A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pendant Swap 3 Gallery  (Read 11561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012 10:27:39 AM »

Oooh I love the glass bird one, but they're all gorgeous!

It's actually resin if you are talking about the black birds on a branch with the swirled blue through it - wish I knew how to work with glass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
lidehtium
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2012 06:32:33 PM »

Oooh I love the glass bird one, but they're all gorgeous!

It's actually resin if you are talking about the black birds on a branch with the swirled blue through it - wish I knew how to work with glass!

Thats even cooler! I love using resin but wouldn't have known that's what it was unless I saw it in person. What is the bird made of? (sticker, plastic, drawn??) If you don't mind me asking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2012 07:27:03 PM »

It is a new thing I have been doing this year.  If you have access to a laser printer or a photocopier, print the image you want onto tissue paper.  Untreated paper absorbs resin and becomes translucent.  A single layer of white tissue paper essentially becomes almost clear when embedded in wet resin.  So when I made that bird one, trim the tissue paper with the image to fit the mold, spread a layer of resin on the base of the mold, and gently immerse the image in the resin, then layer more resin over it.  Make sure when you lay the image down, not to trap any bubbles under it.  Don't trim close to the edges of the image, because you are more likely to see the paper edges in the finished product in clear resin.  It is not as noticeable when there is a backing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
dreadlady

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2012 07:24:33 AM »

Onyxnox, very cool technique!  I wish I had a laser printer, there is so many fun things I want to try that my ink jet just won't let me.  All the pendants you made are beautiful.

I thought I had posted the pendants I received from gala_apples, sweetyetevil, and skywookie but it doesn't look like I did.  I will get right on that. 

Glad that my pendants are finally arriving!  What a relief.  I'm glad you like them sweetyetevil!  I did a lampwork piece for everyone.  Although now I can't remember who got what! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dreadlady/

ATC ADDICT
Want to swap ATC's?  huh, huh, do ya?
lidehtium
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012 12:51:33 PM »

That is really neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2012 06:09:55 PM »

You could also hand draw the image on tissue paper too, or use a stamp with a good archival ink, or staz on, and you would get the same effect, or similar (there may be a bit of bleeding, and you may need to play with different inks, or setting the inks somehow).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012 06:11:23 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
kriSmith
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2012 02:57:18 PM »

I received my pendants from dreadlady last week.

I received a very pretty bird pendant and a dragonfly pendant. She did the dragonfly in my college colors. Go Iowa State!

I also received a glass pendant.

Thanks so much dreadlady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
lidehtium
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2012 06:19:01 PM »

awe those are fun. Do we have anyone left to receive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlady

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012 07:24:42 PM »

geez.  I can't believe it took me so long to post these.  I'm horrible and I apologize, but finally everything has gone back to normal.  So here are all the goodies I received...I got sweetyetevil's on my birthday so that was a fun birthday present!

Here are the ones sweetyetevil sent me:

I love this one!  It was on my pintrest and it contains a "dandelion puff" inside the vial. 

This awesome glass heart with silver and crystal details.  I really like this one Smiley  It has a gear and key, which I love.

These are from SkyWookiee:
Polymer clay pieces.  One with neat colorful swirls and one terra cotta colored with a gold wash.  Both a lovely!

And From gala_apples:
Three beautiful pendants.

I wear a lot of boho type sun dresses in the summer.  Especially since it has been almost 100 degrees every day this summer with 100 percent humidity....I have worn this piece a lot this summer.  It's stained wooden beads on a silver chain.  Love

Also I received this stamped leather feather in a beautiful shade of purple/burgandy/magenta, and a natural wood piece on a silver chain.  Love 'em all!

I love all the pendants you ladies made for me, and it was really great to have something so nice to look forward to last month.  Sorry that some of yours are still in transit!  I hope you like them!  Thanks for everything!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dreadlady/

ATC ADDICT
Want to swap ATC's?  huh, huh, do ya?
Onyxnox

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012 09:48:37 PM »

I received from Dreadlady today - so I have received from everyone.  I will try to post pics tomorrow - thank you Dreadlady.  Unfortunately, it looked like a little part of the tree may have broken off in the shipping, but I think I may be able to fake-fix it with a bit of metallic paint.  It still looks gorgeous - I just hope my pics will do them justice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit the Purl Stitch
How to Make a Snowy Candle Lantern
How to Make a Handmade Paper Envelope
How to Knit the Stockinette Stitch
How to Make a Handmade Paper Picture Frame
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...