A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 84 SU open  (Read 15518 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 28, 2012 09:41:05 PM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING TO JOIN OUR SWAP

When you PM the orgs you MUST have the name of the swap and when you ship and receive  the claim name and date!!!
this is NOT an option a rule!
I.E.  Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1[/color]This must be in ALL of your messages to the org!!

for this swap a MED By SIZE it is 2 OR more craft hours ( this is not cooking time, drying time, etc.. waiting around for something to set up.......it is craft time for the average crafter)

You must have 15 crafted items AND 15 supply items  (more the better chance of getting claimed quick)
Please bookmark all three threads, PM your partner ASAP to get the addy I don't want any messages I don't have and it is the deadline do you have it messages you have 2 weeks to have out the door and in that time can get the message to them and communicate![/b]

1.   Please make your wish list made and saved in your computer BEFORE you make any claims ( min of 15 med craft items and 15 supply items)
2.   You must pm partner as soon as you claim to say hello and get addy there are too many that have not been doing so and waiting until send outs and becoming later for not doing this from now on this will be noted in feedback!
3.   Bookmark all threads and communicate in them ( this is important!!
4.   FOC we have a special thread for us to talk about whatever we want to and feel the need to share with each other. Great fun there so think of being a FOC and join us!
5.   If you stall the thread more then 8 hours you must add more items!
6.   PM BOTH org and co org when you send and receive with the claim and the send by date in the message!
7.   Post pics within 5 days of receiving OR have the sender do so ( this will be noted in feedback if you do not!)
8.   From the time you claim you have 14 days to have out the door. If your 14th day is a holiday or on a day your postal service is not open you must send the day before that!
9.This is a high quality swap! Please check for loose threads, excess glue, make sure this is your BEST work we don't need anymore PM's about quality and would have to have to PM that there is an issue. You must send what you claim for ( we understand things happen like machines break etc..then you must still send on time and something else from the list that your partner wants!! If you claim for a wool hat done send cotton
10. read careful partners wish list and allergies, likes, dislikes etc this is very important

Organizers:  BABALINA58 & LINDYV321
*IMPORTANT PM INFO*
When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 84 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

Qualifications to Join:
For you to join this round you must be cleared feedback in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 82
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot claim in this swap if you are currently late in Round 83
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

Swap Info:
Swap name: Ongoing Wish list Swap 84
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Org BABALINA58 Co org LINDYV321
Sign-up date range: June 28 - July 28
Date to send item by: 14 days from the time you claim ( this starts on the time you claim NOT the next day!) If your send by date is a holiday or a day your postal service is not open you must send before!!
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 16 years of age.  If you are under 18 (but over 16) be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (you’ll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
- Is at least 18 years old

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation again, not before you receive a PM from me saying your approved!!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizers.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 84
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes the adv. crafter more then two hours to complete.
Or
20-30USD worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new check the net for prices) !YOU MUST Check with partner if wanting to send used items to make sure they are OK with them...Do not send old thread etc as it is useless to most! are you willing to do this?
This is a HIGH QUALITY swap and you understand this will be your best work and it is very important to talk to your partner to make sure you have their wishes and your best crafting in mind ?
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you with 5 days of receiving Or ask partner if they will?
Are you willing to take a photo of the item you are shipping in the event the person cant post photos?
DO you have a working camera? If not please do not join this swap as Pics are required!
Your List must be created in the following format:
Crafts ( min of 15 med)
Craft Supplies ( min of 15)
Extras as many as you would like
Do you agree to follow this?
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.DO NOT SEND SLOW MAIL overseas) Are you willing?
Are  you willing to Bookmark all threads, PM orgs when you send and receive with the claim and date due out in it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.[/color]http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0 this is a great tip for being a great swapper and the link to all swap rules are there too Smiley
Please bookmark this thread  post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything also, please bookmark the discussion and the gallery threads!

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

~~Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 81

~~Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

~~Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says “I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone – for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received,” (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions – “I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool”.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions. I.E. 4/1/1 = 4 claims-1 in transit-1 received by partner

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF FIFTEEN MED PER SECTION i.e. CRAFTS and SUPPLIES.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready before making a claim, this swap moves very quickly!If not I will skip you and or remove your claim!!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.  

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address with in 24 hours!! It is up to you to make sure you do this DO NOT PM THE ORGS FOR THIS INFO! You must get and keep safe until you ship!

Friends of Craftster are allowed UP TO 3 wishes at one time as per the orgs discretion, others are allowed 2 wishes again as per the org dis..  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish at a time until your crafts are received for this month.  HOWEVER the orgs reserve the right to tell you that you may only claim one or two items at a time if you have had issues in the past with shipping late or poor communication etc!!

Do not choose over your given limit. If a  stall in the thread the orgs can claim again to get this moving again !

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

~~You must send Del. Comf with in the USA. NO exceptions within the USA!
~~If sending overseas as it takes so long we are changing the rule for INTERNATIONAL packages ONLY as soon as you ship AND SEND A PHOTO COPY /PIC of the shipping receipt ( or the tracking number from the receipt) you can claim again ONLY AFTER I HAVE THIS RECEIPT HOWEVER!!! You can send it to me in a message OR if cant get in that way you can EMAIL IT TO : CPYSGIRL@YAHOO.COM

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS (14 days from the time you claim)TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.This starts from the time you claim not the next day must be out the door BY the 14th day!
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU CLAIMED FOR YOU WILL BE GETTING TEMP NEGATIVE FEEDBACK until you do send the proper package
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium and that is what you claimed for we know things happen and some have to be changed but must be OK by the person claimed and on their list or wished in their Pinterest/wist )

Feedback will be given as soon as you have sent - received -posted pics but will be up to 2 weeks after the swap closed if you do not post pics and this will be noted and you might not get allowed back in the next round if you cant do this! Please take pics before you ship! This is a rule not an option!!!

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

Photos are a requirement for this swap!

BABALINA58 - Organizer, in charge of your claims, Thread update and approval feedback.
LINDYV321 -Co org as over 25 swappers we must have she will keep an eye on the gallery
 THANK YOU LINDY FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL!
You must have your wish list saved in your computer before you make any claims as to not stall the thread Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~Bookmark the wish, discussion and gallery thread ~~~~~~~~~

Discussion Threads: PLEASE BOOKMARK!!

