A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2012 Birthday swap = Discussion and Gallery  (Read 10249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012 12:03:59 PM »

Hi everyone.  I love my gifts and I had a wonderful birthday, but if you could spare some positive thoughts/prayers my way I would appreciate it.  One of my dogs died from being hit by a car and our little kitten was killed by a really big dog that is not ours.  Also my dh is probably losing his job.  Anyway, I am behind on one of my claims and I probably won't be able to make anymore claims.  I am so thankful for craftster and the people on hear to bring some happiness even in hard times!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012 04:52:30 PM »

Oh no!  Cry That's awful, I'm so sorry. Hugs to all of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
mama24boyz
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012 03:41:07 PM »

I got A TON of yarn from calluna earlier this week.  I feel so spoiled!!!

But if that wasn't enough, calluna also sent me an awesome hoop inspired by UP!  I LOVE it!!! Its so cute and perfect!!!

If you look, you can see Dugs nose in the corner, heehee.  I showed my son and immediately he knew what it was!!

Thanks so much calluna!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
chughes225
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012 07:20:41 PM »

The yarn is beautiful but I love the up hoop.  Very nicely done. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012 11:55:12 AM »

The squirrel I found on this massive blog (in French) of hundreds of image charts: http://un-jour-une-grille.over-blog.com

Finally I can post pics of my package from mom2em! First there was a fat stack of handmade greeting cards with envelopes:

I love that they're all different so I don't feel like I'm repeating myself when I send things.  Smiley And I had practically run out of cards to send so this will help me out a lot!

Then in addition to all these cards, she claimed me for a survival-kit-in-a-tin, which was decorated with cute fabric and a bright butterfly:

What's inside? A sewing kit!

I was definitely lacking a sewing kit; my supplies aren't organized in one convenient place like this, so I'm glad to have such a good portable kit.

Many thanks, mom2em!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012 12:52:50 PM »

Beautiful handspun yarns arrived Friday, from calluna!

To the left, 292 yards of 100% wool.  It's handdyed by Craftster member freestyle.  To the right, a blend of alpaca, angelina, bamboo, and mystery wool.  There are beads and thread added in too. 

Thanks so much calluna, I love them!  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
calluna
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2012 05:57:43 PM »

^ You can see my previous lack of proper greeting cards in that picture.  Cheesy

Such beautiful hair accessories arrived for me from Avesthel! I took a picture of the lovely packaging before I opened it because I wouldn't be able to reassemble it so nicely.  Smiley

Then inside...

I'm in awe, they're just so beautiful. I look too frumpy to show an action shot today, but the button-covered piece is a clip underneath, that's right off of my Pinterest interests.  Smiley I've never seen decorated hairpins like the pearl ones; they're going to be so pretty when I pull my appearance together for a special occasion. I'm looking forward to using all of these pretties!

Thank you!!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012 05:58:59 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012 09:51:02 AM »

I got the Mario amigurumi that mama24boyz made for me!

Isn't he awesome?  So many little details!  Thanks so much, he's really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012 10:54:47 AM »

Such nice things everyone is getting for their birthday!   Smiley   I really like the Up hoop, the greeting cards, the handspun and that mario is so detailed!   Smiley

Calluna, you are very welcome for the hair pretties!   Cheesy  I had a lot of fun with all the different types and was going for casual and dressed up versions of it so you'd always have something to wear.   Smiley   I only discovered the hairpins when looking for types of pearl hair accessories I could make for you.  They are really neat in that they add a little pearl in your hair wherever you need one.  Or you can use them to hold up a bun and have little pearls decorating the bun.   Smiley   So glad you liked your presents!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012 02:48:13 PM »

And another awesome package to share...I have been so spoiled by swappers this month...dreadlocklove made me reusable fabric twist-ties, a beaded ohm pendant for diffusing essential oils (finally a chance to use my ylang ylang!), and also sent me two skeins of sari silk yarn! My picture isn't the best...

Here is a close-up of the beautiful pendant:

Thank you so much; it will all be used and loved dearly!
 Kiss

A couple of you have socks on your wishlists, and I apologize that I can't claim you for them...Though I did get a sock loom this year and learned how to knit socks, technically, I have not learned how to get them to be the size I intend for them to be unless I have the actual foot there to measure. And even then I have to completely unravel and start over at least 5 times! So this year, at least, I regret that I can't use this sock loom to grant a birthday wish.  Embarrassed
I'm waiting on some supplies I ordered to arrive; once they do I will put in one more claim!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 02:48:40 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tips: How To Pull Of A Faux Bob
How to Make Your Blowout Last
Summer Hair Trend: Sun Kissed Hair Color
How to Do a Hair Knot
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Plaited Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...