A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap Round 7 Discussion & Gallery  (Read 36258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurumi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012 08:40:44 AM »

taking my hoop with me to the park for a kids picnic playdate! I think I might have had it done by now if I didn't have to deal with some drama with our landlord. (the usual, our well is giving us water that's not safe to drink. fine I'll call the health inspector on your A---. the usual Cry)

Lets all think happy thoughts for us so that I can sew and stitch instead of having to run around like a chicken with my head cut off!  Grin

I hope that gets resolved quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wall Art Swap: Crafting!

teambeachbody.com/BigBangFitnessMomma  -- take your fitness journey with me!
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012 05:12:37 AM »

Homerof2 answered my wish and made me a matching hoopla to the K she made me last round. Hubby's last name starts with K, mine starts with S. Don't they look great together? Now I have to redo my entire hoopla wall so they can compliment each other Cheesy

Thank you Cindy!!!

p.s. if you want to check out the even more spectacular hoop she made me for IYP, take a look here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012 06:56:48 AM »

Those letters are sure neat Homerof2  did you start with the letter and then fill in or was it charted? 

I haven't even started my steam punk hoop yet as I'm sitting here pondering over two designs that would both be super neat; I supposed I could just make both and decide when I'm done  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012 07:18:51 AM »

Those letters are sure neat Homerof2  did you start with the letter and then fill in or was it charted? 

The letter is charted so that I know it will look okay on the fabric but after that I just start making lines where I think they will look good and once the lines are finished, I add the x's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012 06:51:36 AM »

The blackwork, negative space, letters are great, such a strong look.

I have done a little blackwork (and one redwork) and I think there is so so much to explore there, such a unique style.  I would love to see more people do that.

I'm heading to the post office to put my hoop for Johnson mom2two in the mail!  I made her one hoop, it was an embroidered cute moose on yellow gingham and it was an epic fail, the fabric was too tight and my stitches looked like I was drunk.  And for some reason it looked like the moose had overalls on lol.  So, I started over, and my second 'animal' hoop for her turned out much much better I think.  Thank the stars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012 06:56:12 AM »

a moose in overalls? Awesome! I may add that to my list. Did you keep it? Cheesy

I'm a little late to the game (had to wait on feedback and hadn't even been looking at new swaps) but the regular hoopla swap is open for sign-ups in case anyone wants to double up on the hoopla swaps this month - I can never get enough hoopla in my life!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411402.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

canamharris
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012 07:03:27 AM »

I have done a little blackwork (and one redwork) and I think there is so so much to explore there, such a unique style.  I would love to see more people do that.

I'm heading to the post office to put my hoop for Johnson mom2two in the mail!  I made her one hoop, it was an embroidered cute moose on yellow gingham and it was an epic fail, the fabric was too tight and my stitches looked like I was drunk.  And for some reason it looked like the moose had overalls on lol.  So, I started over, and my second 'animal' hoop for her turned out much much better I think.  Thank the stars.

I think its totally ok to post your craft fails....especially when its as awesome as a moose wearing overalls! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012 08:11:41 AM »

[/quote]

I think its totally ok to post your craft fails....especially when its as awesome as a moose wearing overalls! Wink
[/quote]

I agree! Now I'm super curious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012 08:24:24 AM »

I think I'm done claiming for this round. I've made 3 claims. Averia, I finished yours and will mail it out probably Monday after I get my address for the 4x6 Swap Partner....I'm hoping to take a week or so trip to TN the beginning of August before school starts for the kids and before I organize a couple swaps end Aug/early Sept. I can't wait to see what all shows up in the Gallery for the rest of this swap!  Today's a big mail day for me...two of my hoops should arrive today as well as a package from another swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012 09:01:33 AM »

I agree that there is so much you can do with blackwork, I know I will be doing more in the future as I have other ideas kicking around in my head.

I'd also like to add my voice to the others that you should show us your moose in overalls!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
How to Do Casual Beach Braids
How to Do a Heidi Braid Aka Goddess or Renaissance Braid
How to Do a Twist Braid or Rope Braid
How to Do a French Braided Bang
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...