Round 77-79
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397429.0
ROUND 80-82
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404618.0
ROUND 83-85
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409428.0

OFF TOPIC discussion thread for all that is not craft related but we share as we are so close Smiley put it all here!! You must be a FOC to join us in this fun
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387796.0

Round Seventy-Eight Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=400978.0
Round Seventy-Nine Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402977.0
Round Eighty Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404619.0
Round Eighty One Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406305.0
Round Eighty Two Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408361.0
Round Eighty Three Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409429.0
Round Eighty Four Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411669.0

Remember, all must PM both orgs when you send and receive, we do not need to know you claimed or you posted pics in the gallery WE WILL SEE IT WHEN WE UPDATE! It just bogs down our in boxes, You will be told when you join how many swaps you may claim depends on your history, If you have issues PM orgs ASAP, Make sure to send a HIGH QUALITY SWAP as that is a big rule here and send what you claim for. Send a min of 20-30usd in supplies and or a craft that takes a min of 2 hours w/o all the dry,setting up, cooking time etc... HAVE FUN!!! Most important be kind, generous as this is a wonderful swap and we want everyone to feel loved here and happy with your crafts and be as addicted as the rest of us are Smiley
Any questions or concerns please pm orgs asap Smiley
Happy swapping!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012 08:33:16 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
babalina58

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012 09:41:47 PM »

swappers Cheesy
Lindyv321
Babalina58
Breegy ( WELCOME first time swapper Cheesy )
muddy21
Eiseldora
phoenixfiredesigns
Velvet Rose
Averia
Mrs Kay
noodle-bug
skaborsk
klg_jlg
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 06:15:31 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012 09:42:05 PM »

~Due out by dates~

JULY 14
Breege--->Jillybean for bookmarks
Eiseldora--->Breggy for Jayne's Hat

JULY 18
Velvet Rose--->Eiseldora for notecards &  stencils.

JULY 19

noodle-bug--->Velvet Rose for a pencil roll

JULY 20
Phoenixfiredesigns--->noodle-bug for an assortment of bookmarks!
Breegy--->phoenixfiredesigns for a surprise from her pinterest

JULY 21
Phoenixfiredesigns--->Breegy for a fork bracelet and probably something else to be determined.
Eiseldora--->phoenixfiredesigns for Tote bag
quaggy--->Eiseldora for a pincushion thread catcher for sewing machine and some sewing supplies

JULY 23
Lindyv321--->Quaggy for her camper necklace and catfish T
Eiseldora--->lindyv321 for purple stuff cat
lindyv321--->Eiseldora for stenciled shirts for her hubby

JULY 24
noodle-bug--->Lindyv321 for Ninni Monsters

JULY 25
Mrs Kay--->noodle-bug for a box of supplies
Averia-->Mrs Kay for embroidery of Beatrix Potter's Jeremy Fisher
Velvet Rose--->Averia for a supplies package.

JULY 31
Breggy--->VelvetRose for crochet earrings on her Pinterest
Frosty772--->Breegy for a hoop pincuchion off her pinterest.

AUG 1
Lindyv321-->Frosty772 for supplies
PFD-->lindyv321 for -Tree of Life Pendant with “November” stones
Eiseldora--->phoenixfiredesigns for embellished shirt

AUG 2 ( My Birthday Cheesy)
skaborsk--->Eiseldora for some sugar scrub, an eye pillow, and maybe some supplies.

AUG 4
Averia--->skaborsk for an etsy surprise

AUG 6
Eiseldora--->averia for stenciled shirt

AUG 9
Noodle-bug-->muddy21 for some hoopla art and maybe some other stuff to make it up to a medium

Muddy21--->Eiseldora for supplies

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 05:00:24 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012 09:42:26 PM »

Last claim of round 83 is the one and only Jillybeans

here is her list from round 83 Cheesy you can click on this link to ee her list with links.... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409427.0

Hi everyone, I'm Jill (shocker!) and I live in Spokane WA, USA with my wonderful husband.  We live in a pet free apartment (not by our choosing, lol!) and smoke free.  My husband and I are nerds, and currently involved in the life-consuming game of World of Warcraft.  I love to read, cook, bake, can and craft.  I’m unfortunately not a knitter or crocheter, but I hope to be one someday!

BOLD IS MY BIG WISHES!

Crafts:

Sewn/Embroidered:
  • Dress up clothes/accessories for my 3 year old niece, Olivia, (preferably stuff that will grow with her) – this can be anything really (costume jewelry, capes, tutus, shawls, let your imagination go crazy!  It doesn't have to be just sewn stuff, either.  I just stuck it here.  ^_^  Her parents are pretty nerdy, too, so feel free to go in the direction of Star Wars/Star Trek and the likes.  Her favorite shoes right have have R2D2 on 'em)  I made her a box of stuff for her birthday, but I'm going to add to it for Christmas.  In it she has a white fluffy skirt, a tute, devil accessories, bunny accessories, wizard cape and wand, super hero outfit, a few hats, a few silk scarves, a bandanna, groucho marx glasses, a mustache, a couple of yarn wig braids, a couple necklaces and bracelets.  Ideas can be found here: http://pinterest.com/jkingcompogno/olivia-s-dress-up-box/#
 • Dress-up clothes for my 7 year old nephew, Isaac.  I'm gonna make him a dress-up box for Christmas.
  • Plastic Bag Organizer
  • Fabric Cuff
  • TM Patches (cat themed or bohemian/purple themed)
  • Felt food
  • Hooplas (Themes: silly and strange, whimsical, Harry Potter, Star Wars, hyperbole and a half, Hunger Games, forest animals, cats) Inspiration for these can be found on my pinterest, on my Hoopla Board
  • Lunch sack for me
  • Tote bag (I like to cart a lot of stuff with my to work, like projects and whatnot - silly and strange, whimsical, Harry Potter, hyperbole and a half, forest animals, cats, or just something pretty.  I like bold prints.)
  • Book covers (paperback, hardbacks, and young adult sizes)
  • Traveling book bag cover (preferably for hardback in regular or young adult size - http://pinterest.com/pin/87538786477355871/ )
  • Camera Bag

Knitted/Crocheted:
  • Socks (any style or colors, I love socks!  I wear women shoe size 6.5)
  • Cowl
  • Scarves
  • Crocheted Bracelet
  • Amiguramis
  • Little bag or tote
  • Poncho or shawl
  • Book covers or cozies (paperback, hardbacks, and young adult sizes)
  • Inspiration for these can be found on my pinterest, on my Knit/Crochet Board

Other:
  • Bracelets (chunky, fabric, knit/crochet, metal, whatev!  I just don’t need anything thin and delicate)
  • Tree of Life pendant
  • Long necklaces (nothing black because I have enough of those currently ^_^)
  • Inspiration for jewelry for me can be found on my pinterest, on my Accessories Board
  • Hand Made Soap (not the melt and pour kind)
  • Bath supplies, like salts and bombs (especially to help with relaxation and tension, I get migraines and bathes are my saving grace!)
  • Candles
  • T-Shirts for my husband, Mens XL, just regular t-shirts, no pockets and no v-necks (Themes: Nerdy, World of Warcraft, Star Wars, Star Trek. League of Legends, RA Salvatore, Back to the Future, Princess Bride, Flight of the Concords, hyperbole and a half, Video Gaming)
  • Painted Shoes for me, preferably flats that I can wear to work, women shoe size 6.5 (flowers, koi fish, forest animals, birds, trees, swirly designs, moon and stars, Asian inspired, world of warcraft, but please no zentangles since I’m in the works of making myself a pair)
  • Bookmarks (Harry Potter, Twilight, Star Wars, WoW, forest animals, cats, silly, funny, food related, people with crowns, objects w/ legs, Princess Bride, Hyperbole and a Half, Video gaming) - http://pinterest.com/jkingcompogno/bookmarks/
  • Handmade journals
  • Felt badges - http://pinterest.com/jkingcompogno/felt-badges/
 • Elegant hairclips and bobby pins (I wear bobbies all the time!) - http://pinterest.com/jkingcompogno/accessories/
  • ATCs
  • Anything Harry Potter, or The Hobbit inspired

