A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2012 Birthday swap = Discussion and Gallery  (Read 10277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2012 05:06:53 PM »

UGH!!!  Well, first I lost my cable for my camera so I couldn't upload pics to my computer and now that I've found it, craftster won't let me upload!!!! ARGH!!  I'm going to keep trying, cuz I got a beautiful scarf from fishstix to show off!!  And some dryer balls, but the scarf is awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
calluna
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2012 06:50:33 PM »

The birthday joy continues to roll in! I just received a wonderful, multi-gift package from alwaysinmyroom, which is being loved now and into the future, too, it wiiiiill be loved, it wiiiiill be lo-o-oved (I don't know what corner of my mind that came from  Cheesy)...
Okay, let's get started...

Yes, that is a birthday card, with fabric patched together and machine-stitched onto the front of the card, something I can never get enough of. So the card, in itself, is a gift. And then there was a gift bag full of pom-pom trims and some sparkly yarn, additional loves of mine, which I can put to use in so many kinds of projects, most likely in handspun yarn!

Getting further into this box of delights, I found the sweetest leafy handmade pincushion--I've never had a pincushion, and didn't have a sewing kit, and thanks to alwaysinmyroom and mom2em in the past month now I finally have both of these crafting staples in handmade form, which is, of course, my strong preference!
There was also this wee pouch made from beautiful fabric...

And what was in the wee pouch? Two beaded bracelets! YaaaY!

Then I saw various fabric patterns peeking out at me, and when I pulled them out to inspect, I found...

It's difficult to make them look as nice in photos as they look in person, so they're being modeled on various sizes of bowls stacked up. The inside is a wipe-able material that is useful and safe for food purposes; I know what it's called but the name is slipping my mind at the moment (and more songs are filling the place where it's supposed to be  Cheesy). These are going to be so useful! And I love the fabrics. The art nouveau print, also on the pouch, is very similar to a little scrap I found recently and passed on to another art-nouveau-loving swap partner who I knew would like it as much as I did; now it's kind of like the universe has sent it back to me tenfold.  Smiley

And after all of that, this hefty blessing of extras!

These are all different varieties of loose-leaf tea (which smell heavenly!) from Adagio Teas, and the tiny tins they're in are perfect! I'm not sure what they're going to become just yet, only that they will become! (After I finish enjoying all this tea, of course.  Wink)

Huge thanks to the always-incredible/generous/thoughtful alwaysinmyroom for all this spoilage!  Kiss

AND, since I was too frumpy-looking/feeling when Avesthel's hair-gifts arrived, I finally got a decent action-shot of some of them:

Sooo lovely they are, and they don't snag in my hair at all, which is a big plus. Thank you again!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012 06:53:36 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2012 02:26:45 AM »

And with the arrival of calluna'a package, this swap is officially over. Thank you all for a Flake Free Swap!

I hope to see you all next year! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2012 03:39:20 PM »

UGH!!!  Well, first I lost my cable for my camera so I couldn't upload pics to my computer and now that I've found it, craftster won't let me upload!!!! ARGH!!  I'm going to keep trying, cuz I got a beautiful scarf from fishstix to show off!!  And some dryer balls, but the scarf is awesome!!!

If I would EVER remember to take pics of things I make before I send, I might be able to help you, but of course, I didn't.  I'm really glad you like the scarf; figuring out those knots was kind of a fun brain teaser! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2012 06:17:38 PM »

Love the hair decor!  It is striking against your beautiful hair!

I want to give credit to Maremare for the lovely card...she sent me some beauties in another swap so I could share them with other swap partners!
Circular swapping! Cheesy

Glad the bowl covers fit some of your bowls!  I used my ancient pyrex bowls for sizes!  I want to make a set for me and also those wonderful reuseable bag ties that dreadlocklove made!

Hope everyone had a happy birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2012 08:30:15 PM »

Love the hair decor!  It is striking against your beautiful hair!

I want to give credit to Maremare for the lovely card...she sent me some beauties in another swap so I could share them with other swap partners!
Circular swapping! Cheesy

Glad the bowl covers fit some of your bowls!  I used my ancient pyrex bowls for sizes!  I want to make a set for me and also those wonderful reuseable bag ties that dreadlocklove made!

Hope everyone had a happy birthday!

Oops, I didn't see that the note about that continued on the back of the card!  Smiley  And that the bracelets are made of all reclaimed materials, including the father-in-law's shoelaces...that cracks me up; they work well! And I love the reuse and old-stuff, as well as the circular swapping! The cards I received from mom2em are getting spread about, as well; you'll get one soon! (exclamation points were on sale today!  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2012 06:35:50 AM »

Hubby wonders why I save everything....Cheesy

I just know the minute I toss it, I am going to need it...and kick myself in the butt! Cheesy

I love notecards that travel through craftsterland!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2012 01:06:40 PM »

Wow, what a great birthday package!   Smiley   Love the pincushion.   Smiley   And the hair jewelry looks lovely on you!   Smiley

I received another thank you today.  Chughes225 really outdid herself and sent me the cutest little baby phoenix! 

I love him!  Thank you so much!    Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012 01:34:57 PM »

How cute! the little feet are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Walking on Eggshells by Lyssa Chapman
Viral’s Secret Formula: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
The Lake House by Marci Nault
Warning: Do Not Open Open This Book by Matthew Forsythe
Hatfields and McCoys: A Good Feud Never Dies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...