A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,064
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Swap?  (Read 5805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012 07:28:46 PM »

I tried watching a couple of the episodes from I think the first season but it was SOOOOO horribly cheesy, we just couldn't stomach any more!  I'm only familiar with 9-11 although 10 was always my favorite!  As far as companions go, my absolute favorite would be Jack.  (We got to see him (Barrowman) in Chicago this year at C2E2!!!)  It took me a bit to like 11, I have to admit, but he's definitely grown on me.  I can't wait for the next season!
Edited to correct my number mistakes!  Boy is this embarassing! hehehe.  I really am a huge fan, honest!  It was a long day at work
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012 12:25:45 PM by Larissa-Rasputin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
Eiseldora
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012 07:52:49 PM »

I tried watching a couple of the episodes from I think the first season but it was SOOOOO horribly cheesy, we just couldn't stomach any more!  I'm only familiar with 8-10 although 9 was always my favorite!  As far as companions go, my absolute favorite would be Jack.  (We got to see him (Barrowman) in Chicago this year at C2E2!!!)  It took me a bit to like 10, I have to admit, but he's definitely grown on me.  I can't wait for the next season!

You are the first person I've seen that took time to warm up to David Tennant. He is one of the most popular Doctors Cheesy.

If you are a fan you should watch seasons 5 and 6 with Math Smith (11). We are currently waiting for season 7, but the previews of the Doctor and his companions in the old west, look wicked cool.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012 01:52:12 AM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012 12:05:48 AM »

I might be down for this. I always get major swap anxiety, but I always regret letting a Who swap pass me by.

9 is my first Doctor, 10 is my favorite, and I wish 11 was my best friend.

Rose is my very favorite companion. Doomsday makes me bawl.
I'm not usually fond of abrasive people, so it took a while to warm up to Donna. But now I love her. Doctor Donna... :')
Couldn't stand Martha. Sorry?
Can barely stand Amy, but I do love when 11 calls her Amelia.
Rory is great.

I should point out that I typically hate most female characters at first... sometimes for jealousy, sometimes because they annoy the crap out of me.

I watched the first several episodes of classic Who a while back, but I had a hard time staying interested, so I stopped after a while. I plan on watching all of classic Who someday, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Bunnie Boo
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012 03:50:58 AM »

I would defo be up for this swap  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I am willing to do personal swaps~

~I love MoNsTeRs!!!~
Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012 08:30:10 AM »

Mmm, I always forget to say how much I love Jack! I actually watched Torchwood before I watched Doctor Who, and he was the only character I really like on that show.

I tried watching a couple of the episodes from I think the first season but it was SOOOOO horribly cheesy, we just couldn't stomach any more!  I'm only familiar with 8-10 although 9 was always my favorite!  As far as companions go, my absolute favorite would be Jack.  (We got to see him (Barrowman) in Chicago this year at C2E2!!!)  It took me a bit to like 10, I have to admit, but he's definitely grown on me.  I can't wait for the next season!

It took me a while to get used to 10... he still isn't my favorite but he is ok... I don't know, he just whines too much, and he is a bit too self centered. Although, having watched to first story arc from Original Who, the Doctor is even more annoying when he was "younger." My house mate and I theorized that he keeps regenerating younger and younger because he has to run so much! He was whining a lot about that in Original Who...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012 11:41:22 AM »

I forgot to mention Captain Jack! Love him and how he can hit on anyone and anything. I don't love him as much in Torchwood. I think I just miss how carefree he is in Doctor Who compared to Torchwood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012 12:27:54 PM »

Oops!  Just realized I had my numbers wrong!  D'oh!  *facepalm*  I am a horrible fan!  I definitely want to check out some of the other earlier seasons, just haven't gotten around to it, thanks for the specific suggestions though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012 01:12:45 PM »

Okay. I think I've got the point system thing down. Thank you!

Anyway, though, August is when I move in to college and start classes, but I still REALLY REALLY want to do this swap!

BTW, has anyone ever listened to Chameleon Circuit? My favorite songs are Nightmares and Still Got Legs!!! What about you all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012 01:50:08 PM »

Ah, Chameleon Circuit... love those guys! I've been looking around for Trock a little after I found them, and I have a few others that I really like. When I'm at home I'll look them up for you guys! You can listen to Chameleon Circuit free online... I'll find that link too but just search for their bandcamp!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012 02:50:10 PM »

http://chameleoncircuit.bandcamp.com/ Chameleon Circuit, lots of fun Doctor Who music. They have two CDs, but I've only listened to this one...

http://www.myspace.com/thegeekchicband Only a few songs, but they almost remind me of a female Chameleon Circuit

http://soundcloud.com/idris-trock Some of her stuff is low quality, but I really like most of it!

http://soundcloud.com/trevor-lucier He has Doctor Who stuff, Sherlock stuff, and lots of other random stuff. Lots of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Hair Dryer
How to Tease Hair
What Is the Secret to French Hair
Top Tips for Short Hair
How to Use Velcro Rollers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...