Supplies:
  • Watercoloor paper
  • Bone folder
  • Buttons (any and all!)
  • Paint brushes (I seem to ruin these so fast!)
  • Stamps (ABCs, Trees, patterns, crowns, birds, bird cages, flowers . . .)
  • cupcake liners
  • Wool or wool-blend felt
  • Large beads (I have so many seed beads!)
  • Vintage ephemera
  • Metal stamps for embellishing into metal
  • Stamp carving supplies
  • Corks (preferably ones that use to be in wine bottles.  So much personality that way!)
  • Tiny bottle charms
  • Dies and embossing plates for my Sizzix BigKick
  • Shimmery fabric paint
  • Beginner crocheting supplies (I so want to learn!)
  • Fun ribbon
  • E6000
  • Alcohol Inks
  • Crackle Paint
  • Embroidery floss in a wide variety of colors
  • Random charms and pendants
  • Colored Aida Cloth for cross-stitching
  • Scents for soaps and lotions
  • Crochet needles (I want to learn!)

Extras:
  • Chocolate (but nothing minty, coconut, or coffee)
  • Candy (my husband pretty much loves everything, except coconut and coffee)
  • Burts Bee’s chap sticks (love these!)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012 09:07:34 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breegy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craft On!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012 09:52:02 PM »

I will get this started, since I'm super excited to start crafting. Hopefully I calculated the time difference correctly and I'm not early. I've always been bad at that.

I claim Jillybeans for bookmarks.

1/0/0

ABOUT ME:
I am a 24 year old, and I live near St. Louis, MO. I have a 1 year old daughter, and a boyfriend of 3 years. I am a stay at home mother and I go to school full time. I am very crafty and don't stick to a particular method, so it's hard to pinpoint my expertise. I am open to different styles and am not a very picky person.

To get an idea of my style or things I like for anything you want to make in a theme, here is my pinterest account: http://www.pinterest.com/breegy

Lace everything
Antiqued anything
I like bold, dark, jewel, and fall tones. I can never get enough of brown!
All metals
Owl anything!
Lavender and Coffee scents
Dangly earrings
Everything nerdy
Turquoise (the mineral, not particularly the color)
Nature inspired things
ALIEN anything and everything
Anything wearable and leather (I'm a leather jacket and combat boots kinda girl)
Sucker for anything Browncoat
Dislikes:
Pinks, reds, and purples.
Useless, cluttering stuff.
I'm extremely picky about my necklaces, so I prefer not to be given any.
Fruit scents
Anything super girly (unless it's floral or lace)

I have no allergies that I know of, and hopefully I don't find out about them from your swaps!

If the claim is something having to do with my daughter, anything and everything OWL and FLORAL is perfect. I'm not a fan of [bright] pink, purple, butterflys, dragonflies, or anything of those likes!
Things I want particularly in the theme of Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, or Doctor Who are in italics, and things on my super-duper want list are in bold.

ANYTHING FROM MY "MAKE FOR ME" BOARD ON PINTEREST-
http://pinterest.com/breegy/make-for-me/

SEWING/KNITTING/CROCHETING-
1. Quilted Purse
2. A Jedi robe!
3. Throw Pillows with any combination of green, red, yellow, and brown. (I know, terrible color combo. That was obviously my boyfriend's doing)
4. Yo Gabba Gabba Puppets for my Daughter!
5. A Jayne Cobb hat from the TV show Firefly: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19076.20
6. This knitted or crocheted top: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248474226/
7. Any cute baby girl clothes for 24 months or older!
8. These fabric house boots (size 8; Army Green, or Black are okay as well; No embellishment): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333544.0
9. Felt Badges
10. TM Patches
11. Crochet/knitting/yarn bag or box (a little needle organizer would be great as well!)

OTHER-
12. Bracelets! I have wanted a fork bracelet for a loong time!
13. Decorated plates that you can eat off of (style doesnt matter)
14. Cute keychains. Anything goes, but I particularly like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248363104/
15. A hangable jewelry holder in dark blue, tan, or brown. (i have loads of necklaces and earrings, but minimal bracelets and rings)
16. Canvas shoes (size Cool
17. Home decor items (throwpillows, hangable art, etc)
18. Figurines! (Plush, clay, or any other medium)
19. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs! I like cute, quirky, sarcastic, or themed mugs! (obviously I should be able to drink out of them)
20. Candles!
21. Baby-safe handmade toys. (18 month age range)
22.  Screenprinted, embroidered, dyed, etc. shirts (Size medium in woman's fitted/babydoll please! I prefer V-necks, but other types are fine. Sleeves can be any length, and i like bold, grey, and earth tones (army green, brown, mustard yellow, deep purple, etc) - No red, please!
24. Hangable letters, any letters but "E". Any design, any color. Get creative! I just prefer them to not be painted on a canvas or framed art. EX: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285247721386/
25. Hand-made paper!
26. A Kindle hard cover
27. Hoopla art (funny quotes are a plus)

SUPPLIES: (Used is good for me)
1. Fabric scraps. I love those little folded yard squares you can buy from Joann's. Any design!
2. Scrapbook paper. I can never have too much!
3. Yarn (any and all colors)
4. Crochet needles
5. Beads in any design. (No pony beads)
6. Acrylic Paint (any colors)
7. Acrylic Paint Brushes (any styles)
8. Fabric paint (markers are better!)
9. Fabric dye
10. Mason Jars
11. Shadow Boxes
12. Jewelry pieces (wire, string, clasps, ring bases, earring bases, etc)
13. Polymer clay (any colors)
14. Legos
15. Starter materials for unique crafting techniques (PM if you're unsure if I use the technique)
16. Interesting craft books
17. Cross-stitch/embroidery fabric (IDK the technical name for it, I'm a beginner)
18. Embroidery thread (any and all colors)
19. T-Shirt Yarn (Any colors work, but white, grey, and black are always used!)

EXTRAS:
spare bits and pieces of anything I can use for mixed media that you have laying around and cant find a use for (keys, typewriter pieces, metal bits, etc)
Anything coffee flavored, including coffee!
A magnet from your location
ATC cards!
actual-size knitted/crocheted/fabric/paper flowers for a fake garden!
Incense
Crochet/knitted foods for daughter
Old foam puzzle piece playmats (like these: http://i48.tinypic.com/2qvv95d.jpg)

(If I did anything wrong, or I'm missing anything, please let me know, this is my first time! Smiley )
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012 09:54:17 PM by Breegy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012 02:26:23 AM »

I hope I"m doing this correctly.

