A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - An Herbalism Swap R4 - GALLERY  (Read 4915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingerpeachy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012 03:49:24 PM »

I received the most lovely package from dreadlocklove!

packed with tons of goodies!  Cheesy

Jam jar bonnets.

sun-dried apricot butter, lavender jelly, dandelion jelly, and pickled ginger!

chives, dandelion leaves, celeriac leaves, and skullcap

hand-painted dandelion mug (it says "make a wish" on the handle).  Dandelions were my favorite thing to play with outside when I was a child (which my partner didn't know!), so this is extra special to me!  The tea cup tea infuser thing is super cute too!

mug cozy!  love the colors

sprouts! Cheesy

castille soap, and bath bombs

a lovely eye pillow in my favorite color, an herbal vapor balm, and some skullcap tincture.  I'm going through a very stressful time in my life, so these have been a life-saver.

Thank you, dreadlocklove!  This is one of the best swap packages I've ever received.  <3
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012 04:01:58 PM by sinellia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
dreadlocklove
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012 04:10:46 PM »

I'm glad you like it!

You said one of your favourite herbs was mint so I threw in the skullcap because it's a part of the mint family.  I wanted to give you something different (that is, if you've never tried it before).  It's one of my favourite teas too and is very good for stress.  I was chronically stressed a few years back and after three days of a three-cups-per-day regimen, I recall sitting in my reading chair and it just hit me how at peace I felt.  I hope you feel the same benefits.  =)

Something told me to add in the skullcap tincture even though I prepared it a while ago.  I didn't want to come across as rude by just adding gifts that were made outside of the swap but I'm glad I listened after chatting with you last night.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012 07:03:09 AM »

what an awesome package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
dreadlocklove
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012 11:15:02 AM »

I received a beautiful package from Ginger/sinellia this morning!  

Two different types of tincture.  The first is Nerve Ease and contains chamomile, peppermint, catnip, skullcap, yarrow, and hops.  The second is dandelion and is intended as a liver detox (I need that!).  Also, there is some a reduced-sugar/sweetener pectin that I've never heard of (we only have the Bernadin variety where I live) so I'm excited to try that.

A couple of tincture bottles...  A jar of Happiness Sugar Scrub which was made by Tree of Live Body Nurture, a friend of Ginger's).  Between that and Ginger's bath salts, which use the same essential oil blend, that package was smelled really REALLY nice when I opened it!  The blend is unknown but I definitely like it and will have to check out the company's website to see if I can get my hands on some more products.

Lots of herbs!  They were all listed in my questionnaire as favourites:  Holy Basil, Chamomile, Marshmallow Root, Echinacea, Maca Root Powder, Goji Berries, Skullcap.  All organic too!

And finally...  A jar of lavender syrup that tastes yummy.  I have some blueberry and rhubarb crumble baking in the over and I added 3/4 of the jar to it.  I can't wait to try it!  A beautiful floral pendant.  The frame is made of brass, and the rest with washi paper and a non-toxic 3D crystal glaze.  It's really beautiful in person.  The back has some small engraved details.  My next all-for-me project will be a chain for this.  Last but not least, a knitted panta headband that I had favourited on Ravelry.  It's browner than what's shown, and made of cotton I believe.  As big as my head and hair is, it fits (which is nice because the weather has cooled down drastically this past week)    Grin

It was really nice to meet and get to know you better through this swap, Ginger, and thanks very much for the swap!

EDITED TO NOTE:  The panta is made of ORGANIC cotton!  =)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012 12:50:12 PM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
amymisha
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012 01:35:52 PM »

I got my lovely package. Typing is difficult, but I will do my best here:

A gorgeous, gorgeous apron. With bells! Smiley

Nommy nommy nom nom.....marmeldae!

Wonderful soap that I can not stop sniffing!!!!

AMAZING tea set!!! AMAZING I say!

What's this?Huh What's THIS???

Absolute awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Myrdda! I am so sorry about my dumb wrists and the lateness in sending. Smiley Thank you for cheering me up! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012 08:53:18 PM »

amymisha - I'm glad you liked it all - I hope the apron isn't too loud for you. This was a fun swap to do. I just want to add a couple of shots of the grimoire inside

I only wish I could have done a whole complement of botanical illustrations for you - but that's really not my forte. Can't wait for your pkg to arrive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Witchhippie
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012 08:51:59 AM »

WOW, such great packages!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
dreadlocklove
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012 06:26:00 AM »

Yummy yummy to the marmalade!  Also I wish I could sniff those soaps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
amymisha
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012 05:51:20 PM »

The apron is not too loud at all. And it has jingle bells. Sorry I didn't take or post as many photos as I should have. Smiley The grimoire is awesome, I have been curled up with it all week.

And I can not stop practically sticking that soap up my nose it is so yummy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myrdda

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012 09:04:21 PM »

haha - I'm so pumped - I received such an awesome package today!
The very coolest! wool dyed with plants! the colors are very subtle and look the same on my phone, so I made sure that the tags showed up. I'm so impressed with these - and can't decide what to make

but that's okay, because I also received

how spoiled am I?? you have no idea!

massage balm and green tomato chutney

and herbed salt. I'm so impressed!!

and then I received these!

for what, I wonder? maybe THIS will inspire me!

dude! you totally spoiled me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Winter Fashion: Casual Outerwear Trends
Cozy and Comfortable Outerwear for Winter
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
British Designer Makes Most Expensive Dress In The World
Marchesa Goes Sporty For The New York Jets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...