A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
806 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap Round 7 (sign-ups closed, claims 7/1-7/31)  (Read 6036 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubylynns
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012 02:14:45 PM »

I claim canamharris for something reading/book related! 

2/0/0

Hi Im Ruby, I live in Ohio. I have been married for 6 years to a wonderful husband and have a wild little 3 year old boy.  I also have 2 kitty cats that I love/hate depending on the day HAH!   I have a small obsession with pinterest so you will find lots and lots of ideas on there.  I have a board of hoops I like and also please look at the board of hoops Ive received! Thanks.   I will be on Vacation the week of July 7th till the 14th. My mail will all be held at the post office till the 16th.

Themes

- anything from sublime stitching
- pink stand mixer
-satin stitched barbie silhouette
-anything from my pinterest hoop board.
   http://pinterest.com/rubylynns/emboridery-i-want/
-anything from pinterest in general.  pinterest.com/rubylynns
-zelda theme a link to the past is my favorite game.
-mario brothers theme
-cutesy ie: kites, laundry line, tree swing
-skulls or sugar skulls
-scarygirl by Nathan Jurevicius  http://www.scarygirl.com/ scarygirl or blister in a hoop would be great.
-I love urban threads any of their patterns.
-a hoop with a granny square embroidered on it.  I think this is a really cool concept and major plus points if someone picks it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012 07:40:33 AM »

I claim rubylynns for pink stand mixer due July 28th
1/0/0

Hi, I'm Laura, and I also live in Ohio, although I'm from Anchorage Alaska, and that reflects a lot in my taste! I have a 6 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy, and have been married to my husband 9 years (in about a week!). I don't want anything vulgar/profane/scary. Cutesy is ok! I've been starting my hoop wall in my kitchen, and the space I'm putting it in goes over my cabinets so  hoops 4-5" fit best.. other sizes will just have to find a place somewhere else, I guess!  I tend to like earthy tones the best, but I am just starting my hoop collection, so I'm excited by almost anything!

Here are my themes:
Big Bang Theory (I am obsessed....message me for ideas of what I'm wanting...I have tons of ideas!)--or your own ideas!
Alaska (mountains!!, animals, Anchorage skyline, Alaska outline with the heart where Anchorage is, etc)
Animals (our favorites are: Moose, Manatee, polar bear, owl, cute monkeys, gorillas, dolphin, penguin)
Superheroes (for my son-- example: Batman, Spiderman, Captain America, Green Lantern---the person or the symbol--or mix)
Pick a season and craft it (winter/spring/summer/fall)
The beach!
Clothesline (this can be bigger b/c I think I'll hang in laundry room...I'd love it to say something like ----I'd rather be hanging outside--whatever you want!)
Anything from my Pinterest hoop board
Inspiring quotes from my let's consider this board

pinterest.com/bigbangmomma

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 07:55:43 AM by johnson.mom2two » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012 08:11:18 PM »

I claim johnson.mom2two for animals (probably a penguin)
(2/0/0)

Hi! I'm Kerstin, a mom of two teens in New Jersey. I love to garden and have lots of fibery hobbies. I love sci-fi and  anything geeky, and am not a fan of neon colors.

Themes:
Hyperbole and a Half- I love the Alot, God of Cake and Clean all the things! Well I love ALL of them actually!
Miyazaki movies-Totorro, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away
Doctor Who,dalek's, K-9,Tardis, cybermen, adipose
Firefly Serenity, funny quotes-anything!
Dr Horrible
The Guild
Star Wars
Robots-any kind
2001 the movie, hal 9000
sheep, spinning wheels, knitting
Shaun the sheep, or any mischievous animals
Cute monsters
Super Grover
Beaker, Animal, Crazy Harry from the Muppets
slugs, snails, ferns
Jane Austen book (quotes?)
Colorful happy designs
anything inspired by my pinterest
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012 09:29:02 PM »

I'm claiming dragonflyducky for a Doctor Who themed hoop.

1/0/0

Hey there!  I'm Sandy from Kalamazoo, MI, and I love HOOPLA!! I'm a theatre geek from way back, and am doing my best to raise my children in the theatre.  I love a variety of things - so I'm not opposed to crafter's choice.

I'm not too particular on themes - I love seeing what other people come up with, so crafter's choice is always an option.

My Themes:
Whedonverse-inspired
Superheroes
quirky art
disney-esque (think aladdin, or hercules, or nightmare before christmas)
harry potter
vampires (non-twilight as real vamps don't sparkle)
victorian clothing
jewel tones, especially reds, blues, and purples.
Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony (or My LIttle Pony in general)
Doctor Who (quotes, adipose, tardis, etc)
Lego pop culture (I'm obsessed with the video games, neveryoumind that i'm 32)

Or, for my lovely children-
Thomas the train and friends
Princess type stuff
Adventure Time or Sonic the Hedgehog

I do have a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sandracanderson/
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012 05:19:52 AM »

I claim Sandroo for Thomas The Train due 7/29
2/0/0

Hi, I'm Laura, and I live in Ohio, although I'm from Anchorage Alaska, and that reflects a lot in my taste! I have a 6 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy, and have been married to my husband 9 years (in about a week!). I don't want anything vulgar/profane/scary. Cutesy is ok! I've been starting my hoop wall in my kitchen, and the space I'm putting it in goes over my cabinets so  hoops 4-5" fit best.. other sizes will just have to find a place somewhere else, I guess!  I tend to like earthy tones the best, but I am just starting my hoop collection, so I'm excited by almost anything!  I ask that my hoops come from a smoke free home, please!