I claim Breggy for Jayne's Hat

1/0/0

Hi I'm a 28 year old plus size girl from Washington.
I'm a big geek/nerd.
BBC Science Fiction.
Firefly
Star Trek
Stargate;
Hunger Games
Harry Potter
Dystopian Sci Fi
Lord of the Rings
Gattica,
Original Star Wars.
Sherlock
Bones
Castle
Grimm.
Musicals
<3 Dr. Horrible
restorative yoga
relaxing baths
knitting
Computers
Nature
Trees
Spring Leaves
Ocean at Night
Blues, Purples, Burgendy
Being Green
I'm a knitter and sew a little. I want to learn how to do stenciling. I"m slowly picking it up.
I'm growing a garden.
Chocolate

My husband is also a geek.
Currently studing to be a video game designer, and he loves video games. Current favorite is Minecraft, and drooling for Guild Wars II.
He is a big Joss Whedon Fan, and likes geeky phrases/logos on his shirts.

My niece lives in Indiana. She was born March 2011, and deserves to have a geeky/homemade existance. Her mother hates pink, but loves purple.

Allergins I belong to two cats, have food allergies to black pepper and other spices, and have issues with smoke smells.

Crafted
All pins are for inspiration. Some of my boards are for work, so please ask if there is something you want to make from a pin and I've not listed it above.

Sewing for me
  •   Pincushion thead catcher for sewing machine. http://www.etsy.com/listing/72362362/thread-catcher?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS&gclid=CPiLuvPv8rACFQ5ThwodLhn3kQ
  •  Yoga Skirt like  http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040367954/
  •  Yoga Eye Pillows http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040469018/
  •  Resusable sanitary napkin http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040304706/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040317977/
  •  Reusable paper towls http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040464188/
  •  Pin Cushion
  •  Bowl Covers http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040463869/
  •  Catnip filled tube/pillow
  •  Casserole Carrier http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021212155/
  •  NEW! Black Yoga Capri's Size XXL
  •  NEW! Chemise or basic Celtic Dress form for Ren Faire

Sewing for Niece (No pinks, Purples good Cheesy)
  •  Tutu skirt for niece in purple
  •  Summer dress for niece
  •  Skirts for niece
  •  Kimono Dress for niece http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040474075/
  •  Any cute baby girl clothes for 18 months or older!
  •  Things off my Nadia Pinterest Board http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/diy-nadia-when-she-s-older/
  •  Toys for 18th month Old.
  •  a D20 plushie
  •  NEW! Pillow case sewn together http://pinterest.com/pin/220183869251680067/

Stenciling/Paining
  • Geeky Stencils I can use on shirts. See pinterest for inspiration http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/diy-things-that-look-cool/ and http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/personal-my-style/
  •  Blank Notecards(Handmade design on outside) that I can send out for swaps
  •  Decorated Measuring  1 Tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup (in that order, just one is fine) http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040587846/ I primarily want to use them as scoops for my homemade cleaning supplies
  •  Stenciled shirt for husband with geeky logo saying (please pm for details) See pinterest for inspiration http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/personal-shirts-for-paul/
  •  Etched glasses for drinking
  •  Etched reusable microwavable food containers http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770284/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770285/
  •  Etched glass containers for storing dry goods http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770281/
  •  NEW! Vinyl Decals for my Yoga Room, or Computer.

Other
  •  Car organizer http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040500626/
  •  Trash Can for Car http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040343023/
  •  Wind Chime http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040587875/
  •  Handspun Yarn (see supplies below)
  •  Homemade Soaps (Love scents of Ylang Ylang and Mints)
  •  Scented things (Love Ylang Ylang, Pepermints and other mints, Baked Goods like Apple Pie, Pumpkin, or cookies) No strong florals Husband is sensative.
  •  Bath supplies, like salts and bombs
  •  Sugar Scrubs
  •  Mason Jar Lids that hold straws http://pinterest.com/pin/220183869251704942/
  •  NEW! Decorative Mason Jar Lids http://pinterest.com/pin/265430971757907949/
  •  Chalkboard mugs http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021467433/
  •  NEW! Muffin/Bread Mix in a Jar (No Black/White/red/Green Pepper or jalapenos)
  •  NEW! Fabric Bin/Box/Container to store Fabric Paints and Stencils
  •  Emergency Sewing Kit
  •  NEW! Reusuable Snack bags with wipe-able inside
  •  NEW! Outdoor Welcome Mat
  •  NEW! 9 Container to hold game tokens. About 1/2 to 1 cup of items
  •  NEW! 9 Draw string bags to hold game tokens. About 1/2 to 1 cup of items
  •  NEW! Accessories for Celtic Cosplay Outfit. (I saw Brave and loved their dresses.) Something I could wear to a Ren Faire
  •  NEW! Water Bottle/Water Bottler Holder so I don't loose my water at work. I move around to a different station once and hour so I have to carry it with me.
  •  NEW! Decorated Hair Claws. http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040858777/ into http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259041249430/
  •  NEW! Soap Bottle Dress
  •  NEW! Foaming Soap
  •  NEW! Notepads with Magnet Backs in cool patterns.

Supplies
  •  Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) with Abstract Themes(Circles, swirls, Monocolored Flowers)
  •  Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) with Nature Themes(Trees, gree leaves, Ocean water...)
  •  Blue Fabric (Love dark blues, blue blues, and light blues in that order) themes.
  •  Orange or Purple Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) also welcome.
  •  3 inch wide elastic
  •  Non Plastic buttons,
  •  Spool of Thread(White, Black, Rainbow Colors),
  •  Knit Elastic 60" long,
  •  Tulle to make Yarn from (2 inch strips) or skirt for niece
  •  Bias Tape
  •  Squirt bottles

•  Fabric Paints (I want to learn to stencil)
  •  Stain Glass Paint
  •  Acrylic Paint
  •  Stencils that I can use. Geeky, Nature, Abstract, Flowers, Hearts, Yoga, or other cool things. I have an xacto knife if I need to cut it out.

•  Bamboo knitting needles Cheesy would love Size 6 (I have DPN and Cabled Size 5 and 7, but as I'm making many washcloths recently patterns call for size 6
  •  Yarn Bamboo Spa (NaturallyCaron.com Spa, Patons Silk Bamboo) and
  •  Yarn Solid colors Any rainbow color is good. Pinks, Purples, Burgendy, and Reds never stay in my stash long. I can never find blues at the store.
  •  Handspun yarn
  •  Yarn Varigated with natural color themes like blues, beige-brown, pinks/purples and greens to yellow.

•  Mason Jars
  •  Purple Socks to make Sock Monkey for Niece.

•  NEW! Tshirt Transfer Paper.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012 03:40:47 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Velvet Rose
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012 08:54:33 PM »

I claim Eiseldora for notecards &  stencils. This is my first claim. 1/0/0

ABOUT ME

Hello, my name's Wendy and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I am currently studying design, with a view to working in sustainable interior styling or product design (I would love to design craft products!).

I have dabbled in many crafts over the years, but my current obsession is paper crafts/altered art. I LOVE Tim Holtz’s work and was privileged to meet him recently (and receive a tag he made in a demo).

