A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Choco-Cookie-Coconut Cake! Triple C-Cake! :D  (Read 715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lunaholic
armed with scissors

*meow*

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2012 08:31:17 AM »

This is a typical cake in Spain, when families were poor and there wasn't much money or food to celebrate special days.
When my mother was young, her family was very poor, too. It was in the moment of the post war here in Spain, my grandmother tried to make a good life for everyone. They didn't had much to eat, but she tried to have enough to make a special dish on birthdays nd Christmas. What was the easiest to gather at that time was old bread, pig fat and sugar. Cake was done with this... layers of bread wet with a bit of water, pig fat and sugar spread on it and more layers.
As the economy was better, the cake evolutionized like a Pokemon: bread became cookie, pig fat became butter, sugar became chocolate. Same procedure.
With the 80's everything became well, but that cake was something that was still done in birthdays, and viewed as something easy, simple, low cost and yummy.

My sister and me, remembering us of my beloved grandmother, made yet another evolution. So here come's Triple C-Cake. Chocolate-Cookie-Coconut Cake.

Ingredients:

400 gr of cookies
    250 gr of chocolate
    150 gr of butter
    2 eggs
    1 cup of heavy cream
    1 cup of milk
    125 gr of coconut flakes
    150 gr icing sugar
    cocoa powder
    chocolate-sugar-sprinkles

Instructions:
Melt the butter and dissolve the caster's sugar, then chop the chocolate, melt it and mix with the butter. Add the egg yolks. Beat the eggwhites to snow, and add them to the mixture, too. Now, divide the mixture in two parts. 1 part you leave it as it is.
Beat the heavy cream to snow, then add the coconut flakes. Add this and mix it to the 2. part. So 1 part of the mixture is plain, and the other is with cream and coconut. Let them aside.
Now take a plate or pan. Take the cookies and the cup of milk... you start dipping the cookies in the milk (be careful to not let them moisten too much, they just need to assorb a bit of milk, enough to be soft, but not that much to fall apart) and putting them in the pan. When it is covered, you take mixture 1 (plain chocolate) and put some spoons on the cookies, covering them. 1 layer done, you make a second layer, take mixture 2 (with the coconut-cream) and cover them again... then layer 3 (with plain choc mixture), then layer 4 with the coconut one, and so forth...Leave a bit of the mixtures for the end, because after 5-6 layers, you want to cover the whole cake with the chocolate mixture. On the top, you sprinkle some spoons of cocoa-powder, and decorate with chocolate and sugar sprinklies.
Of course there can more and more variations be done: with oreo cookies, using the white icing, with mousse au chocolate, with flan and so on...this is one we like because the flavour changes, but it still remains simple.
Enjoy! <3

More recipes and pictures on this blog: kitchenkawaii.blogs pot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charlesgerhart
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012 10:18:08 AM »

I really like chocolate cake..Specially when it has topping..Thanks for sharing its making procedure with ingredients..Its triple c cake as it has 2 layers and all layers are seems to be yummy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eliminate Brassy Blond Color Without a Trip to the Salon
Easy, Breezy Mermaid Hair Tutorial
Gold Tipped Braids at Mara Hoffman NYFW 2014
Half Up Bella Thorne Hair Tutorial
How to Change Your Hair from Day to Night Look
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...