
Tardis nook color cover

Supplies
 Polymer clay
 acrylic paint
 paint brushes
 drawing pencils
 drawing pad
 sea glass
 craft journal

Im sure I'll think of more later and sorry I dont have any links to specific things. Please feel free to use you creativity.  Happy Crafting and to all you July babies Happy Birthday.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012 07:42:15 PM by chughes225 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012 08:31:18 PM »

Jen Sews - July 9 - (1,0,1) received 2 gifts
Send pillow to chughes225 by July 19th
Sent books to fishtix43 and she received

Thank you fishstix43  for a fabric bowl from my pintrest!

Bio:   My name is Jennifer.  I live near Alamosa, CO USA.  I am turning 34 on July 9th.   I am a SAHM to 3 awesome boys ages 8,6,and almost 4.  I spend a lot of time with my extended family and Christianity and church are really important to me.  My style is more simple/elegant/modern than cutesy.  I don't like nudity/profanity/gore very much.   I love getting things in the mail, so I think I am pretty easy to please!  Lately I have mostly been sewing, but I love to try new things and someday I will knit my own socks.  I tend to like rainbows, graduated colors, tie dye, bright colors, ombre, and nature themes

Allergies:  floral fragrances, mangoes

Crafted Items:

*Mini Art Quilt-  just about any style

*Huge Wish:  Knitted socks!  I am a ladies size 11 shoe

*Amigurumi small, and cute!

*Any art (sculpture, painting, paper cutting, jewelery, whatever you are good at) featuring sun and moon themes.  Especially a windswept sun similar to these images.  http://www.polyvore.com/sun_in_wind_window_sticker/thing?id=82241 http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3581398609_65f876c026.jpg?v=0  thank you chughes225!

*bleach or other stenciled shirts for my boys  (would have to be 3 though please so no one feels left out, size 6t or small, 5t, and 4t.  Same or different designs ok)  They love almost all boyish things but spider man is the biggest hit right now.

*Some fabric art inspired by this : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226679.0

*set of rainbow inchies  (I love these but am not too picky about the individual designs.  I also would not expect that many!)    http://www.flickr.com/photos/phizzy/3465140969/

*rainbow altered puzzle  --- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=316660.0

*Hand spun yarn

*Wall art in any medium that has the quote "I'm a dork fish!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6sE8RMUuU

*set of handmade thank you notes

*Hoopla in any size:  birds, trees, wildlife, rainbows, Koi fish, sun and moon together or just the sun, ocean life, quote from Bruce Almighty : "And my tiny little nipples went to France"; quilt inspired cross stitch - this one is cute but feel free to make up your own http://www.squidoo.com/cross-stitch-hobby ; sewing related or button bouquet

*Homemade lotions, bath stuff, lip balm, candles -  I like fruity, and/or spicy (but not cinnamon, vanilla, mango or florals)

*surprise from pintrest or other stalking methods is definitely welcome  http://pinterest.com/jjesson/craftster-wish-list/  and www.wists.com/lukenlarry

Craft Supplies:

*fat quarters
*any kind of charms
*buttons
*beads
*jewelery magazines or kits
http://pinterest.com/jjesson/craft-supplies-i-covet/

Extras:

*little surprises for my 3 boys are always appreciated
*I love chocolate and homemade goodies (cookies etc..)
*postcards
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012 07:30:27 PM by Jen Sews » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012 08:01:08 AM »

Hi!  I'm Jessica, from Northern Ontario, Canada where I live with my partner, Barnabas, and two kids, Ava and Brahmi.  My birth day is July 12 and I'm turning the big 3-0 this year.

My interests include energy healing (Reiki, herbalism, Ayurveda, yoga), crafting (sewing, crochet, CP soap making and other bath/body products, fiber spinning, paper making, herbal medicine-making), food (canning, vegan and raw food preparation, juice feasting, gardening), camping, reading, flow toys (poi, hooping, and buugeng).    

My favourite colours are dark and with a burnt tone to it, and include reds, oranges, yellows, and obviously browns.  I also like solid prints or very subtle ones.  You can get a pretty good idea of my style by viewing my Etsy and Pinterest lists.

Thanks for considering me!

Crafted

Herbalism

All-natural incense
Essential oil blends
Homegrown/harvested herbs
Tea blends

Knitted/Crocheted and other Fiber Arts

Yoga socks (ie:  http://pinterest.com/pin/108719778473980408/)
Handspun/handdyed yarn
Poncho
Wallhangings/artwork (ie: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MsBusyfingers/psychedelic-peace-flag)
Whirlwind wrap (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/whirlwind-wrap)
Jam jar bonnets (ie: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jam-jar-bonnet) Thank you TroubleT! (I can use unlimited amounts of these, and wouldn't mind be claimed for bonnets again!)
Lorenz Manifold, in UV/black light reactive yarns (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lorenz-manifold)
Indoor shoes (ie: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/heidiche/winter-indoor-shoes)
Hat (http://pinterest.com/pin/108719778473972522/)
Poi (these are beautiful: http://www.etsy.com/listing/85725885/poi-made-to-order)

Bath and Body

CP soap
Shampoo for my dreads
Beeswax candle

Sewn

Thai fisherman pants (www.etsy.com/listing/45834124/chocolate-brown-stripethai-fihermans)
Distance Reiki doll (http://www.etsy.com/listing/89163673/reiki-man-long-distance-reiki-doll)
Celebration flags (http://www.etsy.com/listing/77365493/glitzy-gypsy-celebration-flags-with)
Mug rugs (set of 2 or 4)
Accessory shelf for Reiki table (ie:  http://pinterest.com/pin/108719778474126475/)
Reiki table fleece pad set (ie:  http://pinterest.com/pin/108719778474349042/)

Other

Breathe sign (http://www.etsy.com/listing/62592091/breathe-wood-sign-handmade-from-upcycled)
Handcarved stamp of my Gathered Roots business logo (just the roots/tree part is fine)
Recipe cards
Simple necklace (ie:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/87131972/oco-geode-necklace)
Pottery (especially a mug!)
Silkscreened T-shirt in themes I've mentioned
UV/black light reactive artwork  Avesthel! (Whether UV reactive or not!)
Other artwork pertaining to my themes
General canning jar labels (sticky or not)
Wooden Buttons
Anything Handwoven
Pinterest gift, except from the Gathered Roots board (www.pinterest.com/dreadlocklove)
Etsy gift (http://www.etsy.com/people/gatheredroots/favorites)
Preserves (vegan please but honey is fine)
Dehydrated vegan snacks (again, honey is fine)
Fridge magnets (themes discussed above)

Supplies

Supplies that you may have in your stash that you no longer use are more than welcome!

Essential oils
Sustainable/organic yarns/fabrics (Hemp, Bamboo, Soy, or any other unusual ones)
Gemstones (tumbled, raw/rough, I can use them all for projects)
Books/magazines pertaining to the themes I mentioned (please ask about the title first in case I already own it)
Craft-related books from my Amazon registry (http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishlist/35Y5I8FSK9POE)
Plain/square chocolate molds
Niddy noddy
Yarn ball winder
Manual grain mill (I can dream, right?)
Donut making pan
Wee house kit (from Michaels, my store doesn't carry them!)

We are working toward a more natural, sustainable, and conscious living so if you can make or have something that follows suit but isn't listed, feel free to surprise me!

Thanks!

I claimed calluna for:

- Reusable Twist Ties
- Sari Silk Yarn
- Something promoting healing and well-being
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 01:27:59 PM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sport Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Shutter Priority Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Image Quality Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...