My personal style is arty. I like bold, chunky jewellery made out of natural materials such as metal, agate, glass, wood. I mainly wear black, chocolate brown or grey, accented with red, purple, or magenta

My decorating style is quite eclectic - I like a mix of vintage and modern. But I will be moving in a few months, so don’t really want anything until I find out where I will be living.

I like pinky reds, purples, beiges & browns and earthy greens. I dislike blue, mint and dark green, peach, yellow, orange, lavender, as well as cutesy, country, checks, spots, stripes, skulls. My favourite patterns are modern leaf prints or printed damask.

I love natural fibers and fabrics and would prefer not to receive anything in polyester, acrylic or other synthetics.

I can't stand the smell of perfume or cigarette smoke.

I would LOVE a supplies package as I need quite a lot of materials for my design course & to fuel my Tim Holtz addiction.

Items with a * are a big wish.

CRAFTED ITEMS

General
* magnetic spice tins (don't need the spices) see my pinterest for examples
- Beeswax tealight candles (no paraffin or soy wax please)

Knitted
- garter stitch cotton potholders in leaf green or taupe – double thickness please
- woollen socks in one of my fave colours (shoe size eight)
- knitted bowls/baskets in organic or natural coloured cotton

Crocheted
- cotton crocheted handbag in either purple, dark pink, chocolate brown or white (with a shoulder strap and big enough to carry large wallet, drink bottle, makeup bag and phone)
- bowls/baskets in organic or natural coloured cotton
- large crocheted cotton earrings in white, pink, brown or purple
- crocheted cotton jug cover in white with clear or pale green glass beads

Jewelry
I like my jewellery very chunky and natural looking. I wear my necklaces very long (almost to the navel). I like silver or gunmetal tones –gold or copper don’t suit me
- chunky rose quartz or amethyst long necklace, bracelet or earrings (please use silver findings as I am allergic to nickel)
- agate/geode slice/druzy  earrings in purple, brown or gray (please use silver findings as I am allergic to nickel)
- agate/geode slice/druzy  pendant in brown or gray (don’t need a chain)
- jewellery from my wists or pinterest

Sewn:
- one or more pencil rolls/wraps to store my markers or pencils. It needs to have 24 or 36 pockets & I would love one in plain calico or canvas so I can embellish it.

OR Any items on my Crafted Items Wishlist on my pinterest http://pinterest.com/WendyBurgess

SUPPLIES

General
* cork sheets sized at least 8" x 11"
- natural hessian/jute ribbon

Art/Stationary Supplies
* plain greeting cards that I can decorate – particularly white, cream, kraft, taupe (no dark colors please)
* Black cardstock 8” x 11”
* Envelopes made from Kraft paper
- Gold or silver paint pen - fine tip
- Chalkboard paper sheets or labels
- White Chalkboard pen
- sheets of double sided sticky paper
- copic markers in black or dark brown
- daler & rowney gouache – any color
- gummed brown paper tape (what they use on the back of picture frames)

*Papercraft Supplies
Anything by Tim Holtz or Ranger, but particularly…
- Distress ink pads
- Distress stain
- Distress embossing powder
- Distress stickles
- Perfect Pearls mist
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations dies - I already have a few of these so please check before sending
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ornate metal plates
- Tim Holtz Alcohol inks & mixative
- Tim Holtz rubber or clear stamps
- Tim Holtz Design ruler
- Tim Holtz grunge board – solid pieces or shapes
- Ranger sticky back canvas
- Ranger gloss paper or stamping paper
- Ranger Archival Ink pad in black, silver, gold, copper or dark brown
- Tim Holtz Core’dinations packs (the greeting card size not the 12 x 12)
- Ranger Heat Gun
- Anything else by Tim Holtz or Ranger (no other papercraft supplies please)

Thanks to whoever chooses me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012 05:57:10 AM »

I claim Velvet Rose for a pencil roll

this is my first claim
1/0/0

I'm a 26 year old living in London, UK. I work in west end theatre and am studying part time for a physics / maths degree. I'm a massive nerd, I love maths & science humour.
I'm a big bookworm too, i love fantasy / sci-fi type stuff, non-fiction and humour but will read anything put in front of me for long enough.
I am currently completely obsessed with Firefly, in addition to my ongoing crush on the weasley family.
I need tea like most people need oxygen.
My other half is a motion graphic designer. He thinks he's a pirate rock-star, and dresses like Captain Jack crossed with Russell Brand. I think he's the most awesome person ever.

I wear mostly black & grey with highlights of red - i always wear red shoes. My dress sense is... low maintenance, I guess would be a nice way to put it! Day-to day I'm very casual, with a grungy/rock edge. But I love to dress up when i go out, in stupid-high shoes and a kinda rockabilly type look.
My decor taste is shabby chic, nothing ever matches, and I like to find new uses for old things - using something in a different or interesting way. mostly... background grey and neutrals, with splashes of really bright colour.
Nothing to mumsy or fussy, please - and nothing to pink and sparkly either!
I have a cat, and no allergies except bananas.

my blog is very badly designed but i like writing it - it tells you a lot about me http://noodlesnoggin.blogspot.co.uk/
I do handsewing and embroidery, mostly, but I'll try my hand at most things. I knit very badly, and I like up-cycling stuff to find new uses or make boring things prettier. I am particularly experienced in cross-stitch, sock-toy crafting and making obscure Harry Potter puns.

I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this swap Smiley

MY WISHES

Crafted stuff (**stared are the ones i super want Smiley )

1) A zombie gnome http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com/upload/15340454951174556_gEdbpmZz_f.jpg
2) ** A grumpy bear care bears hoodie http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/11188699044195820_H1PMQ1gV_f.jpg (but for a grown up size child...) don't have to make the hoodie, just modify one with matching fabric ears and a stomach patch. UK size 14-16
3) a ribbon wrangler
4) nerd shirt cushion cover with pocket, maybe something along these lines http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872780603_qOPt1vxf_f.jpg
5) an emission spectra scarf http://sternlab.org/2010/02/emission-spectra-  with silver elemental spectrum
6) cat themed TM patches
7) wolf patronus embroidery / artwork
8 ) crochet hook  / knitting needle roll - I especially like the maurader's map ones like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350747.0
9) ** a Goldie the gargoyle! from Neil Gaimen's Neverwhere. can be sculpted (ideally) or knitted what whatever - little in size, sort of sit in the palm of my hand size! http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872780523_Z1O1qKds_f.jpg
10) dinosaur hoodie http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/177329304047543308_Lu2LU530_b.jpg again can just be a purchased hoodie up-cycled
11) box shaped make-up bag - this type shape http://media-cache-ec0.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872942673_Rf8EAHzo_f.jpg
12) bookmarks - something simple to make. I'm providing handmade bookmarks to go in the goodie bags at an event I'm attending in September, I'll need a couple of hundred in total so if you wanna  contribute a few that would be very welcome!
13) carbon atom ring http://media-cache-ec9.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872549202_HUKnchD9_b.jpg
14) snitch/watch http://www.etsy.com/listing/95155305/harry-potter-golden-snitch-pocket-watch but not on a chain Smiley
15) harry potter 'weasley is our king' badge with altered burger king logo http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872548784_Ol5O0ZDq_f.jpg
16) Bookcrossing lables to go on the last page of bookcrossing books - these are ususally printed stickers, about 2.5 cm tall by about 6/7 cm long (I'm guessing by eye on the measurements) with a bit of text, the bookcrossing webaddress and a space to fill in the BCID by hand. I'll take some pictures when I get home to show an example
17) mug hug with a skull on it. black & red. (for my boyf)
18) bath bubbles or other bath stuff with manly scents, for my rock n roll boyf who frequently texts me from inside a hot bowl of bubbles
19) a jayne cobb hat, because I'm shockingly original like that
20) Letter writing paper - I am pen friends with my great aunt & uncle, who live in Canada (Great as in my grandma's sister, as well as in really cool people) so I would love some decorated paper to write to them on
21) a pencil case - big enough to get a scientific calculator (along with a few pens) inside
22) a mug rug... maybe with a caffeine molecule symbol? Or whatever, really Smiley
23) a knitted (or other plushie) little Pigwidgeon Cheesy I love pig!

