A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap Round 7 Discussion & Gallery  (Read 21897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

canamharris
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012 03:35:45 PM »

I believe those sulky ones are permanent! I almost bought one from sublime stitching until I read that part! I usually use my trusty blue pen too but it was bleeding too much on this fabric! I  forgot if I liked the pink pencil or not. now I remember, I don't! I think after handwashing it, oxy cleaning it, and washing it in the washer the pink was light enough to blend into the design mostly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012 03:36:31 PM »

Lately though I have been printing a lot of my patterns right onto the fabric by running them through my printer.  Its a great way to add pops of color, or if its a pattern with a lot of detail that's hard to trace.  

Okay, I have to try this!  I want to try a pattern but was worried how I would get it all traced properly but now you've given me a plan.

The only downfall is the fabric has to be the size of a piece of paper and that only fits into a 6" hoop.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2012 06:58:01 PM »

I feel like a dunce - I have printed text on fabric and embroidered around it, but never thought to print the design on the fabric. I rarely stitch bigger than 6" so the size wouldn't be a problem.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2012 05:24:23 AM »

I feel like a dunce - I have printed text on fabric and embroidered around it, but never thought to print the design on the fabric. I rarely stitch bigger than 6" so the size wouldn't be a problem.

I started doing it out of laziness hah! I hated tracing patterns and I wasn't very good at it.  I always messed them up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012 10:24:01 AM »

I claimed denorange for a Mario Hoop. I think I've already found what I am going to do...but I need to see if I have the right threads or if I need to go shopping.

When you put the fabric through the printer do you have to secure it to something first?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012 12:52:09 PM »

There are a few ways to do it.  I use a piece of cardstock printer paper and cut the fabric to the exact size of the paper and then use spray adhesive to glue the fabric to the paper.  Its only jammed on me a few times, you just have to make sure all the little strings are cut off and the fabric isn't hanging over the paper anywhere. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012 05:26:13 PM »

I love gallery  Grin awesome hoop all around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012 06:13:00 PM »

If anyone hasn't signed up for this round yet, tonight is the last night Smiley Claims continue to the end of July.

We will be taking a little breather between rounds again this time - So many of us are signed up for the regular Hoopla (round Cool that I think there might be some significant thread stalling or over committing to claims (a big problem for me - I'm trying to be good this round). If you haven't signed up for Hoopla round 8 you have a few days left to fill out your questionnaire and sign up http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411402.0.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012 07:40:05 PM »

Love the hoops so far.  I've planned my hoop, just need to get started.  So has anyone else found that their michaels isn't carrying wooden hoops any more?  Mine had only plastic ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012 08:52:58 PM »

I've had a hard time finding the wood ones anywhere around here lately. Luckily Hobby Lobby had some this time. I've got a good start on my hoop tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get The Bump
How to Get Perfect Hair Color at Home
Double Duty Beauty
GirlProps, Soho - NYC, New York
How to Do Your Highlights At Home
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...