Here are my themes:
Big Bang Theory (I am obsessed....message me for ideas of what I'm wanting...I have tons of ideas!)--or your own ideas!
Alaska (mountains!!, animals, Anchorage skyline, Alaska outline with the heart where Anchorage is, etc)
Animals (our favorites are: Moose, Manatee, polar bear, owl, cute monkeys, gorillas, dolphin, penguin)
Superheroes (for my son-- example: Batman, Spiderman, Captain America, Green Lantern---the person or the symbol--or mix)
The beach!
Clothesline (this can be bigger b/c I think I'll hang in laundry room...I'd love it to say something like ----I'd rather be hanging outside--whatever you want!)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012 05:52:09 AM by johnson.mom2two » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012 02:04:25 PM »

I claim johnsom.mom2two for an animal

2/0/0

Hey there, Im Robin, I live a rich and complex life (as my sister and I say, and then laugh) in Toronto, Canada.  When not working, I love playing on the computer, scifi, craft blogs, my fabulous friends, my cats, and goofy crafts.  Im open to anything except religious themes, definitely ok are nudity, swears, politics, and absurdity.

My themes for this months hoopla are

1.   Robots (now and always)
2.   Cute monsters or aliens
3.   Cameras, new or antique
4.   Firefly, Dr. Horrible
5.   Great quotes, including inspirational, funny, sarcastic, or just plain strange
6.   Graffiti, street art, or cityscapes
7.   Space, planets, galaxies, stars, moons, the earth
8.   Animals in clothes
9.   Pinterest inspired  http://pinterest.com/fancybutch/

Have fun and happy stitching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
crazy4bags
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012 05:11:58 PM »

Claim Fancybutch for firefly, Dr Horrible. Send by July 30/12
(1,0,0)

Im Dawn I live in Kingston Ontario with my hubby and our little boy.  I love all manners of crafting, mainly crocheting and sewing these days.  I love everything pink, and super cutesy.  I would prefer no nudity or swearing now that there is an impressionable mind in the house. I am working toward a hoopla wall in my craft space, and would like a few for the kids room too.  There are also allergies at home cats and dogs both of my boys Sad

themes:   

1.  Whedonverse
2.  Great quotes
3.  PINK
4.  Sewing/crochet
5.  Florals
6.  Fairy/gnomes/toadstools etc ..
7. Something for Asher (check out my pinterest)
8.  Pinterest inspired

http://pinterest.com/dawnmc/

Thanks in advance!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012 07:11:00 AM »

I claim crazy4bags for Fairy/gnomes/toadstools etc Send out date Aug 2nd.

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, and a mini rex rabbit

I love cross stitch and embroidery and I have a large wall set aside for hoops. It has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a ton of room left to fill.

I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades. Most rooms in my house are white or beige with blue accents, my living room is pale green. I need some color. I'm trying to make our house feel something like a beach cottage (even tho we are about 30 minute drive from the Chesapeake bay) but the house has more of an overstuffed, cluttered, lived in feel.

Here are my themes!

blackwork
    monochromatic in blues
    a mini cross stitched quilt (any pattern)
    silly frogs/tree frogs/faerie frog
    Celtic knotwork
    Meowth/Team Rocket
    Pirate wench/pirate girl
    a dark/goth faerie
    Pinterest surprise
    Anything at all that inspires you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012 12:14:16 PM »

I claim Averia for a Pinterest Surprise--but to my inspiration!
Due August 2
3/1/1

Hi, I'm Laura, and I live in Ohio, although I'm from Anchorage Alaska, and that reflects a lot in my taste! I have a 6 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy, and have been married to my husband 9 years. I don't want anything vulgar/profane/scary. Cutesy is ok! I've been starting my hoop wall in my kitchen, and the space I'm putting it in goes over my cabinets so  hoops 4-5" fit best (unless you choose my Big Bang Theory/Alaska themes...then bigger the better).. other sizes will just have to find a place somewhere else, I guess!  I tend to like earthy tones the best, but I am just starting my hoop collection, so I'm excited by almost anything!  I ask that my hoops come from a smoke free home, please!

Here are my themes:
Truffula Tree (from the Lorax)
The beach!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliel85
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012 09:31:21 AM »

I claim Johnson.mom2two for a Big Bang Theory hoop! Due Aug 3, 1/0/0

Hi, I'm Julie, and I live in the Dallas area (but I'm originally from Chicago and still consider that home). I'm a fifth grade teacher and truly believe I have the best job in the world. I'm married to an amazing man who also loves to craft (in his own, manly way), and we have a very spoiled cat named Sadie. I'm also a singer, and music is an enormous part of our lives. If you claim me, please know that I will be out of town until the first week of August; I ask that you either send as close to the actual send-out date as possible, or just know that your hoop will be sitting at the post office until I return!

I have a lot of wonderful quotes on my hoop wall right now, so I ask that hoops be more "image" than "word" based, if that makes sense. I love blue, purple, green, metallics, and earth tones; not as big on pastels and neons.

I'm trying to keep my themes pretty general because I want you to take some creative license with it. I hope you'll accept the challenge! Smiley

Themes:

- treble clef
- books
- owls (nothing too cutesy please - not for a nursery! Wink)
- cat (a brown/grey tabby would be great)
- little red schoolhouse
- autumn
- a peaceful, rustic camp scene
- flowers
- anything from my hoopla board on Pinterest (right now I especially love the constellation, jackelope, and bunting I've pinned)

Thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012 09:33:59 AM by juliel85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Sneaky Way to Get Toned Arms!
Mountain-Climbing Moves for Your Legs and Butt
Back and Leg Workout You Can Do Anywhere
One Minute Full Body Workout With Montana
How to Apply Highlighter Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...