feel free to raid my pinterest http://pinterest.com/noodlesnotions/ and ask if there is something there you'd like to make

Supplies
1) porcelain paint pens in tans and browns
2) buttons. all and any Cheesy
3) frames - i love unusual frames to put my embroideries in. At the minute I am particularly looking for frames to fit these picture sizes (6'' x 5'') (7'' x 10'' something quite 60s style for this one) (12'' square). second hand is fine, don't need to have glass in them - just a frame and back. I'm really into interesting detail and colours when it comes to frames.
4) any fabric with geeky / maths / science type prints
5) waterproof ink for stamping fabrics - any colours, but especially black, grey, brown
6) seed beads in silver or pearl
7) small, in fact tiny, silver or pearl buttons - the type with holes (not shanks). matching or not is fine
8 ) matte modge podge
9) any old and unreadable copies or any of HP or His Dark Materials books. Or just pages from them
10) glow in the dark embroidery thread
11) sticks to put cake-pops on
12) Indian Rupee coins or notes
13) tweed / wool type fabrics
14) embroidery thread - perle or anything with an interesting texture. any colours
15) any Gorjuss cross stitch patterns (except 'new heights') - used / photocopied is fine as long as they are readable
16) corduroy fabric - any colour, and thickness of cord
17) Double stuff Oreos. Technically a craft supply since they will fuel my ability to craft  Cool I became addicted when i worked in the States, but we can only get the normal ones here and the double stuff are vastly superior
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 07:49:25 PM by noodle-bug - Reason: I keep adding stuff as I think of it ;) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012 09:05:32 AM »

I'll claim noodle-bug for an assortment of bookmarks!

First claim this round.

About Me
35 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. Healing and healthy after major surgery October 5th last year. Engaged as of 12/25/11! Grin

• My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together).
  • My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy.
  • My favorite colors for shirts/clothes are browns, greens, purples, and both heather and charcoal greys.
  • I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together
  • I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.)
  • My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.
  • My favorite flower is the Daffodil.
  • My favorite movie is Back to the Future
  • My favorite hobbies include: reading, photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafty Wishes

Grin = BIG WISH!

Sewing
-- A simple robe. I really like this kimono style. Doesn't have to be exactly like that but I like the Japanese/Asian/Cherry Blossom influence, but it could be other colors/patterns and fabrics that I like as well. Doesn't need to be form-fitting, can be a little roomy. I'm generally a US size 4 and can send measurements!

Grin  -- DSLR Camera Strap or Strap cover I have some examples HERE

Grin -- Mircowave Bowl Potholder. OMG this is brilliant! (Would ultimately like 2; one for me and one for Love.)

-- Sewn/Quilted Fabric Trivets You know, the flat heat-resistant pot holder type things you put between your pan and the counter? Examples: this or this or this or this or this. More examples in sewn pin board These are just examples. You can use other fabrics/colors that you think I'd like. (Browns/blues, fun fabrics, cute patterns, etc.) I have regular "glove" potholders for getting things into/out of oven, now I need FLAT, insulated ones.

-- Reusable fabric produce bag This is great! I hate wasting a plastic bag for one or two apples.

--Greek Goddess Halloween Costume I love this so much. I've wanted one like this for a couple years. It would be awesome to have one sewn to fit me versus generic costume sizes. Would be happy to provide measurements. I had to miss Halloween last year because of surgery so I really want to do something this year!

--Belle Halloween Costume I would also love to dress up as Belle in her "Provincial Town" blue dress. (Can be regular cotton too like THIS) This is a very simple outfit but hard to assemble from ready-made parts. Again, would send any measurements needed!  I had to miss Halloween last year because of surgery so I really want to do something this year!!

--Sewing Surprise There are tons of sewn things on my pinterest as well!

Knitting & Crochet
-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. There are some wisted here for inspiration. (And yes, thick ones for around the house are perfect too!)

NEW --Crochet Parasol. It's so pretty! Can be rainbow, or tones of blues, or blues/browns, or purples or earthy (greens/browns) colors. I just love this idea in general!

-- GORGOUS Knit Shrug. I love cables. I'm sure this is massively huge, but I love it so much I'm putting it on the list anyway. LOL

NEW -- Beautiful, colorful shawl I just love the blend of colors in this! So lovely.

-- Knit or Crochet Surprise Item - You can find more items HERE on my knit/crochet pin board.

Embellished Clothing (Dyed, Embroidered, Screenprinted, etc.)
INFO FOR ALL TEES: Fitted / "babydoll" styles only please! If Misses, size small. If Jr's size medium. I like jewel tones for shirts (emerald green, amethyst purple, turquoise, aqua) plus browns and greys best. Short sleeve or 3/4 sleeve. Scoop or V-neck best (but not so low I have to wear another shirt under it please!) I like Target's Mossimo shirts a lot but other brands are good too.

-- Grin Decorated/Screnprinted/Stenciled/Bleach Pen/Embroidered Fitted T-Shirts Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

--  Grin Batik/Dyed/Ombre/ "Shibori-Dyed" Fitted Tee Shirts Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

-- Galaxy Shirt! I love this. I think either black tee, dark navy blue or dark purple tee is best for the base shirt color. I can't be around bleach (allergic to the vapors) so I can't make this for myself but I'd love someone to make one for me!!

-- Bleach Pen Tees Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

--Embroidered Shirt I really like this idea. Doesn't have to be exact but I think that's a great place to start. Maybe flowers, trees, branches, etc.? Front back, both - I just like this idea a lot.

-- Witch Ruby Slippers. These are too cool. I wear a 6.5 and would prefer a shorter heel more like 2" or so but these are just totally awesome.

Glass, Ceramics, Pottery, Etc.
Grin -- Ceramic Sponge Holder I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. The idea is so useful and the glaze is beautiful!

NEW -- Ceramic Ramekin Bowls Like this or this. Could use some little bowls for dipping sauces, etc.

