A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sharpie Bike!! Awesome hubby let me have fun!  (Read 1099 times)
Tags for this thread: motorcycle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 27, 2012 03:04:13 PM »

I am not really sure were to put this so I am guessing Miscellaneous will cover it.  Wink
 I got a phone call at work a couple Fridays ago from my husband asking me to Sharpie his bike. Eek! Sounded fun and nerve wracking all at once. I was under the impression that he just wanted a whole bunch of squiggles and grafitti and that we would both be doing it. Wrong. After we got all the Sharpie's he started asking me to actually DRAW on it. Completely different. Oh, and needed it ready by the morning!
 Here is a picture of the bike before, almost. Just regular silver. but I had already done his car club logo on it. We forgot about before pics until it was almost too late.

Here is the "A" on the table. The pieces were all wonky in shape. Very weird to work with...

This is the front. My Hubby did the writing. The one thing I refused to do was write on it. My handwriting is beyond horrible. It was funny to watch him write on it because he kept saying not to be nervous and I was being silly. He wrote out the CBR about twenty times before writing it on the bike, then declared he ruined the entire thing. LOL! He did fine.  Wink

I added a sort of matching girl on the tank...

After I did her I may have cried a little. They are not my best work and the thought of people seeing them made me really upset. That and I was super tired at this point. Now I am more at peace with the whole thing. Notice the glove on one hand only. Ha! It's so hard to just draw and not lay down a sketch before hand!

The next day he got up bright and early and went to the how. I stayed in bed recovering. He brought home this and gave it to me for my help. The pic is really bad as I had just woken up and was trying to paint a swap project in my lap. Notice the Sharpie pack still in my lap. LOL!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012 03:05:30 PM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012 03:12:14 PM »

Oooo yay!  I think you did an amazing job, especially since you just had to just draw it and not get to erase anything.  Sharpies can be so unforgivable! I like that it looks like she is laying a puddle of oil.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012 05:34:40 PM »

I think you did a phenomenal job, as usual!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012 06:02:18 PM »

Fabo Fabbo Fabo!  And I noticed the glove missing, but I thought it was because she was just starting a little strip tease Grin. Your figures are so amazing, it's about time you got a huge honking trophy for them Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012 06:02:27 PM »

This is amazing. You did such a great job for free handing it. So good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012 06:14:21 PM »

Thanks guys!
 It was really hard to accept it when I first did it because free handing it on there was difficult with the curved sufaces too. All I could think about is everyone who would see it. I just had to turn on some Criminal Minds and put everything else to the back of my mind! Ha! We agreed it was a work in progress. My husband does some shows that are themed so we are going to sand all this off and do other stuff for those shows. He does one called Freak Show which I already have some circus ideas for.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012 08:00:52 AM »

Really nice! I hope you sealed it with and acrylic sealer. Even tho it's permanent, I don't really trust it, esp. since it will be exposed to the elements - would hate to see all that beautiful work you guys did get smeared or washed off. If you didn't rough up the surface before drawing, there would be nothing for the sharpie it cling to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012 08:12:43 AM »

I'm not surprised that your work looked fabulous.
I was just gobsmacked that he called and asked you to sharpie his bike!  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014 11:21:59 AM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
gozer

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012 10:01:01 AM »

Oh NO! I refuse to get on that thing! LOL! Doodling with a Sharpie is as close as I want to be.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Swimsuits Perfect for Any Body Type
The No-Fail Guide to Pool Party Style This Summer
Wedding Guest Style Tips
Wardrobe Tips with Lawrence Zarian
Simple NYC Street Style - The Easiest Way to Dress Cool
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...