A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Photo-hosting Wishlist?  (Read 6868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012 07:57:18 AM »

Lots of suggestions on here that I agree with but I"m not going to over again.
Thought that just came to me today is having a like a check box when you upload your photos that for if it's a mature image so you don't have to go through all that hullabaloo for each picture when you are posting them.
OR, not completely photo-hosting related, but have way to make the entire post say "Mature" in the thumbnail rather than just the images. Sometimes the first pic in a post isn't mature so it isn't labeled as such but when you get in there and see later pics and they are "mature" and the tag shows up after the photo it's a little surprising. I know posting it in the title is supposed to help but from the front page all we see is the thumbnail of the first picture. And all those "mature" tags cluttering up a post sometimes really upset the flow. If there was a way to make the whole post say "This post includes mature images" rather than just the images themselves having the tag I think it would be more effective. Sorry if I'm repetitive, I just want to be clear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012 08:02:49 AM »

Sometimes the first pic in a post isn't mature so it isn't labeled as such but when you get in there and see later pics and they are "mature" and the tag shows up after the photo it's a little surprising.

The tag shows up after the picture and surprises you because you have your settings set to "Show Mature Images."  If you change that setting to "no" the tag blocks the photo from your view unless you click to reveal it.

To change your mature settings:  My Craftster > My Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Show Mature Images:  yes (you WILL see mature images, whether they are tagged or not) or no (you will not see mature images unless you click the tag to reveal them).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
calluna
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012 10:44:09 PM »

A very minor tweak: in My Photos, the line of page numbers at the top of the pages of photos doesn't show what page you're actually on; the line of page numbers at the bottom of the page does show the page you're on, by putting the number in bold. It would be great if the one at the top did the same.  Smiley

And when using Internet Explorer (not having this problem with Firefox), the browser "back" and "forward" don't always work on the first try when I'm there...This is because it's actually taking me to an identical "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" page, according to the browsing history. That I have to manually go through the history to sidestep that crap or click "back" twice isn't a big deal, it's that I'm being redirected to this other accursed domain without my knowledge that really irks me. It doesn't happen when I'm using the rest of Craftster, and never happened before the last week or two.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 11:41:51 AM by calluna - Reason: update on problem » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Smmarrt

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012 08:15:38 PM »

Craftster resizes large images. I would like to have the image link to a larger image, the size that was upload for higher resolution images. The size limit seems to be 500 pix wide. Some images should be able to seen either full screen or opened in another window.

YES! I've gotten spoiled by my smartphone and being able to enlarge photos to see details more clearly!
Some images need to be viewed in a big screen/whole screen way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012 10:13:10 AM »

Hey ladies! We've added some awesome new upgrades! Not a total overhaul but definite improvements!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413946.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do the Graffiti Letter D
How to Draw a Panther
How to Draw an Ellipse
How to Draw Polar Bears
How to Draw Fantasy Creatures
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...