-- Ceramic Oversized Soup Mug I've got several I love pinned here.

-- Ceramic/Pottery Spoon Rest I have a few examples here but really anything earthy, or blues, or natural type glazes would be wonderful.

-- Apple Tree Fused Glass Nightlight It's so cute!

--Something Stained Glass I love stained glass. A little window decoration, a nightlight, a decorative piece - I think stained glass is so pretty. I have some pieces wisted here for inspiration.

--  Ceramic/pottery/glass wish/surprise item Examples of glass items HERE and ceramic items HERE.

Hoopla, Embroidery, Needlework
--Gil The Crab Art/Hoopla We have a Honda Element. And there were these awesomely funny commercials featuring a crab named Gil who wanted to pinch. (Youtube: I pinch!) We laugh about them still. So maybe art, or a hoop or something with Gil saying, "I pinch!" with the Element next to it like the commercial. It would just be really funny. (Our Element is this color if you want to make it match.) You could just screenshot the Element with Gil standing next to it with him saying, "I pinch!" or something. That would be awesome! Cheesy Like THIS EXAMPLE

NEW Grin -- "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" hoop like THIS or THIS. Too damned funny!!

-- Phoenix Feather Hoopla. Love this in a red/orange/yellow color scheme!

-- Heart Tree Hoopla It's so cute.

-- Window Watching Kitty Hoopla **BUT** with my cat, Mika as the inspiration. Like THIS. (Basically short haired cat, not long haired.) Mika is always sitting and looking out the patio doors, so this is perfect.

-- Dreamfinder Balloon Hoopla I would love something in the style of this but more based on the Dreamfinder balloon. This is from Journey Into Imagination which was my ABSOLUTE favorite ride as a kid at Disney.

-- Needle felted Peeps Bunny Pattern available here. Yellow or pink would be great!

-- "M" Hoopla I love the font, the detail, everything about this example.

-- Bat Hoopla like this. He's so cute! (And Halloween or not, I'd totally keep him around all year!)

-- HOOPLA SURPRISE I've been pinning some so take a peek and see if you get inspired!

-- Needlecraft Surprise I have a bunch of assorted items both stitched and embroidered pinned here which can be used as an inspiration.

Other
  -- Grin Grin Chibi Marty or Doc BttF Plush. Bigger than a medium, but I want to list it anyway. Craftster member Noxika makes these awesome plush (like this and this) and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE one made of Marty McFly or Doc Brown from Back to the Future. Can't you just imagine how awesome a Marty with his orange "life vest" jacket or Doc with his wild hair in this style plush would be??

-- Thumbprint Wedding Tree Painting I have inspirations here. I need someone who's an awesome artist to make a beautiful tree that we can fill in with thumbprints at the reception. Maybe something like 16x20 or 20x24ish? Canvas or canvas board would be best. (sturdy to hang afterward) I'd love maybe a "carved" initials of "S&M" in the trunk? If you leave space, I can add the date and such later since I don't have it yet. I can't draw though so I need someone who's really awesome. Small wedding, like 50ish people so don't need millions of branches either.

-- White Birch Tree Art I love white birch. They used to be all around in PA when I was a kid but they don't grow here. I have examples I love HERE on my art pin board.

-- Anything Back to the Future Inspired It's seriously my favorite movie of all time. DeLorean time machine items, shirts with logos/slogans/products from the films, Doc or Marty things - I just love those films!!

--  Anything with a phoenix. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items or phoenix pinned items as inspiration.

-- Adorable Owl Plush just like these! OMG, I love how cute they are and how soft they look and the colors and how they're smiling...!

-- Daffodils - Spring always makes me think of my favorite flower, the daffodil. They don't grow here in Florida so I've got some wisted daffodil items here to help usher in Spring.

.. last but not least ...

-- SURPRISE ME! Look at my my pinterest or my amazon wishlist, my etsy favorites, the colors I like, my favorite animals, or my favorite flower, etc. and see what you can make that you think I'd like!

Craft Supplies
Craft supply packages are great! Gently used supplies are fine too!

-- Grin Grin Cuttlebug / Sizzix / Sepllbinders embossing folders or dies for cutting! Just got a Cuttlebug and want a bunch!! I've got some favorites listed HERE. Used is fine!

Grin -- Cuttlebug 6-by-9 Folder Like THIS so I can use letters to emboss. Such as...

Grin -- Cuttlebug "Songbird" Plate like THIS. The letters let me emboss words. But you need the 6-by-9 folder to do it.

-- Grin Cuttlebug Adapter Plate so I can use other brands of dies.

-- Glue Gun Holder This is genius. If you're crafty with wood, you could probably easily make it too.

-- Grin Gift Certificate to Amazon I know that sounds weird but I buy a lot of crafty supplies there; things I either can't find locally or I can get cheaper. Since it takes an order of $25 for free shipping, I often don't splurge, but there are things there I've been drooling over! Cheesy

-- Grin Gift Certificate to FireMountain Gems Available here. I recently put in a larger order, and got SO MUCH for my money. It's hard to buy in bulk but when I can, it's SO worth it. So if I could get some giftcards for them, I could combine them and make another big order and save a lot of money vs buying one thing here and there.

-- Mini Cake Pans. How cute are these? I don't know that I *need* them per se, but they're just so darn fun.

-- Lampwork beads. Love. Wish I could make but I''m too scared of open flame. Cheesy

-- Dichroic Glass Beads I love this mix for example. So pretty!

-- Postcard Stamp I think this idea is super fun!

-- Earring Findings I could use some fancier sterling and/or gold (plate/vermeil) ones, especially chandelier style like this or this or this or this or this, etc.

-- Button Maker I think it'd be fun to make my own buttons. Some sort of starter kit would be great. I've never made any before. Can totally be used/pre-owned!

-- Grin Metal alphabet stamps A-Z letters upper and/or lowercase. I have a hammer and anvil but need the stamps!

-- Grin Metal number stamps 0-9. I have a hammer and anvil but need the stamps!

-- Grin Metal stamping blanks Once I get the stamps, I need pre-cut shape tags to stamp on!

-- 14k Gold Fill Round Wire I could use 16 or 18 gauge DEAD SOFT or 24 gauge or 26 gauge DEAD SOFT. Example search on etsy.

-- Inkless metal pen (In silver) This is weird but cool!

-- No MSG Cookbook for purchase HERE. I get migraines and MSG triggers them. I'd love a cookbook specifically to help avoid it!

-- Monin Blackberry Syrup I had this yummy blackberry iced tea at Chili's and this is what they use. I think you can find it at bar/restaurant supply stores too?

-- Anywhere on the Page Punches These are great! I love the heart starry sky (received!) and snow flurries.

Extras

--  Grin Grin Pineapple anything so long as it does NOT have coconut in it. (Candy, snacks, candles, body spray, etc.) Finding pure, straight pineapple is so hard!
 -- Beading/Wire-Wrapping/Jewelry magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)
 -- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)
 -- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut or coffee flavors please.

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Breegy

Craft On!

