A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday 2013  (Read 14124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2013 07:34:39 AM »

I have a lot more WIPS than I want to mention, but these two are my latest that I am going to finish! Cheesy

This is a mock cable cowl made from Madeline Tosh...I have one more row of "cable" and then a few rows of ribbing left to do!

I started this yesterday...one of my goals for 2013 is to make one project out of each magazine or book I buy and then give away the magazine or book so it just does not take up space for the new ones I want!  This is a cowl from Interweave, I believe the Spring 2011. The yarn is Knitpicks Swish Superwash Merino in a blue colorway.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013 07:36:09 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013 10:55:10 AM »

Whoa -- you knit that much in a day?

I am in awe, always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2013 01:28:08 PM »

not the cowl!  that has been a forever WIP---I do about 10 rows on that a day--it is boring!!

The new blue cowl I did in about half an hour...I like to knit but I am not that fast, yofi! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013 03:05:03 AM »

alwaysinmyroom - those cowls are both very pretty!  The mock cable one looks so warm and cosy!  I like the idea of actually using the magazine / book for the project you want, and then giving the magazine away.  If only there were more knitting hours in the day!  Cheesy

My WIP this week... can you guess...

The ten-stitch blanket.  It is currently about 110cm wide, and I still have lots of yarn to use!  It is good winter knitting as it keeps you lovely and warm whilst you are working on it! 

Also, I have some egg hats on the go (as the ten-stitch is to now too big to take to my knitting group!).  These are very quick to do, the pattern is EggHeads by Emily Ivey.

What are you working on this week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013 06:19:21 AM »

Trekky - that blanket is looking fab! I love all the colours   Grin

I notice you are getting a sort of  'ridge' effect where you are picking up along the edge of the sides - You'll have to show me sometime how you are picking up those stitches cause when I did this pattern I didnt get a raised edge  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013 07:46:32 AM »

I notice you are getting a sort of  'ridge' effect where you are picking up along the edge of the sides - You'll have to show me sometime how you are picking up those stitches cause when I did this pattern I didnt get a raised edge  Huh

The ridge is only on that side, and I think (?) I prefer the other side which is ridge-free.  I  have noticed that some ten-stitches are completely ridge-free.  For me I've been sl1, k8, sl1, then picking up the stitch from the border, knitting this, and then slipping the slipped stitch over.  I think it is this slipping that gives the ridge.  From looking at other projects I think some are joined with a k2tog (which probably is an easier move than all that knitting & slipping).  Does that make sense?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013 08:35:52 AM »

So, dumb question, but is this just a group to discuss their knitting WIP or can it be any yarny craft?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013 01:51:42 PM »

RLB--there are WIPS on the Crochet, Fiber and Knitting Boards....this one is supposed to be for knitting of some sort...I am sure you will not be tossed out if you can't find a more appropriate board! Cheesy

I frogged the blue cowl since putting it together did not give me the same look as in the book...I might just as well have knitted in the round instead of having to join....so, I now need to find a more subtle variegated yarn or a different pattern for that yarn...I finished the mock cable cowl...

I can't believe that the only scarf I have left on needles is my linen stitch scarf...what a tedious knit that is...

trekky--that blanket is going to be so pretty with all of those colors...I really need to either do the circular one of that one...seeing your progress makes me want to do the one you are doing...

I think I am also going to do an entralec hat...my first!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013 01:53:16 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandyandbingley
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2013 07:47:40 PM »

I finally(!!!!!) finished my blue sweater (it's blocking, hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow) so I started a hat tonight while watching Downton Abbey:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2013 05:18:47 PM »

Trekky, your blanket looks so great! Wow, it has gotten big.

mandy, what stitch are you using? It looks almost like herringbone, but only slanting one way. Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Inside Out Cheeseburger Recipe
Mac and Cheese with Peas and Bacon Recipe
Chili Dogs with Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
Burger Bar Tips and Quick Recipes
Don’t Tell Mama: Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...