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012 10:41:35 AM »

I claim phoenixfiredesigns for a surprise from her pinterest. ^_^

1/0/1

ABOUT ME:
I am 24 years old, and I live near St. Louis, MO. I have a 1 year old daughter, and a boyfriend of 3 years. I am a stay at home mother and I go to school full time for Graphic Design. I am very crafty and don't stick to a particular method, so it's hard to pinpoint my expertise. I just started crocheting and am on my practice items right now. I am getting good though (if only I could get the tension right -_-)! I am also currently obsessed with Joss Whedon and his brilliance.

To get an idea of my style or things I like for anything you want to make, here is my pinterest account: http://www.pinterest.com/breegy

Lace everything
Antiqued anything
I like bold, dark, jewel, and fall tones. I can never get enough of brown!
I'm also into that shabby chic style.
All metals
Owl anything!
Lavender, Hippy, and Coffee scents
Dangly earrings
Everything nerdy
Turquoise (the mineral, not particularly the color)
Nature inspired things
Anything wearable and leather (I'm a leather jacket and combat boots kinda girl)
Sucker for anything Browncoat

Dislikes:
Pinks, reds, and purples.
Useless, cluttering stuff.
I'm extremely picky about my necklaces, so I prefer not to be given any.
Fruit scents and mint scents
Anything super girly (unless it's floral or lace)

I have no allergies that I know of, and hopefully I don't find out about them from your swaps!

THINGS ON MY SUPER-DUPER WANT LIST ARE IN BOLD!

WISHLIST:

SEWING:
Throw Pillows with any combination of green, red, yellow, and brown. (I know, terrible color combo. That was obviously my boyfriend's doing)
Pincushion
TM Patches
Felt Badges
Crochet/knitting/yarn bag or box (a little needle organizer would be great as well!)
Black, white, &/or light blue kitchen towels (the only theme going on is I have this picture hanging in lighter colors: http://www.encore-editions.com/coles-phillips-good-housekeeping-cover-june-1914)
A Kindle hard cover
Hoopla art
Actual-size knitted/crocheted/fabric/paper flowers for a fake garden!
NEW! Maxi dress in black (or pre-approved fabric)
NEW! Travel Trashbag
NEW! Sleep mask
NEW! Lavender Drawer Sachets
NEW! Oven mits (light blue, black and white)
NEW! Modern, stylish baby booties for my new neice
NEW! Re-usable totes in any material (I want to be more green!)
NEW! Mug rugs
NEW! Soap Apron in light blue, black, and/or white: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248474777/
NEW! A cinch purse: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285247750143/

KNITTED/CROCHETED:
Coffee mug cozy
This knitted or crocheted top: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248474226/
Actual-size knitted/crocheted/fabric/paper flowers for a fake garden!
NEW! Re-usable totes in any material (I want to be more green!)
NEW! Scarf like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248544498/

OTHER MEDIUMS:
These fabric house boots (size 8; Army Green, or Black are okay as well; No embellishment): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333544.0
Bracelets! (Anything goes, but I don't like bangles very much, I like for my bracelets to hug my wrists. I have wanted a fork bracelet for a loong time, though!)
Decorated plates that you can eat off of (style doesnt matter)
Cute keychains. Anything goes, but I particularly like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248363104/ & http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248492978/
A hangable jewelry holder in dark blue, light blue, tan, or brown. (i have loads of necklaces and earrings, but minimal bracelets and rings)
Mugs, Mugs, Mugs! I like cute, quirky, sarcastic, or themed mugs! (obviously I should be able to drink out of them)
Traditional dreamcatcher
Homemade stamps (surprise me with shapes! I have a very small existing stamp collection. Make what you find to be useful!)
NEW! Zombie gnome
NEW! Owl Bookends
NEW! Homemade Soap (See likes/dislikes for scents)
NEW! Assemblage/mixed-media resin necklace charms
NEW! Handmade Journal
NEW! Jewelry pendants made of upcycled Arizona Greentea cans (I'm obsessed)
NEW! Bamboo Wind-chimes: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248544344/
NEW! Mini Suitcases: http://pinterest.com/pin/222928250274610337/
NEW! Candles
NEW! Hand-made paper

IN A THEME:
These are things I want particularly in the theme of Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, The Guild, or Doctor Who.
Mousepad
A Jedi robe!
Magnets
Mug rugs!
Hoopla art (funny quotes are a plus)
Screenprinted, embroidered, dyed, etc. shirts (Size medium in woman's fitted/babydoll please! I prefer V-necks, but other types are fine. Sleeves can be any length, and i like bold, grey, and earth tones (army green, brown, mustard yellow,etc) - No red, please!
Canvas shoes (size US WOMANS 8 1/2 )
Home decor items (throwpillows, hangable art, etc)
Figurines! (Plush, clay, or any other medium)
Felt Badges
A dice drawstring bag
Babushka dolls
A Jayne Cobb hat from the TV show Firefly: Thanks Eiseldora!

FOR MY DAUGHTER:
Anything and everything OWL and FLORAL is perfect. Her new room will be in shabby chic styles, so that might help! I'm not a fan of [bright] pink, purple, butterflys, dragonflies, or anything of those likes! Bright pink is bad, baby pink is okay!
Framed Owl Picture (any material, any color scheme)
Hangable letters, any letters but "E". Any design, any color. Get creative! I just prefer them to not be painted on a canvas or framed art. EX: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285247721386/
Baby-safe handmade toys. (18 month age range)
Yo Gabba Gabba Puppets!
Crochet/knitted foods
Size 4 house booties
Dress-up clothes (I'm starting early!)
NEW! Shabby chic buntings
NEW! Bath Crayons: http://pinterest.com/pin/253468285248544304/
NEW! Pillowcase dresses

ANYTHING FROM MY "MAKE FOR ME" BOARD ON PINTEREST:
I also have a lot of examples(and styles I like) on pinterest of things I already have listed here. It's a good place to go!
http://pinterest.com/breegy/make-for-me/

SUPPLIES: (I am okay with used)
1. Fabric scraps. I love those little folded yard squares you can buy from Joann's. Any design!
2. Scrapbook paper. I can never have too much!
3. Yarn (any colors and weights; No grey)
4. Acrylic Paint (any colors)
5. Acrylic Paint Brushes (any styles)
6. Fabric paint (markers are better!)
8. Mason Jars
9. Shadow Boxes
10. Legos
11. Crochet Books
12. Hoops!
13. Embroidery thread (any and all colors)
14. T-Shirt Yarn (Brown and Beige colors!)
15. Ribbon (any and all colors/designs)
16. Colored Duck Tape
17. Felt (any and all colors)
18. Freezer Paper
19. Shrinky dink
20. Permanent markers (not black)
21. Embroidery fabric
22. Perler beads
23. Wine corks

EXTRAS:
Anything coffee flavored, including coffee!
A magnet from your location
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012 11:55:37 AM by Breegy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to the World of Batman
A Guide to Indie Comic Books
Todd McFarlane Interview
Who Is Your The Least Favorite Cartoon Animal
What Would Jack Kirby Say When You Will Get to Heaven
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...